• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DolomiteDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2022
    Carmel
    Went to gun store yesterday. I went in at the same time as another person (A) as a third person (B) was leaving the store. While I was browsing B comes back into the store and starts talking to A. B asks if A will buy him a 10mm because his license is expired. A says in a far more colorful way "No way" At volume. They talk a bit more and A leaves the store. B looks at me but I just break eye contact and go talk to an employee. I didn't say anything to the clerk at the time, but i'm wondering now if I should have. Looking for any thoughts on this.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Nice thing about Indiana is it doesn't matter if you have a license or not even before constitutional carry.

No responsibility but I wouldn't help him out given his lack of understanding of the process/laws other than maybe a bit of education.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If someone gives me money for a straw purchase, and I buy the gun, and then I decide to keep the gun...isn't that kind of like robbing a drug dealer? What's he gonna do, call the cops?

I guess he could come after me, but...well I have a gun now and he doesn't. :dunno:
    You're assuming he doesn't have a gun, and you may have a gun, but do you have ammo? And time to load a magazine, and engage? (Hopefully you'd have your own gun though.)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If someone gives me money for a straw purchase, and I buy the gun, and then I decide to keep the gun...isn't that kind of like robbing a drug dealer? What's he gonna do, call the cops?

I guess he could come after me, but...well I have a gun now and he doesn't. :dunno:

..... but is that enough ? I'd want lots of guns, and lots of friends with guns !

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They just ignored it. That plus my paranoia made me assume that B was a fed. I mean it was a full volume "F no" that could be heard across the store.
    Am I wrong for wishing a couple of constitutional conservative big boys would have smiled at him, drug his azz out back and curb stomped him until he cried uncle and apologized.
    :bat:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am going to guess the reference to"license" was drivers, not LTCH.

Are you a resident of Indiana? Yeah, but my license is expired.

Sorry, no sale without a valid ID( crim or Fed oath breaker, same difference really ) leaves but notices another potential mark, and makes the pitch.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am going to guess the reference to"license" was drivers, not LTCH.

Are you a resident of Indiana? Yeah, but my license is expired.

Sorry, no sale without a valid ID( crim or Fed oath breaker, same difference really ) leaves but notices another potential mark, and makes the pitch.
    That’s how I took it too.

No way would I make that sale, even if I didn’t hear A tell B to F himself, any gun counter guy that wasn’t aware of THAT going on in his store has serious issues.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    It should become part of gun culture that when we see this we all start changing "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!" getting louder and louder until the offending person leaves.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nice thing about Indiana is it doesn't matter if you have a license or not even before constitutional carry.

No responsibility but I wouldn't help him out given his lack of understanding of the process/laws other than maybe a bit of education.
    Could have meant expired drivers license…

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You're assuming he doesn't have a gun, and you may have a gun, but do you have ammo? And time to load a magazine, and engage? (Hopefully you'd have your own gun though.)
    maybe he doesn't realize you don't have ammo...after all he did just ask YOU to buy a gun for him with HIS money

Top Bottom