• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So I've decided to do some cosmetic modifications to my motorcycle and although I used a heat gun when I removed the decals, I'm still left with a LOT of residue I need to get off. So far a fine mesh scrub pad and didn't work, Goo Gone isn't working, acetone isn't working well by a long stretch and the Mr Clean Magic Eraser failed both wet or dry. I'm out of ideas here, does anyone know of an alternative to try? I've got both shiny plastic as well as the dull, textured black plastic with adhesive on it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Goof Off heavy duty?
    I've got some stuff at the shop for sign vinyl but I can't for the life of me think of the name right now.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have used a product called "skin so soft" before. It's some kind of skin care product my wife knows of.

Evidently her mom used it for removing adhesives.

Takes a little time, but I've had some success with it.

LeverGunFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Bartholomew County
    When I replaced decals on a boat, the graphics supplier had a product called Rapid Remover. Works very well to remove adhesive residue. It's available at Amazon. Alternately you can ask at an auto parts store what they have for removing adhesive, 3M has several products that should do the job. A handy tool to have is a Lil Chizler scraping tool, it's plastic and will not scratch the surface.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I've had good luck with Goo Gone and WD-40. I used the rubber eraser wheel but still needed something to get that last bit of glue off.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    A heat gun to warm it up (not too much on plastic) and several small shop rags soaked in WD-40. When one rag is gunked up, use a new one.

I've used carb cleaner as well, don't leave on long, wipe it right off. Won't hurt most paints, but painted plastic must be careful.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We use these for my wife's insulin CGM sensor patches. They seem to work on EVERYTHING.

They come in a small wet-nap type package. I can mail you a few if you'd like to try some before you buy. The box is only about $8 on Amazon.
    Screenshot_20220527-213010.png

Top Bottom