• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have a remington 552 Speedmaster that I bought brand new, way back in 1980, the year my twins were born. I forget the name of the place that I bought is...something like "Sportsmans Warehouse"? It was on the east side of Indy, where I lived at that time. I`m sure I have the original sales receipt, but do not recall off the top of my head what I paid for it. I have read online that these rifles are currently very expensive, and as I`m not a fan of remington, and actually prefer a bolt action over a semi-auto, I`m wondering if I might want to sell this rifle. I`ve recently has swivels installed and replaced the old scope it had with a Leupold rimfire scope, and it`s a pretty sweet looking .22 LR rig. The rifle still looks brand new.

I`m thinking I may want to trade this and get a nice bolt-action.22 LR. Maybe a Winchester? If I were to get a new-ish .22 LR bolt-action, would Winchester be a good one to consider? If not, what would be?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    You may want to consider a Ruger 77/22 bolt action? I own a Ruger 77/17 HMR bolt action and they are very well built. They are designed from the factory for scope use only. They do not come nor are they equipped with regular iron sites. Mine is dead accurate. Just ask the ground hogs around me. Oh wait...you can't they are dead.:cool:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    You may want to consider a Ruger 77/22 bolt action? I own a Ruger 77/17 HMR bolt action and they are very well built. They are designed from the factory for scope use only. They do not come nor are they equipped with regular iron sites. Mine is dead accurate. Just ask the ground hogs around me. Oh wait...you can't they are dead.:cool:
    It is cool that you know woodchuckese tho.

I can only get them to chatter and grind their teeth and I don't understand a thing other than they want a piece of me...

Top Bottom