• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Apparently this was announced over the summer of 2011, but I just heard about this over the weekend from a friend so it was news to me. REI is opening a store in Castleton!

Their press release:
    REI: Newsroom - REI to Open its First Indiana Store in Indianapolis Next Year

While this store has kind of a 'Seattle/Portland' feel to it and doesn't carry hunting/fishing equipment, the co-op program seems pretty interesting.

Next up, a Cabelas closer than 2 hours away from Indy! haha

(sorry if this is a dupe, searched and couldn't find anything, so i wanted to share in case this hadn't made INGO yet)

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Nice! I've been ordering from REI for years.

8490 Castleton Corner Drive
    Castleton, IN 46250

Get Directions

Store Hours:
    • M-F 10am - 9pm
    • Saturday 10am - 9pm
    • Sunday 11am - 6pm

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Didnt hear that either but REI is a great store. I look forward to going and checking it out when it opens. They have a great selection of hiking and camping supplies.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Have shopped at REI for about 2-3 years (when one was close). The store selections are usually pretty decent and the store personnel are very helpful with answering questions on products, etc. I always like this place better than the Gander Mtn, Dicks, etc type of "sporting goods" stores.

While the co-op program seems like a decent gimmick I would prefer they take the "dividend" off of the price when you buy, in lieu of keeping your money for a year, and then letting to have it back.:rolleyes:

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Saw it a few weeks back. It's in the same strip mall as Dave and Busters / Half price books.

Can't wait until its open. :rockwoot: Great company!

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    They donate to organizations like SUWA(Southern Utah wilderness alliance) Who get my offroad trails shut down using false facts...............I will never do business with them.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I too am glad there is another place to shop other than Dicks or Gander Mountain. REI has been a great catalog store for me, so I can't wait to go into the store.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The first vaulting pole I ever bought was from Galyans. They were an ACTUAL sporting goods store, not a running/golf/fishing/weekend camping store.

Dicks is more like a "recreation" store.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's still under construction, as of yesterday, and doesn't look like it's going to be open too terribly soon. On the upside, the Japanese store next to it sells killer sushi and Japanese food at a great price. I'll be going there frequently.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Is this going up on the outlot where BW3's and MCL is or across the street where the bookstore closed?

I miss Galyans too. The guys that worked there actually hunt, shot and fished.

Top Bottom