• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Three guys were using red dot equipped glocks at a recent Langdon Advanced pistol class. Two of the fellas did very well, me, not so much. Just not enough time on the platform but I certainly see the advantages and will continue to work on it.

I have tried lasers and RMR's in low light situations and personally prefer the red dot. As I get older night sights are pretty much a blur and useless. The concept IMO has enough merit that I have a second gun sent off for milling.

Probably just need to get in one of Steve Fishers classes and get some coaching from someone who uses a red dot on a daily basis.

Also use a ssvi trigger and like it, certainly better than the stock trigger, a more refined staple gun.

Last edited:

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    The only reason why I have not yet added the red dot is cost (milling the slide or buying a new slide, the Trijicon RMR, the tall night sights, and new holsters).

It will happen eventually.

Same here. When I have the money to invest in it and the time to dedicate to training with it I'd like to at least try one eventually. At this point I have other things that are higher on the priorities list. I was looking at holsters last night and I think the only issue might be a sweatguard for the kydex holsters I usually use; not positive but I don't think it would be too hard to either find a holster that would work or modify slightly a current kydex holster.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Right now I have...more than one M&P FS pistol.

That may or may not change.

If I'm ever a millionaire, I'll buy a CORE just to upset you, Roadie.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It won't upset me, but it might upset you.

Right now, I only have one m&p, but I'm thinking about setting up a 9c exactly the same way.
    IMG_20120209_185836.jpg

Because I'm a millionaire.;)

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Who is this newbie steve f and what happened to Steve MI? :D

ETA - that's a helluva deal on the 6-Second mount. I think that would work better from a shooting standpoint because the dot/sight isn't moving with the slide, and would be faster and more consistent to pick up as it is on a rifle. But it adds weight/bulk to the gun and makes holster selection problematic.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    picked up a Vortex Venom last weekend, haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(2).jpg
      FullSizeRender(2).jpg
      23 KB · Views: 18
    • FullSizeRender(5).jpg
      FullSizeRender(5).jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 19
    • IMG_1936.JPG
      IMG_1936.JPG
      39.2 KB · Views: 15

steve f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    michigan

ETA - that's a helluva deal on the 6-Second mount. I think that would work better from a shooting standpoint because the dot/sight isn't moving with the slide, and would be faster and more consistent to pick up as it is on a rifle. But it adds weight/bulk to the gun and makes holster selection problematic.

sorry wouldnt let me back in on the old name

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd report your post and explain why you have a new account. That way you don't get nailed for having multiple accounts.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis

For sure easier to pick up the dot but real tough to conceal.

Top Bottom