• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I am looking at getting some rubber hunting boots. I prefer field boots but we have a lot of water in my swamp I hunt.

I want somethin about 800g of insulation.
    I need good arch and ankle support, particularly as I nurse a pretty severe ankle injury.
    I am comfortable spending up to $200, but don't mind a good deal.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Go to Gander, Bass Pro, or Cabelas and try on as many pairs as you can. Get the pair that fits the best.

Lacrosse boots are typically snugg fitting in the ankle. Mucks are little looser in the ankle.

I am wearing Lacrosse Aeroheads and really like them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Loving the Lacrosse Aeroheads as well. I bought a set of insulated Lacrosse boots last year and I'm not impressed. At best they delay my feet turning to ice by an hour.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I actually went and tried on a few pairs. Picked up the guide series fanatic II. Fit the best, seem warm enough, and on sale. Its going to be snowy/rainy this weekend
    so I will post how they do.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I got 3 pair 1 is non-insolated 1 is 800g insolated and the last is 2400g insolated and the 2400's are great in the dead of winter and they were about $179.00 at gander mt. can't recall the name brand at this time.... Will repost and find out if interested, but my 800's are ok till it gets real cold out then time to break out the good ones.....

Last edited:

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Big fan of mucks. Most comfortable boots I've hunted in

Muck Boots has donated money to HSUS. I won't buy anything of theirs.

Neoprene boots aren't tough enough to last in the kind of terrain I run around in. Sharp sticks, barb wire, big thorns tear right through that foam. I guess if you are just going to walk down a path to a tree stand the neoprene stuff is okay.

I have a pair of the Lacrosse Burly boots and am very happy with them. They are comfortable and have held up very well for two years so far. I just got a pair of Lacrosse hip waders, too and like them so far. I won't have a chance to wear them out into the field until this weekend, though. Coon season opens this weekend don't ya know!:yesway:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I went boot shopping today. I left with the Lacross Aerohead's. I would have liked to try the 7mm version, but all they had was the 3.5mm version, and I was happy with them.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I just ordered Cabela's Instinct Accelerator 9 mm boots. I hope they are as warm as they advertise. I hate cold feet!

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I just ordered Cabela's Instinct Accelerator 9 mm boots. I hope they are as warm as they advertise. I hate cold feet!

I have found that when it comes to keeping your feet warm, good socks are perhaps just as if not more important than the boot. Sweaty feet quickly turn into cold feet. Keep your feet dry, better shot at keeping your feet warm.

Top Bottom