• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Going to be moving to Indiana very soon. Looking to move somewhere between South Bend, Lafayette, and Fort Wayne. Preferably in the country, or at least a more rural town, rather than a city. Close to a good range is always great. Looking to rent, preferably a house rather than an apartment. Any suggestions? Anyone got a place for rent?

Thanks.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Don't move to Lafayette if you don't like high winds from Oct to June, terrible roads, and bad factory smells that pollute the city. They do have a lot of gun shops and a few ranges though. Even if you live outside of the city you will still smell it if you live anywhere but west of it. And you will deal with high winds everywhere around it.

Other than that, its an ok area. lol

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't move to Lafayette if you don't like high winds from Oct to June, terrible roads, and bad factory smells that pollute the city. They do have a lot of gun shops and a few ranges though. Even if you live outside of the city you will still smell it if you live anywhere but west of it. And you will deal with high winds everywhere around it.

Harsh....:)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Warsaw / Wabash / Churubusco

I actually really like South Bend from the time I've spent there. Granted, I've never LIVED there...

I like Lafayette, too. I'm from just south of there (next county down)

Monticello is an option, as are Rochester & Plymouth. Towards the Ft. you've got Bluffton & Decatur - the two that I'm most familiar with. Most of my inlaws live here. Then there's Huntington & Columbia City.

There are HUNDREDS of places to live, OP.

What is important to you besides a range? Shopping? Restaurants? Are you retired or will you need an easy commute to a job?

-J-

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Warsaw / Wabash / Churubusco

I actually really like South Bend from the time I've spent there. Granted, I've never LIVED there...

I like Lafayette, too. I'm from just south of there (next county down)

Monticello is an option, as are Rochester & Plymouth. Towards the Ft. you've got Bluffton & Decatur - the two that I'm most familiar with. Most of my inlaws live here. Then there's Huntington & Columbia City.

There are HUNDREDS of places to live, OP.

What is important to you besides a range? Shopping? Restaurants? Are you retired or will you need an easy commute to a job?

-J-

Monon. You could eat at the Whistlestop every day.

I'm pretty sure White County is a Kentucky outpost.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I work in Lafayette but I don't live there.:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Winamac is a nice little town. So small it's 30 miles to the nearest Walmart in any compass direction. :D
    Winamac Fish and Wildlife range is close, the Tippecanoe river is great for Smallmouth, Pike, and Rockbass.

OP, are you moving for a job, family, retirement?

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    There's a little town called Gary in the north part of the state. Rent is probably pretty cheap, it's close to a huge lake, and plenty of opportunity to go shooting if you are in the right part of town.

:)

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Churubusco is just a little north west of Ft. Wayne and in Whitley Co. really though anywhere in Whitley Co. would be a good place to live.

Bonus would be that you would have Tomlinson's gun shop in your town then! :rockwoot:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Churubusco is just a little north west of Ft. Wayne and in Whitley Co. really though anywhere in Whitley Co. would be a good place to live.

Bonus would be that you would have Tomlinson's gun shop in your town then! :rockwoot:

But you have to deal with some man eating turtle...

Top Bottom