• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a 1903 pocket hammerless type 1 that I would like to have reblued. I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions or recommendations of a place to have it done.

Re-bluing will ruin any collector value and will decrease its value considerably. It's worth more even with a crappy finish. Having said that, it's yours to do as you wish. You want it back to factory...send it back to Colt.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC > Customer Services > Repair & Refinish > Firearm Refinishing

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If it's a precious family heirloom that you will always have, go for I say. I would send it back to Colt to have the work done. Problem is, I think Colt is so backed up right now they're not taking on any new work.

On the other hand, if there is any chance you may sell it one day, then all I can say is

Noooooooooooooooo!

mxxkffg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    southside Indianapolis
    Thank you for the replies. I'm still debating whether I want to do it or not. Its not real bad. Just one side is rough where someone took steel wool to it to remove a bit of rust. If I could figure out how to upload pictures on this I would show you guys what it looks like. Its a low serial number 77**. It shoots lights out. I just wish it were in better shape.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I had one that was about 70%...I didn't care about the finish, as I used it as a CCW for a few years. Great gun! I wish somebody would make a modern version of it, the PF9 comes close but those Colts are smooooth all over! I'd leave it just as it is and enjoy shooting it!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I've had several revolvers re-blued. But, I like guns that look nice. I don't care so much about resale value as I really don't care to sell them. I've yet to find anyone who can do a good job on a piece of bad metal.

Smith Wesson does a fantastic job but they have about 8 week backlog and will not take anything over 30 years old.

Try Bret Havlin in Brownsburg. He's listed here on INGO.

Top Bottom