• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm looking forward to an ACR, do they make a less obvious belt loop set up, maybe j hooks or something? Office carry isn't easy with big black loops.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, the raven guys have a number of different attachment methods. some are lower profile than others.

On the issue of adjustable retention, this was originally put on leather holsters to compensate for stretch of the leather. Basically correcting for a defect, not an added benefit.

A big advantage of kydex, if it's too tight, or too loose, just get out the old hair dryer and correct it. It's pretty simple, I've done it on a number of mine.

I think the reason a lot of people call the Raven gear big and bulky is because of the extra material they leave around the rivets. It makes the holster look very wide. If you've ever used a kydex holster cut really tight to the gun profile, you'll realize why that material is there. Without it, the constant draw and reholster causes cracks in the attachment areas.

Tinman....

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Well I ordered a Phantom and some IWB hooks on Saturday. Today I got an update saying they are about 30 days deep in orders and will keep me updated. I really want to try this out OWB concealed.

Their standard quoted lead time is 30 days when they get backed up. The vast majority of orders go out much quicker.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Has anyone tried the Appendix Carry Rig AKA the ACR. I worked with them on it and I am interested in hearing your thoughts.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Has anyone tried the Appendix Carry Rig AKA the ACR. I worked with them on it and I am interested in hearing your thoughts.
    Yes, I have 2. One for my Hk P7 and one for my G27. I love them both. I've carried there for years and this setup is the most stable I have seen. I bought a nice Beltman horse hide belt to carry the load and the ACR loves a good belt. I have pics of my wearing them on another thread but thre were some "haters" about my crotch shots :D.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, I have 2. One for my Hk P7 and one for my G27. I love them both. I've carried there for years and this setup is the most stable I have seen. I bought a nice Beltman horse hide belt to carry the load and the ACR loves a good belt. I have pics of my wearing them on another thread but thre were some "haters" about my crotch shots :D.
    Got a link sir?
    Pretty sure I won't be fond of your crotch shot, but I'd like to see the holster in use.:):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

George- my 22-year-old sister purchased the ACR (for SigP250) after talking with Mike and Steve (Fisher) at the Raven booth. They recommended it for the "tactical" aspect, as well as they said women tend to find the method more comfortable. They even made hers with the belt clip closer to the holster body, as she's a very trim girl.

From what she's told me about it, she likes the holster overall. Fit and finish, like all Raven stuff, was excellent. She says concealment does require something more than just a clingy t-shirt. Now she is looking for a better belt, as the one she normally wears with it isn't the greatest.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Got a link sir?
    Pretty sure I won't be fond of your crotch shot, but I'd like to see the holster in use.:):
    Aw heck, I 'll just repost the pics.
    RavenG27ACR1.jpg

RavenP7ACR7.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For those who are interested here is the thought process behind us endorsing APEX carry and the ACR, glad everyone is digging them. No matter the tool you select the process has to be Selection, Carry, Deployment and Use. Too many great carry options fail as deployment options.

MODERN COMBATIVE SYSTEMS - MCS Doctrine as it Relates to Appendix Carry
    Very interesting. I have carried in this fashion off-duty since getting into this line of work. Your pluses are my pluses as well at more comfortable, conceals easier, and I can keep it protected better. It makes it harder for a gun grab, they cannot surprise you. To take it, they must go face to face. Thanks for the link to your site. Lots of interesting information.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Soon I will be shooting some video showing how much easier it is to deploy your pistol from APEX carry than from behind the hip. It will also show how your are very likely to land rounds in your opponents groin by using default targeting from the clinch.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Soon I will be shooting some video showing how much easier it is to deploy your pistol from APEX carry than from behind the hip. It will also show how your are very likely to land rounds in your opponents groin by using default targeting from the clinch.

Been there done that last year it was an eyeopener to many students.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like the looks of the ACR rig. I've tried the Comp-Tac appendix carry holster, but I'm too squishy for it to be stable. I've tried a few others as well, including crossdraw IWB holsters in the appendix position. Good idea, but again most lack adequate stability for those squishy types among us. So far the best solution I've found has been a Comp-Tac CTAC because it has fore and aft belt loops and carry height and cant are ajustable.

I'd also like to remind us all that Bruce Nelson, inventor of the "Summer Special," wore his summer special in the appendix position.

Top Bottom