• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Raven Concealment Phantom Light Compatible Holster for the Glock 17 with Surefire x300 attached.

All I can say is WOW.....First of all, I changed my order twice - GREAT communication from Jay and both times said changing the order was "no problem" and "no trouble".

It was supposed to take around thirty days to ship out - it took 16.

It arrived and the first thing I noticed was how tight it held the gun in place - with no movement, and how thin the overall profile was -

I put the holster on and was impressed at how tight it held the gun to my body.

I threw a polo on over the rig and liked how it didn't hang low, it was basically invisible, and I haven't even tried the IWB overhooks out yet.

I got in the car and took a 2hr drive - I never knew concealing a fullsize pistol with a weapon mounted light could be this comfortable WHILE SITTING.

Another feature is being able to get a full grip on the pistol. This is very important, as I carry my child with my left arm while in public.

The holster comes with a lifetime warranty as outlined on their website:

"Our products are made in the USA, by Americans. They are constructed of the highest quality materials, and are meticulously fitted, assembled, and finished. Because of this rigorous attention to detail, we proudly cover everything we make with an unconditional lifetime guarantee."
    - ravenconcealment.com

I placed my order through themalabarfront.com and couldn't be any happier.

I've tried many holsters from the likes of Bladetech, Comptac, Galco, Kramer, Fobus, Uncle Mikes, Blackhawk the list goes on.....And I can emphatically say Raven Concealment has got them all beat!

**Local Gunshop Reaction**

I went into my local gunshop today to get some XS Big Dot night sights put on my g17 (another positive, the XS big dots ARE compatible with the holster), when I drew the gun/light from the holster eyes instantly were attracted to the new rig. Needless to say I happened to have Raven Concealment's business card 'stolen' - I'll have to get some more!

**If you want more pictures or have questions feel free to send me a private message**

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Is your holster canted at all, or is it straight vertical??? I can't quite tell from the pics, as they look to be canted a little themselves..

Great writeup, though - it looks like a really nice holster!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Not only do they make great holsters, but the guys from Raven are good dudes. They are shooters who understand and use the gear they build. You would be surprised how rare that is in the gun industry.

They should have a really innovative product coming out soon. Check their website in a few weeks to see what I'm talking about.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is the retention adjustable? I can't see the back side of it. Does it require an undershirt for it to be comfortabe?

Retention is not adjustable, and in my case - I'm very pleased with it, so I don't mind. Plus, if it gets worn out and the retention is lacking I can just send it in!

It does NOT require an undershirt to be comfortable I was wearing it all last night - no issues.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is your holster canted at all, or is it straight vertical??? I can't quite tell from the pics, as they look to be canted a little themselves..

Great writeup, though - it looks like a really nice holster!

It is slightly canted forward.

Thanks!

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Nice write up.

Ive heard alot of good thing about the Raven Concealment Holsters. I currently run a CQC/S for my Glock but have be eyeballing one for both my G19 and my SA MC.

They just look big & bulky to me.

Does the holster seem any larger than others that you have?

Any chance you can post pics of the Raven with a side by side comparison of another holster?

Can anyone post pics of a Raven Concealment for a 1911?

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nice write up.

Ive heard alot of good thing about the Raven Concealment Holsters. I currently run a CQC/S for my Glock but have be eyeballing one for both my G19 and my SA MC.

They just look big & bulky to me.

Does the holster seem any larger than others that you have?

Any chance you can post pics of the Raven with a side by side comparison of another holster?

Can anyone post pics of a Raven Concealment for a 1911?

I felt that they also looked big and bulky also, as I did about the MTAC until I received it.

The holster in my experience is smaller than any other I've had before - AND I'm saying this with a surefire x300 attached. The kydex is very very thin, I tried to photograph that, but I'm not great at taking pics.

The MTAC when sitting in a car would be 'nudging' the holster upwards due to its design. Just one of the reasons that I sold that holster. Other holsters when OWB would not keep the gun close to my body as this one does. I've now attached the IWB overhooks and will be wearing it all night - I'll post some pictures soon.

The only other holster that I have here is a Uncle Mike's IWB nylon - I will get pictures of the two and post sometime tomorrow.

Also, I'll try to get you some pictures of a 1911 in the phantom.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm not entirely sure how you could find an RCS holster "big and bulky." It's one of the thinnest Kydex holsters I've seen, and they're certainly much slimmer than any leather holster. The thing I really like about mine is that the position is just absolutely perfect. Other than the fact that the gun adds a couple of pounds of metal and plastic to my right hip and the IWB model makes my pants just a bit snugger, I really don't notice it that much (and *that* is from someone who only wears her firearm on special occasions like training classes and group meets) -- and those two points are all gun, not holster.

A couple of other nice points:
    1) the eyelets go all the way down the sides of the holsters, so you can adjust the loops or attachments to be in almost any position you like, as well as giving you the capability to add on other pieces like legos (such as putting two mag carriers side by side, for example).
    2) The Kydex is very smooth, making for comfort against the skin, limited snagging of clothes, and a quick and silent drawstroke.

Yes, I've totally drank the kool-aid. :)

Here's a couple of photos of mine with the flexible loops for IWB for my Sig P250, with a decent shot of the back of it.

lrg-399-sigp250-holster1.jpg

lrg-408-sigp250-holster2.jpg

lrg-410-sigp250-holster3.jpg

lrg-404-sigp250-holster5.jpg

PS, I will also add that while W9ZEB admits that the Raven holster is very comfortable and he doesn't mind wearing it, he does like his M-tac because the leather back conforms better to his hip than the Kydex of the Raven does.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Oh one not-wonderful thing I will add: thin kydex becomes not comfortable when you shoot 45 rounds in 53 seconds and then put the very extremely hot firearm into your IWB holster.

if you plan to shoot a lot (match, anyone?), wear lots of layers or switch to the OWB clips.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My ACR for my P7. Extremely comfortable to carry with this holster. I carry off-duty in this manner for the last 10 yrs and this is the first holster designed just for this. I love it. I want to get one for my G27 and my G23c.
    RavenP7ACR2.jpg

RavenP7ACR3.jpg

RavenP7ACR7.jpg

RavenP7ACR8.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Denny347,

Could I get you to convert your holster to SOB, mount it at 4 or 5 o'clock position and snap some pics? I'm gonna be ordering a holster for my P7M8 and would love to see/hear how comfortable it would be. I'm looking at the crossbreed SOB but I'm concerned that it only has one clip for support and the P7 is very "bottom heavy".

Thanks

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I carry my high power in a Raven with tuckable clips on a regular basis. Very comfortable. The only problem I have had is with the plastic pieces holding the belt clips have cracked after a year or so. Very pleased with the comfort level considering I'm carrying an all steel pistol with 16 rounds.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    A friend gave me a Raven Ghost holster for my glock and I'm in love with it. holds the gun tighter to my side than any other OWB holster I've tried.

I'm gonna be ordering a couple for my XD's when funds permit.

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Thanks everyone for posting your pics and experinces with the Raven holsters.

Looks like I will be drinking the kool-aid myself and get one for my SA MC.

Dont know if I can give up my CQC/S for my G19 though.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Denny347,

Could I get you to convert your holster to SOB, mount it at 4 or 5 o'clock position and snap some pics? I'm gonna be ordering a holster for my P7M8 and would love to see/hear how comfortable it would be. I'm looking at the crossbreed SOB but I'm concerned that it only has one clip for support and the P7 is very "bottom heavy".

Thanks

why would you carry SOB?

the raven hoslsters are very nice they are very nice guys to deal with and they listen to there customers even if some nag about wait times. they are a small shop with many orders. its worth the wait usually 3 weeks to 30 days... I have spent a lot of time with them and running there gear and training in it as well. in some very hard areans.

the acr is great rig...
    all of my phantoms have 0 CANT and more of deep relief cut for better firing grip per my request the holsters spread out the weight much better and allow for more comfy carry day in and out. often 14 hours a day for me

they have many new items in the works im of current running there battle chassis its agreat system.

Top Bottom