• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Full article

There seems to be a moderately high level of discomfort in the general public.

But 47% oppose so-called "open carry" laws that would allow citizens to openly wear their guns in public. Forty-one percent (41%) favor laws. Several states are currently wrestling with this issue.
    In households with a gun owner, support for "open carry" laws rises to 57%. In households where no gun is present, 62% oppose them.
    Similarly, 55% of those in non-gun-owning households are concerned about their safety around those who have legal permits to carry concealed weapons. Just 27% of those who have a gun owner in their household express similar concern.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Rasumussen poll: 47% Oppose Allowing Openly Gay People in Public, 41% Favor

Rasumussen poll: 47% Oppose Allowing Openly Gay People in Public, 41% Favor

But 47% oppose so-called "openly gay" laws that would allow citizens to be openly gay in public, or speak with a gay accent. Forty-one percent (41%) favor laws. Several states are currently wrestling with this issue.
    In households with a gay person, support for "openly gay" laws rises to 57%. In households where no gay is present, 62% oppose them.
    Similarly, 55% of those in non-gay households are concerned about their safety around those who are concealing that they are HIV positive. Just 27% of those who have a gay in their household express similar concern.

Can't they see how silly this is? I know, preaching to the choir.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    BREAKING NEWS -
    A majority of Americans polled in a recent Rasmussen poll do not oppose "open carry".

God I love context!

NEWS FLASH!

They're not "open carry laws", in perhaps every case, it's just the absence of a law prohibitng open carry.

You know... like FREEDOM!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Good thing this is not a democracy and our rights do not hinge on the feelings of the majority.

They rest in the hands of activist judges and sellout congressmen.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How come I never get polled? Who are these people, how are they chosen, and how are the polls conducted? If some of the people on INGO were called upon to participate, I would say the numbers were skewed because you can't even get a good number of INGOers to answer a poll on here without being sarcastic. :laugh:

I never trust in polls! :nono:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    NEWS FLASH!

They're not "open carry laws", in perhaps every case, it's just the absence of a law prohibitng open carry.

You know... like FREEDOM!

Exactly. Many are of the flawed notion that laws allow rather than restrict.

So they set up a completely flawed poll on that flawed premise.

Though it means nothing, it will likely produce some flawed impact as well. :rolleyes:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    How come I never get polled? Who are these people, how are they chosen, and how are the polls conducted? If some of the people on INGO were called upon to participate, I would say the numbers were skewed because you can't even get a good number of INGOers to answer a poll on here without being sarcastic. :laugh:

I wonder if they've actually tried speaking in purple.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Is it an out-of-sight, out-of-mind situation for these ninnies then? Because requiring firearms to be concealed doesn't change the number of people who actually carry.

Kinda like some liberal moms I know who rant about their children not being safe with people allowed to carry firearms. All the while, the .38 is tucked safely and discreetly in my purse just 6 ft away. :laugh:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Because requiring firearms to be concealed doesn't change the number of people who actually carry.

In Kalifornia, it actually would greatly decrease the number of people who could legally carry.

They are not a "shall issue" state for permits. Most folks are denied.

Top Bottom