RareBreed FRT trigger declared a machinegun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Was this trigger approved by the atf in the past?

Well, that doesn't matter, since they apparently can change their mind about anything and the courts buy their BS.

The fact that Congress pushes regulatory control to agencies and they get to make up their minds with the power of law willy-nilly is 100000% obscene.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well, that doesn't matter, since they apparently can change their mind about anything and the courts buy their BS.

The fact that Congress pushes regulatory control to agencies and they get to make up their minds with the power of law willy-nilly is 100000% obscene.
    Reason I ask is because I would think a good lawyer could show the court hey they approved this very trigger. I would think that would have some weight in court.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    So, I am trying to understand, still.
    Did the get prior approval for this trigger, by the BATF - FTB and then the ATF reversed their decision or did they not get approval and just start selling it?

I know the video on their website said they had two, former, ATF techs look at it and test it, but it never clearly states whether it was approved to begin with, like in the case of the bump stocks.

Last edited:

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    Do, I am trying to understand, still.
    Did the get prior approval for this trigger, by the BATF - FTB and then the ATF reversed their decision or did they not get approval and just start selling it?

I know the video on their website said they had two, former, ATF techs look at it and test it, but it never clearly states whether it was approved to begin with, like in the case of the bump stocks.

I have never seen any proof where they got an ATF approval. Only that they had 4 of their experts (ATF experts who the ATF themself call experts and use in court as such), say they were not machineguns. From there they started selling, without a letter from the ATF (as others have said doesn't really mean much but has been the standard for the industry when doing questionable things they knew likely wouldn't stand the test of time).

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Do you have to ask the crown's permission to make gun parts that by definition are not regulated?
    Obviously, you don't have to but it's pretty much been the industry practice on things like this that push up against the line.
    Why expend a bunch of time, money, resources if you are just going to get the sucker slapped out of your hand by the bully, at the end of the day.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Obviously, you don't have to but it's pretty much been the industry practice on things like this that push up against the line.
    Why expend a bunch of time, money, resources if you are just going to get the sucker slapped out of your hand by the bully, at the end of the day.
    I see what your saying, but I was raised to punch a bully in the nose.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Because free ppl don't ask permission. And by literally every definition published this trigger isn't a machine gun.

Top Bottom