• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Every range I have ever been to, everyone is good about letting others shoot their rifles, pistols etc. Only once have I seen someone say that they couldn't and since it was a customized rifle that he said he paid around 6,000 for, I would have probably said the same too. In fact, looking forward to the meet and greet coming up soon again. I know more then a couple enjoyed firing my AK 47 and my SCAR.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Every range I have ever been to, everyone is good about letting others shoot their rifles, pistols etc. Only once have I seen someone say that they couldn't and since it was a customized rifle that he said he paid around 6,000 for, I would have probably said the same too. In fact, looking forward to the meet and greet coming up soon again. I know more then a couple enjoyed firing my AK 47 and my SCAR.

I know! The guy saw me talking to my dad and talking about EOtechs and such he walks over with his Daniel Defense M4 and tells me to give it a try. He also almost forced his Horandy ammo on us. :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My SCAR has an EO Tech, and everyone loves it. My AR has an Aimpoint, and most everyone likes the EO more. Nothing scientific, just what I have seen up here at the ranges. Well, if you were shooting his rifle, some people are particular about what ammo goes through their firearms. Personally, i figure most are built to shoot any of the ammo, they all just work better with certain brands on holding groups.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Dang, I could have used those rounds, haha. Well, nice guy. I do enjoy the ranges around here. I know as I have left, I have left behind targets if I have a couple left, like less then 3. Just figure others can use them. In case they forget them, like I usually do

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Yes it is. But if you want you can shoot something bigger. I'm thinking of taking my WWI Lee-Enfield to a match.

Around here the high power matches are in the 300 yd. range. I'm not sure what the practical limit for the 5.56 is.

500 meters I think.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    for the 5.56 depends on who you ask. Military says against personal, its 550 meters and 800 meters for area targets. Some people say they lose too much power after 300 meters. Course, there are some that can use the 5.56 at longer ranges, if they are really good.

Top Bottom