• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    yeah, i could too, but not at the expense of good people. Its not a fake story, it happened. why do you get worked up over what bad cops do? they are'nt your brothers. Just like bad soldiers who commit crimes are not my brothers. i wish justice, and punishment for their crimes. I obey the law and have nothing to prove to you, nor any reason to be at odds with you if you are a good officer as you say, but yet you condem me because i wish to hold cops accountible that do bad things.
    If stories of bad soldiers were posted here, I would condemn them as well.

i condemn all criminals, no matter what color their uniforms are.

seems to me that the police who truely work to preserve law, should rally beside citizens who support and obey the law, and citizens to those who justly enforce it. not laugh at them or critisize them for voicing concern over the rise of police abuses of power. now is the time to come together, not divide.

I wasn't worked up, I just found it funny that someone would admit to you that they "confiscated" someone's firearms and kept them for their own personal use. Were I to commit a crime, I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone about it if they didn't already have first hand knowledge of it. I do a lot of condemning of bad cops, I just don't tell everyone on an internet forum that I do. Believe me, I have a lot to say about bad cops, just not to people I don't know.

As to the statement you made about bad soldiers, you don't get to talk about bad soldiers because no one ever posts stories about them. No one makes the effort to find stories about bad soldiers because it isn't as fun as finding stories about bad cops.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    I wasn't worked up, I just found it funny that someone would admit to you that they "confiscated" someone's firearms and kept them for their own personal use. Were I to commit a crime, I sure as hell wouldn't tell anyone about it if they didn't already have first hand knowledge of it. I do a lot of condemning of bad cops, I just don't tell everyone on an internet forum that I do. Believe me, I have a lot to say about bad cops, just not to people I don't know.

As to the statement you made about bad soldiers, you don't get to talk about bad soldiers because no one ever posts stories about them. No one makes the effort to find stories about bad soldiers because it isn't as fun as finding stories about bad cops.

Personally I don't give a **** about what happens to some "poor" Hadji over there.

I do, however, give a **** about what you and your boys in blue do that is wrong and against the law, on the taxpayers dime and all. Sworn to uphold the law and protect the citizens.

Wake the **** up and smell the coffee.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I do, however, give a **** about what you and your boys in blue do that is wrong and against the law, on the taxpayers dime and all. snip.

Frank seems a pretty upstanding guy, to me. I'm surprised to hear you state that he has done wrong and broken the law. I'm genuinely curious... what laws has he broken?

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    Frank seems a pretty upstanding guy, to me. I'm surprised to hear you state that he has done wrong and broken the law. I'm genuinely curious... what laws has he broken?

I am talking about his brothers in LE and the "cop stories" versus the nowhere-to-be-found MIL stories.

Was that honestly really hard to understand?

Wasn't supposed to be a direct personal attack on Frank.

I was stating the reason for myself, and probably for most of the common folks, why Cop stories appear on Forums, more .MIL stories appear.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    His "isn't as fun..." comment really pissed me off. there's the ****ing "us against them" mentally that I cannot stand.

You and other LEO's would actually do yourselves a great favor in distancing yourselves from this cluster**** of a tragedy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    His "isn't as fun..." comment really pissed me off. there's the ****ing "us against them" mentally that I cannot stand.

You and other LEO's would actually do yourselves a great favor in distancing yourselves from this cluster**** of a tragedy.

I'm a retail worker....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

It happens. People who think they've gotten away with something often can't keep their mouths shut about it. That includes cops.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Personally I don't give a **** about what happens to some "poor" Hadji over there.

I do, however, give a **** about what you and your boys in blue do that is wrong and against the law, on the taxpayers dime and all. Sworn to uphold the law and protect the citizens.

Wake the **** up and smell the coffee.

I wasn't referring to what soldiers may do "over there" to the "poor hadjis." I was referring to crimes committed on US soil. They do happen, but for some reason no one seems to talk about them happening. I could really care less. If I wanted to find a story about a soldier committing a crime, I could. I don't go looking for them because I don't get personal enjoyment reading/posting about bad soldiers like some people do reading/posting about bad cops.

You have proven my point by saying "what you and your boys in blue do that is against the law." You don't know me from any other stranger, but you lump me in to the same category simply because I am a cop. That's ok though, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And opinions are like *******s ... everyone's got one, and most of them stink.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    I wasn't referring to what soldiers may do "over there" to the "poor hadjis." I was referring to crimes committed on US soil. They do happen, but for some reason no one seems to talk about them happening. I could really care less. If I wanted to find a story about a soldier committing a crime, I could. I don't go looking for them because I don't get personal enjoyment reading/posting about bad soldiers like some people do reading/posting about bad cops.

You have proven my point by saying "what you and your boys in blue do that is against the law." You don't know me from any other stranger, but you lump me in to the same category simply because I am a cop. That's ok though, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And opinions are like *******s ... everyone's got one, and most of them stink.

Look Man, i wasn't trying to pick a fight. Your right, I don't know you from Adam...you might be an outstanding guy and a great LEO...but I couldn't fathom why there would need to be any defense of these LEO's from San Obispo.

And lumping you together with them, yes, only on the basis of if your an LEO coming into this thread to simply defend other LEO's in general.

I am ex MIL, and It pisses me off equally when a service member ****s up bad enough to trouble a civilians life...but how often does that happen on US soil? I'm not talking about fraud, waste, and abuse of stupid ****. I'm talking about they don't directly affect Joe Citizen's life in such a way that a couple of douchebag LEO's from San Obispo did.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Speaking of the "us vs. them" mentality. You need to get a list of all the LEOs on INGO. From that list you need to check all of the posts of the LEOs that promote the us vs. them mentality as opposed to the posts of the non-LEOs on INGO and their us vs. them mentality. I would be willing to bet that you will find that very few posts by the LEOs promote that mentality and that it is predominantly promoted by (a minority of) the non-LEOs.

I do distance myself by cluster****s such as the one in San Luis because I do things "by the book." My department has things called General Orders and Rules and Regulations that dictate how I [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] must do my job. My paycheck, freedom, and non-existent criminal history (except for a couple traffic tickets in '92 and '94) depend on me following those G.O.s and R and Rs. I'm sorry I can't say the same for cops that have let their greed, ego, stupidity, etc get the best of them. But they made that decision and now they have to suffer the consequences.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Look Man, i wasn't trying to pick a fight. Your right, I don't know you from Adam...you might be an outstanding guy and a great LEO...but I couldn't fathom why there would need to be any defense of these LEO's from San Obispo.

And lumping you together with them, yes, only on the basis of if your an LEO coming into this thread to simply defend other LEO's in general.

I am ex MIL, and It pisses me off equally when a service member ****s up bad enough to trouble a civilians life...but how often does that happen on US soil? I'm not talking about fraud, waste, and abuse of stupid ****. I'm talking about they don't directly affect Joe Citizen's life in such a way that a couple of douchebag LEO's from San Obispo did.

Making a joke about needing more firearms at someone else's expense is a far cry from defending what those officers did. No where did I defend their actions and frankly you won't hear me defending them. I don't defend *******s that make the rest of LEOs look bad, especially if they are clearly in the wrong.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    Making a joke about needing more firearms at someone else's expense is a far cry from defending what those officers did. No where did I defend their actions and frankly you won't hear me defending them. I don't defend *******s that make the rest of LEOs look bad, especially if they are clearly in the wrong.

Alright, well that was easily settled. Good deal. Guess we can agree on this situation.

Sorry if you took that as a direct personal attack.

I'm going to bed so I can get up early and go shoot...goodnite gents.

:patriot:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Here is one example of a service member that ****ed up bad enough to trouble a civilian's life. Sure that civilian was a cop, but I'm sure the service member's actions affected more lives than just that of the officer he killed. Happened on US soil too.

Sergeant Howard King (Howie) Stevenson, Ceres Police Department

Marine determined to die rather than return to Iraq Commits Suicide by Cop

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

unfortunatly a lot. there are just as many criminals in the military just like anywhere else. most of the time the military "handles" it and you dont hear about them. but it happens a lot.

it IS however different when a military member commits a crime on U.S. soil. they have no authority over the civilians they harm. still not right though.

police, ARE in charge of enforcing laws. and when they use their granted authority over those that grant them said authority, and abuse the public trust and commit crimes, they should be punished a lot more severely than anyone else.

neither is right, but soldiers are'nt saints, as you should know being prior service as you said.

most soldiers are not public relations or police officers.

police ARE though. if they cant handle some rowdy civilians or not break the laws then they should find another job.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    unfortunatly a lot. there are just as many criminals in the military just like anywhere else. most of the time the military "handles" it and you dont hear about them. but it happens a lot.

it IS however different when a military member commits a crime on U.S. soil. they have no authority over the civilians they harm. still not right though.

police, ARE in charge of enforcing laws. and when they use their granted authority over those that grant them said authority, and abuse the public trust and commit crimes, they should be punished a lot more severely than anyone else.

neither is right, but soldiers are'nt saints, as you should know being prior service as you said.

most soldiers are not public relations or police officers.

police ARE though. if they cant handle some rowdy civilians or not break the laws then they should find another job.

Agreed

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

i understand what you mean about the stories not being posted because it does'nt get as much of a rise from people. but mainly theres not as much rise because people know soldiers are not in command over them in the U.S. police however ARE in a possition to screw people over if they wish to abuse their authority. believe me, if people had soldiers busting in their homes without warrants, it would have already come to WAR. i think the American people are being VERY lenient to those that are trampling our rights. Rights that stand up over ANY man made law.

just by posting my feelings about cases of police abuse of power, i get called a "cop hater" sometimes by LEO's on here. That however could'nt be farther from the truth. I make comments about the articles or stories people post. i however DONT (to my recolection) post those stories myself. i dont waist my time trying to find "bad police" stories, nor do i feel the need to post common news stories about anything, like some people do on here. im here to meet like minded people who enjoy LEGAL guns and outdoor activities, like i do. i take part in the political discusions on here to pass the time. in daily life i dont discuss politics. if i did, i'd probly have a stroke from getting so pissed off.

i dont think its right to lump all police and call them ALL "bad cops", and i have made misstatements to that regard here, and i have appologized in some cases. but I DO feel it DUTY as citizens, to highlight and make public the actions of "bad police" in EVERY CASE.

the story that was told to me by the LEO (friend) was VERY agravating and pissed me off. I chose to end our long friendship over it. I will not go along with criminal behavior, no matter who commits it.

Frank, i totaly understand your wishes to not talk about bad cop isses in public on the internet. i think that shows a level of professionalism.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    (Snipped)

Not to pick a fight here, but I think the reason people get more upset about "bad cops" than "bad soldiers" is that "bad soldiers" aren't out there on my streets enforcing the laws of the community. We all want to have some expectation of fairness in our dealings with police officers, and to have our noses rubbed into police abuses of their authority or police criminality makes us wonder how we will be treated in our next interaction with a policeman.

On the other hand, police tend to circle the wagons because outsiders with their own agendae like to misconstrue any police mistakes as deliberate; they really like to twist any situation that will make the police look bad and use it for their own purposes - whether that be to make money from a wrongful you-name-it lawsuit, or to get plenty of slack for their operations in the 'hood. You can hardly blame a cop if he wants to disbelieve his brother cops are prima facie guilty of wrongdoing based on a video or an anecdote.

Top Bottom