• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    Watch this video and see how the Sheriff Dept mishandled this.

HOME PAGE | KCCN.tv or Youtube link: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aGD32DENkk[/ame]

I got this link from another forum. Watch the video on the homepage. This pisses me off to no end.

Last edited:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I would say there is enough evidence in that video that every single officer on scene will be fired and hopefully charged with fabricating evidence and obstruction of justice.

Hopefully the accused receives all his guns back and I nice sum of money from the county to buy more

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The accused, who appears limited on funds (giving his housing choice, etc.) had a lawyer. The lawyer appeared to be private and was going to file at least one sort of motion. Then, at the next hearing, the guy was represented by a public defender. Not sure of that person's background (private practice donating time, works for the county, etc.), but the DA said that if he didn't plead to one misdemeanor, he would go forward with two or three felony charges. He ended up getting some guns back, but lost some others. If you listen to the recording I did, the dispatcher said he has nine guns registered to him, but they took in 14 or so.

This case shows two things:
    #1: Don't live in a state and/or municipality where your gun rights are severely restricted. If the powers that be in such an area have no problem restricting your freedom, they aren't going to care about hiring cops that push the envelope, and even cross the line, when it comes to things like search and seizure, etc.. They will use your tax dollars to defend themselves and their officers in court. Eventually, they will pack their state appeals, state supreme, and federal courts with like minded jurists.

#2: Part of your emergency cash reserve should include at least $5,000 for a decent lawyer. If you have the money, or can save the money, make that around $8,000.

This guy rolled, likely because he didn't have the intelligence and money to get someone to really fight for him. Had he done that, the charges might have been dismissed and he could get all his guns back. Then, he could possibly have sued. Too many folks think the lawsuit should make them rich, or at least give them a nice sum of pay money. Forget that, just sue for your lawyers fees and double that for pain and suffer. So if you pay $15K to get a judge to rule the search was unconstitutional, sue for $30K. If they offer $20K, take it and go on with your life. The important thing is having the money readily available to defend the bogus charges first. Judging for the list of firearms I saw, the guy might have had some money, but he spent thousands on firearms. Once they were taken, he couldn't sell any of them to pay his legal fees.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    The accused, who appears limited on funds (giving his housing choice, etc.) had a lawyer. The lawyer appeared to be private and was going to file at least one sort of motion. Then, at the next hearing, the guy was represented by a public defender. Not sure of that person's background (private practice donating time, works for the county, etc.), but the DA said that if he didn't plead to one misdemeanor, he would go forward with two or three felony charges. He ended up getting some guns back, but lost some others. If you listen to the recording I did, the dispatcher said he has nine guns registered to him, but they took in 14 or so.

This case shows two things:
    #1: Don't live in a state and/or municipality where your gun rights are severely restricted. If the powers that be in such an area have no problem restricting your freedom, they aren't going to care about hiring cops that push the envelope, and even cross the line, when it comes to things like search and seizure, etc.. They will use your tax dollars to defend themselves and their officers in court. Eventually, they will pack their state appeals, state supreme, and federal courts with like minded jurists.

#2: Part of your emergency cash reserve should include at least $5,000 for a decent lawyer. If you have the money, or can save the money, make that around $8,000.

This guy rolled, likely because he didn't have the intelligence and money to get someone to really fight for him. Had he done that, the charges might have been dismissed and he could get all his guns back. Then, he could possibly have sued. Too many folks think the lawsuit should make them rich, or at least give them a nice sum of pay money. Forget that, just sue for your lawyers fees and double that for pain and suffer. So if you pay $15K to get a judge to rule the search was unconstitutional, sue for $30K. If they offer $20K, take it and go on with your life. The important thing is having the money readily available to defend the bogus charges first. Judging for the list of firearms I saw, the guy might have had some money, but he spent thousands on firearms. Once they were taken, he couldn't sell any of them to pay his legal fees.

Excellent post...but this shows the sad state that we are in as citizens of this once great country.

What a ****ed up system.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Excellent post...but this shows the sad state that we are in as citizens of this once great country.

What a ****ed up system.

Do you want to go back to the old ways, where the cops were corrupt to the core? Things have actually gotten better, much better. For all the images we see on TV about individual freedom in the old days, there were all sorts of horrible things happening, especially out west: Railroad companies using cops to get people to sell their land, cops/Sheriff's banning guns just like Chicago has. I don't know how valid the following story is, but I heard of an old case near downtown Indy. Back when Indy was the area between North, South, East, and West Streets, the area between New York St./Washington St. and the river was known by some other name (not Haughville, that is the area along Michigan St.). Rumor is that there were three corrupt lawmen for that town, and that the residents ended up hanging them because of their corruption. The area is now known as Stringtown, and they say that is how the area got that name.

While I agree with you the system is still screwed up, it wouldn't be that way if people would:
    #1: Practice some sort of financial sense to save money
    and
    #2: Be willing to fight _and_ file minimal lawsuits.

Filing a six-figure lawsuit can sometimes just tick off a municipality, whereas if you file just what you are out, and maybe a few grand for "pain and suffering," I could see a lot more governments just paying that out. Eventually police chiefs and sheriff's would get sick of that money being paid out and engage in some more training on how to use common sense. What we really need are organizations that doesn't have a political bent like the ACLU, one that stands for protection(s) of specific Amendments. This case should have been funded in part by the person arrested, with a lot of help from the NRA, GOA, etc.. Of course they might have helped, had the person arrested contacted them (from what I am reading, this happened back in 2008). Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Either way, the fact that he still lives on the property shows that most folks just flat out refuse to move, work, and live with their rights in mind. Sure it would suck to move, but there is a big country out there, and sometimes it takes pulling up roots and relocating to better yourself, as least when it comes to governments respecting your rights.

People think Indiana is pro-gun, go out to Wyoming. A former co-worker went out there for an LEO job. Out there, the ranchers have a vested interest in keeping the peace. Almost all of them are volunteer fighter fighters, and they are a close knit community. They have police and fire scanners they listen too. It isn't uncommon in the rural areas for an officer on a traffic stop to have an armed rancher show up and back-up the officer. The rancher usually does nothing but stay in the background and only acts if things go bad. In other areas of the country, a citizen who is armed, even if known, would be warned to get the hell away. Just goes to show us how different things are in various parts of the country.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    wow this pretty much disgusts me. if i wasn't too scared or confused to speak, which is unlikely. i'd be calling out every piece of illegal **** they were doing. man im gonna go fresh up on legal code i dont want to be rusty if im ever dealing with above-the-law cops

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i hope they all get fired. all it would have taken is for one of them to say NO, im not participating in this illegal activity. but they did'nt, they went along like blind sheep. discusting and sickening. Other LEO's should be outraged too when they see this. It WILL affect them, because people will lump them all together. Good LEO's need to arrest the bad. It will be an epic battle of good vs. evil. I will support good Law Enforcement Officers, as long as they support themselves against the bad leo's.

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Mr Hart was wronged in so many ways, what's it say about someone that would intentionally set out to destroy someones life just to cover the mistakes you've made.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    i hope they all get fired. all it would have taken is for one of them to say NO, im not participating in this illegal activity. but they did'nt, they went along like [STRIKE]blind sheep[/STRIKE] wolves. discusting and sickening.

FTFY

I hope nothing like that ever happens to me.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    He should have had a combination safe. Or had his guns stashed. It's a shame, but we have come to a day when you have to assume you could be raided at any time day or night. Even if you have done nothing wrong. It happens all the time.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    He should have had a combination safe. Or had his guns stashed. It's a shame, but we have come to a day when you have to assume you could be raided at any time day or night. Even if you have done nothing wrong. It happens all the time.

yep, sometimes even the police need to be kept honest. a combination dial is the way to go. (a lot of people will be up a creek if an EMP goes off and they have a digital safe and cant access their guns).

The one deputy was nosey and seemed to think he was gonna eventualy get to keep anything he found. I have no doubt he would have taken it (stolen it) if the other deputy would have told him to go ahead and he would'nt say anything.
    I've heard local first hand accounts from police of how they have added new firearms to their collection from a confiscation.

also heard (second hand) how some confiscated guns have wound up in a local gun shop owned by former or current cops/deputies. (wont mention shop name, but its no one on INGO)

If I was on a jury, i would (in the words of an INGO LEO) "throw the book at them" the cops, and they would have plenty of time to think it over in jail.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Does your "first hand account" friend have any upcoming confiscations? I could use a few new (to me) firearms.

yeah, i could too, but not at the expense of good people. Its not a fake story, it happened. why do you get worked up over what bad cops do? they are'nt your brothers. Just like bad soldiers who commit crimes are not my brothers. i wish justice, and punishment for their crimes. I obey the law and have nothing to prove to you, nor any reason to be at odds with you if you are a good officer as you say, but yet you condem me because i wish to hold cops accountible that do bad things.
    If stories of bad soldiers were posted here, I would condemn them as well.

i condemn all criminals, no matter what color their uniforms are.

seems to me that the police who truely work to preserve law, should rally beside citizens who support and obey the law, and citizens to those who justly enforce it. not laugh at them or critisize them for voicing concern over the rise of police abuses of power. now is the time to come together, not divide.

Last edited:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Seems like this Department has issues.

San Luis Police officers guilty of drug smuggling

May 3, 2010 12:24 pm

..........The officers were attempting to bring more than 800 pills, including both uppers and diet pills, into the United States. Neither officer had prescriptions for the Spanish labeled drugs.
    McDow and Limon were placed on paid leave on Sept. 16 after the city learned that Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials were investigating them. The officers earned more than $150,000 during the investigation.
    As of March 11 of this year, Limon had received $75,393 in total pay and benefits and, for McDow, that amounts to $75,817. The officers remain on paid administrative leave.
    San Luis Police officers guilty of drug smuggling - Cal Coast News

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    corruption is a virus, without a strong moral and ethical background, its easy to get wrapped up in bad stuff, probably starts with turning a blind eye, then getting unwillingly involved, and eventually just being ok with the whole thing. i think its a decline in moral values across the board in america, its become, "get what you can, take what you want, you deserve it"

Top Bottom