• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Real deal grassroots organization ran by a real deal combat vet who, from my limited interactions, is an incredible human.

More about the organization:

Giving Back (registered entity name/tax ID name), also known as “Giving Back USA” on social media and our website, is a veteran/first responder-founded 501(c)(3) Nonprofit started in 2018 as a Limited Liability Corporation/ “not for profit” entity, and converted to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2020 in order to more effectively focus on the vast and unique mental health challenges faced by our heroes in uniform, both those actively serving, and veterans, along with their immediate families.

We provide crisis intervention/suicide prevention, peer support, logistical, liaison, and Veteran/First Responder advocacy services linking Veterans and First Responders with mental health resources and professional providers, as well as family oriented outdoor activities and events geared towards healing the invisible wounds of war and trauma on our 850+ acre private property near Martinsville, VA. We are also able to assist with out- of-pocket costs for professional mental health services, co-pays, travel costs, and other expenses as may be necessary, as many of the services we assist with, or offer to our clientele can be cost-prohibitive if not covered by an individual or family insurance plan.

We are a 100% volunteer organization, and no one on the Giving Back staff or Board of Directors receives financial compensation for their participation, work, or services provided. Our staff consists of seasoned first responders, combat veterans, and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Our Board of Directors is also 100% all volunteer, and comprised of combat veterans, former first responders, and a board-certified psychiatrist who advises us on how to effectively implement programs, supportive therapeutic activities, & ensure we are providing services in line with current best practices for our heroes in uniform and their families. Every penny we raise through donations and fundraisers goes directly to supporting our programs. Every “big ticket” item (any item with a cost exceeding $1,000, such as tractor equipment, our pavilion, storage container, etc.) in use by Giving Back, has been purchased personally by Board and/or Staff members, and their use donated to our organization, allowing us to use all financial donations and funds raised to go solely to supporting our programs and services.

If you actually give a **** about veterans, this is an easy button to do some good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Screenshot_20220502-150803.png

The donate button takes you to this link.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    View attachment 198316

The donate button takes you to this link.

Correct. But that link does not indicate that donation there results in raffle entry.

I may do so anyway, but....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Correct. But that link does not indicate that donation there results in raffle entry.

I may do so anyway, but....
    Entered. As soon as I figure out how.
    Per the founder: Use the “donation” button, and follow up with a message to us with Name, # of tickets purchased, address (so we can mail your tickets), and phone number (so we can properly fill in the ticket stubs we keep to contact you when you win).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    BBI has determined this is a real deal cause and based upon his upright respected character exemplified on this board that's good enough for me. Decided to make a donation without entering in the raffle. Don't really have a need for the prize packages at this point.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI has determined this is a real deal cause and based upon his upright respected character exemplified on this board that's good enough for me. Decided to make a donation without entering in the raffle. Don't really have a need for the prize packages at this point.

That's generous of you, thanks. I figure if I win something I'm unlikely to use I'll simply 're-donate it' and they can either raffle it again next time or use it in their programs. If I win the .300 BO I'm keeping that sucker, though. :D

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I just sent a bit. As long as it is actually for a good cause and not to line the top brass' pockets I am all for it.

Besides, any place that is located on a road called Horsepasture has got to be legit.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's generous of you, thanks. I figure if I win something I'm unlikely to use I'll simply 're-donate it' and they can either raffle it again next time or use it in their programs. If I win the .300 BO I'm keeping that sucker, though. :D
    Pretty much what I am thinking.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Guess I missed out.
    I just donated $50, and paid the transaction fees, but was not offered the opportunity to get raffle tickets.

Top Bottom