• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have been told that per the DNR it is illegal to relocate.
    You catch em you dispatch em.
    That is my creed when it comes to the little bandits!
    You can relocate but must have PERMIASION from the property owner of where you relocate them. DNR does not want them on state property.

In addition if you dont relocate at least 50 miles from you, if you were their "nest" they will just come back.

Thus one good racoon is a dead raccon.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When we were little my grand mother's two brothers were great to go coon hunting with. Lay in the grass and listen to the hounds run, trail and tree. We'd be laying there watching for satellites while we listened. Not even being a teenager yet I got tree climbing duty if one needed to get flushed out, helped along with a sapling pole pushing from behind (me, not the coon!:eek:).

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The last year I had my chickens, I trapped 28 coons in 21 days. I still had more after that, but that first month I had the live traps out was insane. I have a bajillion here on my trail cameras but no longer have poultry so don't get too upset about them as long as they leave my bird feeders alone.
    I purchased an “electric” bird feeder that keeps the squirrels, deer, and coons off of it. It is QUICKLY paying for itself in saved bird seed

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At OP keep up the fight.
    A dead raccoon is the only kind of good raccoon.

You probably ran into a family of them. Until you dispatch to hell the mamma raccon the family is still going to be around.

Oreos with peanut butter in a trap is one of their favorites.
    Peanut butter and marshmallows in a live for the local racoons. Then dispatched with a quickness.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I am fortunate to have a pond close to drop a live trap into see how long they can hold their breath. Trap is nice and clean after also. Did you know an opposum will hold it's breath longer?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am fortunate to have a pond close to drop a live trap into see how long they can hold their breath. Trap is nice and clean after also. Did you know an opposum will hold it's breath longer?
    I did that with pineys. I pop coons any chance I get. I won't shoot opposums tho, unless they are causing trouble. Those ugly, smelly things are cool. I hear they don't get diseases and take care of a lot of stuff I don't want.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    No I didn’t. But tried the same thing with a skunk where I used to work.. taylor university.. the skunk sprayed resulting in closing the swimming area because of the the skunk smell. I had bathed the skunk about an hour and a half before it opened and had removed the trap from the lake.. drove it down the road a bit and released bathed skunk . Didn’t know that there were houses hidden up a long lane close to there.. I played dumb when someone told me that a professor dog had killed a skunk and drug it into there garage

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No I didn’t. But tried the same thing with a skunk where I used to work.. taylor university.. the skunk sprayed resulting in closing the swimming area because of the the skunk smell. I had bathed the skunk about an hour and a half before it opened and had removed the trap from the lake.. drove it down the road a bit and released bathed skunk . Didn’t know that there were houses hidden up a long lane close to there.. I played dumb when someone told me that a professor dog had killed a skunk and drug it into there garage
    :lmfao:
    Close call.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dont kill the opposums. They are nature's garage disposal and ensure all the dead stuff gets eaten thus no disease for other animals or us. Let them do their job.

Question about the pond. Does drowning them not contaminate the water? Maybe not one but if you did that to multiple of them?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In the past you could use "coon cola", but you can't buy the fly bait anymore. Deadlier than a two step snake.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Dont kill the opposums. They are nature's garage disposal and ensure all the dead stuff gets eaten thus no disease for other animals or us. Let them do their job.

Question about the pond. Does drowning them not contaminate the water? Maybe not one but if you did that to multiple of them?
    The pond is 5 acres and 50' deep. No contamination. And I let the buzzards be the disposals. I do not leave the bodies in the pond or any waterway.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The pond is 5 acres and 50' deep. No contamination. And I let the buzzards be the disposals. I do not leave the bodies in the pond or any waterway.
    Ah makes sense. So it's just like the 50gal water barrel then. If you were to leave the body IN the pond and let it decompose it would contaminate right?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This is reminding me of a Texas Department of Corrections picknick around about when I going into first grade. That tender barbecued coon had really long leg bones. And it didn't taste anything like Pawpaw's.
    That's the same day a Special Forces vet turned TDC guard pulled me and my life vest out from under a tree root snag in a fast running creek. Whatever that man's name is, he saved my life. I still remember earlier that day seeing him (squat and powerful) swimming across there with a beer held up in each hand.
    In retrospect I reckon southeast Texas was just the jungle he needed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom