Question for 22 rifle owners: What is your favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    My old favorite has been the Marlin 39a leveraction I bought back in 1974. I've shot a bunch of squirrels with it. However, in the last few years, I've really gotten attached to single shot rifles. My new favorite .22 is the little H&R Sportster single shot. I bought the little rifle last year, and had a ball chasing squirrels with it!:D

Picture012-1.jpg

Since squirrel season is over, I've added several embelishments to it. A new monte carlo stock to better align my eye with the scope, and a 3-9x 50 mm scope with a BDC. Then for my birthday, I found a guy in Lafayette that does hydrographic camo jobs on guns, and had the stock done in a 3D camo. Can't wait for squirrel season next August!:D

Picture019_zps2c71e53a.jpg

Mad Dog

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I love 22's and have many.

I collect 22 lever actions. My favorite has to be a 9422 mag winchester I bought it
    at bradis guns back when the shop had more chainsaws and lawn mowers than guns.

From the bench i like my new Kimber 82G with peep sights. Scoped i have a semi custom 10-22 target that is nice.

For walking around with a marlin 39M or a browning sa-22. Both carry like a dream.

When I used to trap nothing like a stevens single shot 22 short.

In a way every 22 I own or see for sale is my favorite. Kind of like which Victoria's secret supermodel would I like to have as a girlfriend.

This is awesome info! See? Now I can look them up online and learn more about each of them and gain a better understanding of why they are so well liked. Then, I'll go take a closer look at Victorias supermodels too!! :draw:

There's a certain attraction to the idea of finding an older one at a shop that's still in good condition and worth hanging onto. Although, inheriting one would mean that much more!

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My old favorite has been the Marlin 39a leveraction I bought back in 1974. I've shot a bunch of squirrels with it. However, in the last few years, I've really gotten attached to single shot rifles. My new favorite .22 is the little H&R Sportster single shot. I bought the little rifle last year, and had a ball chasing squirrels with it!:D

Picture012-1.jpg

Since squirrel season is over, I've added several embelishments to it. A new monte carlo stock to better align my eye with the scope, and a 3-9x 50 mm scope with a BDC. Then for my birthday, I found a guy in Lafayette that does hydrographic camo jobs on guns, and had the stock done in a 3D camo. Can't wait for squirrel season next August!:D

Picture019_zps2c71e53a.jpg

Mad Dog

Nice! Apparently the squirrel got tired of waiting for you to take the picture? :D

Another mention of the Marlin 39a. I'm making my list! Thanks for sharing!

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    CNA and Scottie1317: Are the 15/22's more accurate than the 10/22's? I know one is a tactical rifle and the other is standard but wondered if there was any real difference otherwise?

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    Shots fired, If you go the Marlin 39a route, look for an older used one. Since Marlin got bought out, there have been quality issues on some of the new ones. Oh yeah, a pic of my old one.

sguirrelhunting018.jpg

Mad Dog

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I love my M&P 15-22 and my Savage FV-SR.
    Savage%20FVSR.jpg

[ame="http://youtu.be/BRVEoX7glFA"]http://youtu.be/BRVEoX7glFA[/ame]

Both are great suppressed as well. Whatever 22lr I get, it has to have a threaded barrel.

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Appreciate all of the great feedback from everyone as well as the list I will put together as the ones to look for when I'm out shopping. Since both of mine are older, I think I'm more attracted to the idea of finding a nicer older one as has been suggested but the new ones are very intriguing as well. This is why you buy the safe bigger than you really need. :yesway:

Thanks to everyone and I'll keep looking back to see if any others get added!

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I only own one, a Mossberg 715T, which is basically a 702 Plinkster dressed up as an AR. Decent inexpensive rifle. Added a Vector Optics red dot scope.

Top Bottom