Question for 22 rifle owners: What is your favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Out of curiosity, what is your favorite 22 rifle? I have two, an M69 Romanian military trainer and a Remington 513T. I don't have a lot of experience with guns (just getting started good actually) but I would like to know more about what others have and what they like most about them. I shoot mine off the deck for target practice basically. :popcorn:

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Have you had any issues with yours? Some here have said that they aren't very happy with the quality of the build. I've been looking heavily at the CZ 455 Lux. The CZ 452 military trainers were apparently discontinued after 2011 but there are still some out there.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Just got a Savage FV-SR and added a Huntertown arms suppressor pictured.
    Loving it so far with only under 200 rounds through it.

IMG_4586_zpsa6fc7f34.jpg

5 shots 50 yards S&K Match
    IMG_4705_zpsbbb9000a.jpg

dcnsteve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    I also love my ruger 10/22 as well as an old stevens model 87c not fancy but quite accurate with just iron sights.

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I love both mine. I've got a 10/22 LVT and the build quality is amazing. I also have a CZ455 that has the sweetest trigger I've ever felt. Both are fine rifles.

I really want to find a CZ at some point. Not sure why I need so many 22's but I can shoot them in the backyard with no complaints from any of the neighbors or distance issues. Appreciate the feedback!

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I really like the Romanian trainer. Just put a Barska scope on it and have been working on dialing it in. Got a cheapie bipod for it too. Nothing fancy, just fun. When all you have is what you have, and you're happy with that, you can't beat it! :D

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I love 22's and have many.

I collect 22 lever actions. My favorite has to be a 9422 mag winchester I bought it
    at bradis guns back when the shop had more chainsaws and lawn mowers than guns.

From the bench i like my new Kimber 82G with peep sights. Scoped i have a semi custom 10-22 target that is nice.

For walking around with a marlin 39M or a browning sa-22. Both carry like a dream.

When I used to trap nothing like a stevens single shot 22 short.

In a way every 22 I own or see for sale is my favorite. Kind of like which Victoria's secret supermodel would I like to have as a girlfriend.

Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I really enjoy shooting my Remington 514. Even though it's just a single shot bolt action, it's what I learned how to shoot with. It's pretty accurate as well. I also have a Marlin 60 that I use for squirrel hunting.

Model 514 Bolt Action Rimfire Rifle

Marlin Model 60

I see you've been enjoying what I'm enjoying. My 513T is dated 1941. Came from the CMP. Just put an insert in the Williams rear sight but I've got to work with it as soon as time allows to get it tuned in. Hopefully in a few days!

Top Bottom