• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. [/FONT]

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. [/FONT]

they get us so angry about social welfare,,,to try to take our eye off what theyre other hand is doing... the amount weve given out in corporate welfare makes social welfare look like a tip jar...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Trying to legislate common sense? A bit totalitiarianistic isn't it? :D Don't worry, someone will be along in a minute and call me a libtard ;)

I understand your frustration at supposed injustices that you see around you in regards to government benefits and the abuses there-in. If it were a perfect world, there would not be any of these benefits. But trying to put further rules and regulations on these benefits is no better than the current system. The current system can barely check itself against welfare and unemployment fraud and some desire to add MORE scrutiny? More surveillance of spending habits of benefit users? What would be next? Pension control? Tax refund spending control programs?

What shocks me is the "governmentalizing" of reproduction! You can't have health benes unless you control your birthing pattern? No dude, lost me there. What you want is social engineering, a perfect world, but YOUR perfect world by use of government force (or lack of benefits).

I would like to see, for one, a statistic showing the "abuses" that are mentioned above. Not saying you are "wrong" or "ill thought" (I agree to your demands in some regards), but how would this not complicate an already complex system that is already failing rapidly? :dunno:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    they get us so angry about social welfare,,,to try to take our eye off what theyre other hand is doing... the amount weve given out in corporate welfare makes social welfare look like a tip jar...

I agree fully on corporate welfare: We have created a free market system, unless you have cronies in the government to bail you out when you fail. Free market is about success or failure, government benefit to corporation only makes it a success system (but at a failure for taxpayers who actually control the market through spending).

We tried tipping the scales in corporate's benefit in the Recession and where has that card sharking got us? Banks that have roots so deep in government that our tax income and economic system can be doomed to failure.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    The way to solve this problem is to simply eliminate all government social welfare programs. I think that this would allow non-profits and religious institutions to help people who are in need even more than what they can do now.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The way to solve this problem is to simply eliminate all government social welfare programs. I think that this would allow non-profits and religious institutions to help people who are in need even more than what they can do now.

Never happen. Talk to someone around 60ish about getting rid of Soc. Sec. Their view is that they've put into for 50 plus years and they want something out of it. Can't say I blame them.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Never happen. Talk to someone around 60ish about getting rid of Soc. Sec. Their view is that they've put into for 50 plus years and they want something out of it. Can't say I blame them.

What am I gonna do in 33 years when I want my SS? I wish we could have got the opt out...I'd be money ahead. I'm just glad I put a little money back in some CD's, let's hope they don't come for them.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What am I gonna do in 33 years when I want my SS? I wish we could have got the opt out...I'd be money ahead. I'm just glad I put a little money back in some CD's, let's hope they don't come for them.

That's my thinking: I am paying into something that I will never have benefit from due to shrinking benefits and such. The money I pay into SS could go into a nice CD or even an IRA.

By the time things are done, the only way for me to retire is to suck start a pistol at age 80. :(

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    That's my thinking: I am paying into something that I will never have benefit from due to shrinking benefits and such. The money I pay into SS could go into a nice CD or even an IRA.

By the time things are done, the only way for me to retire is to suck start a pistol at age 80. :(

I don't ever plan to retire, I'd go broke. I'd just like to have a choice and say as to what my money goes to.

Hell I'd rather it go to charity.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood

People respond to incentives. When we incentivize being a bum, then people will be bums.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put me in charge...[sic]...The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. [/FONT]

If all of this welfare came from voluntary charitable contributions, most of what you've typed would already be kept in check. The problem is that this welfare comes from forcibly-taken taxes & then uninvolved bureaucrats try to apply simple formulas & almost zero oversight for each program.

If you want welfare, stop asking the freaking state...go ask a church or civic group to help you get back on your feet. :twocents:

Daniel Boone said:
    We have the right, as individuals, to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right so to appropriate a dollar of the public money.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Oh, there's plenty of blame for those in their mid 60s. They've been voting to give themselves my money for nearly fifty years. They (collectively) are far from noble nor hardly entitled to anything for simply gifting themselves the product of their grandchildren's labor. :twocents:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The government has become the ultimate arbitrator of business in this country and tax money the reward it dispenses. We are beyond the point now where it will do anything other than grow until it collapses under it's own weight. Long before this happens the standard of living in this country will erode until it looks like mexico.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I saw a lady at Walmart the other day. She had 2 carts with her. The first had normal food (milk, eggs, bread, peanut butter, etc.) the second cart had **** in it (doritos, pop, candy, cookies, sugary cereal, etc.). The bill for the first cart was $80 and change and she paid with food stamps/swipey card thing. Second cart came to about $120 and change and she pulled out a huge folded wad of cash. She peeled two crisp $100 bills off the outside and paid for the second cart. I can't say for certain that the whole wad was $100s, but the two she peeled off and the next one down certainly were.

Great example of the broken system in my eyes. I wanted to punch something.

kan915

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Allen County
    This thread and a bottle of Old Grandad (i have a job) I could spend the entire night here. Scary part is everyone is right on.....Problem is OP is more right on. Being the system is as broke as it is, and all the "fixes" the goverment has, it keeps gettin worse. I grew up with the notion that when you're stuck....DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT IS WRONG" and if OP is wrong, then it provides a damn good foundation to build from. If nothing else it would shake things up and wake some folks up. I pay 15%-20% of my income in taxes to support these broken programs, I am required to take a drug & **** test to keep my job....to keep supporting these programs....then I dont see a damn thing wrong in having to take those same tests to recieve those benefits. and on....and on. sorry, these thing really get my blood boiling, but yea, im in.....shake it up.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    These problems cannot be addressed by central planning.
    if you make it so food stamps can't apply to pop, beer, steak, pomegranates, or any kind of "luxury food" a clever person on welfare will simply trade. They will offer a friend with a proposition," I'll get your groceries, you just give me the cash." next stop liquor store, and on food stamps at that.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I would love it if only people who could afford to have children could have kids. I would love for the people who spend my tax dollars poorly to die of starvation. And I would love to just kill off all the criminals. At least for a few years till population gets under control.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    [FONT=&quot]Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. [/FONT]

You forgot to mention confiscation of firearms or only allowed one with one bullet or something to that effect.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm afraid that if we don't start turning this thing around, SOON, that it will be too late to do anything as our debt/entitlement mentality/unfunded liabilities/taxpayer obligations has reached critical mass. The recent round of "emergency" spending by Congress isn't very encouraging and that is why I am doing everything I can to prepare for the inevitable when we simply cannot afford/print our way out of this charade. Just look at what the students in England did today when they tried to implement tuition payments. Now, try to imagine the chaos in America when the monthly checks decrease/stop and the government serfs that vote for a living can no longer buy their Big Gulps and HoHo's and their cell phones/cable gets cut off!

The next few years are going to be VERY interesting - prepare accordingly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom