• El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I am glad it turned out good for you.

I live in Muncie and have a place outside Madison so I make many trips down south. The past 13 years I have been pulled over 4 times and all have been in Rushville, luckily I have never got a ticket. One time I was pulled over for expired plates on my trailer. The officer told me why he pulled me over and I told him I didn’t know they were expired. He said give me your license and registration he would look maybe I forgot to put the sticker on. Well after a few minutes he walked up and asked me where I was a firefighter at (firefighter license plates) I told him Muncie. He said he would not write me a ticket but I had to promise him one thing. I asked what it was? He said I couldn’t tell anymore cop jokes. I told him you better write me the ticket because there was no way I could make a promise like that.
    There are lots of good police officers out there.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    says there was just a bank robbery and my vehicle matched description of get away vehicle. Said when he saw me I didn’t match physical description of robber.

I know it is ancient history, but in the 1990's, the convenience store at the edge of my neighborhood got hit fairly regularly. I was about three blocks from home and I got pulled over by a couple of units. You could tell they were pretty worked up. Kept my hands on 10 & 2 smiled. The usual questions and ID request. All they had to go on was a silver Dodge minivan. That narrowed it down to about 600 cars on my end of town.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. Driving a minivan with wife and kids. The kid wearing the badge approaches my car with hand on holstered gun. But he wouldn't come all the way to my window. He stood like 2 or 3 feet behind my window and seemed jittery to me. First words out of his mouth, "Do you have any guns or drugs in the vehicle?" Frankly, between his behavior and the question, I'm feeling a bit nervous. "Did you pull me over just to ask that?" He says, "No. I pulled you over to give you a speeding ticket. Please produce your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance." So I hand the dickhead the requested documents, but I have to practically hang out of my window to give it to him since he would not approach. He writes the ticket (6mph over supposedly) and I leave. I don't know if he was new to wearing a badge or just what his issue was. Walkerton Indiana. It was on a national register of known speed traps before us31 was reconfigured. I hope they spent my $150 wisely because I will NEVER drive through that ******** town again. Six over my ass.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You got a great officer and be glad it wasn't 10 years ago. IMHO the officer realized he had a sheep on his hands from the get go.....you probably gave him a good laugh and a story to tell his fellow officers later. Very seldom get pulled over and been well over 15 years....windows down and lights on inside, everything is ready before I get pulled over and hands on the wheel. Never been asked about a gun, and they shouldn't be asking if they do ask me. And I'm never bringing it up....why would anybody?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Funny story my son just told me...was down around maybe the Bloomington area doing a job. They got bushes and shrubs on every corner of the town he was in, so you can't see traffic...great. He looks and looks and slowly inches out then its clear and he goes. Here come a cop and he knows the cop is speeding! Cop has to get on the brakes and my son has to take off.....gets pulled over. Cop is furious with him and going off. My son stays calm and just hears the officers anger and says sorry I can't see and kept inching out and kept looking again and again....never mentions or asks why the cop was speeding. Cop is still furious and takes his info back to his squad car. My son getting a ticket for sure.....cop comes back up and gives him his info and is the nicest guy! Talks to him a bit and no ticket no nothing, a complete different person! My son asked me whats up with that? I said it could be he saw you got your lifetime permit and he is a gun guy lucky for you..lol. He has never got a ticket or any recored....then we thought what all would come up on my son? I said maybe it came up you held that fugitive at gunpoint until police showed up to cuff him. Maybe that came up and.....if so...I told him he may never get a ticket.....LOL. I have no clue if thats on there or not when they run his name or not. But for some reason that cop did a 360 on him.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I was pulled over a few of weeks ago and it has been on my mind ever since.
    I have not been pulled over in around 10 years, even that was only a seat belt violation in a company vehicle. I have also had zero police interaction.
    Anyway, I was absolutely in the wrong. I was running late to work (it was around 4:15 AM) traffic was backed up and I was using a center lane to get to a turn lane. Mind you I had been traveling in the center lane for a considerable amount of time before the turn lane started. So not the crime of the century, but I wouldn't contest the reason for the stop.
    So I pull into a bank parking lot, stop the car and get my license out. At that point I decided this could be considered rifling around in the car, so I put my hands out of the window while holding my license. (Not doing to bad so far.)
    The officer then asks for my registration. well my work beater is a real mess so I start pulling things out of the glove box, the first registration I found was from the previous owner so as I start to hand it to him I literally chuck it to the side and return to going through my glove box. I find my current registration and go to hand it to him, we must have both noticed the same thing as I did this because the next thing he sais to me is "why are you so nearvous?" I believe I replied with "huh" to which he sais "you are shaking like a leaf".
    This was true and I thought about it for a moment because at this point I am wondering the same thing.
    As I am thinking about it, it dawns on me that I have a S&W model 60 in the console. I think to myself that he's not gonna like this with the way I'm acting, I am however not a threatening person.
    Anywho, my reply was roughly as follows.
    "Well, I'm tired and running late for work, I am pulled over by the police which I am not used to, Windshields cracked and I do have a legal firearm in the console." He abruptly stops me and asks "do you have a license for that" and I reply with....... " yes sir I do, I mean I'm not like an evil doer or anything I swear, you can look me up".... this all only took a minute or 2.
    He sais hold on a minute and returned to his car presumably to look me up lol..
    He then comes back and tells me to basicly have a nice day and stay out of the center lane to which I assured him I would NEVER do that again.
    The officer was great! Very calm and polite. I on the other hand was a total freak show. If he had ripped me out of the car, secured my weapon and searched it like a boarder guard I don't think I could have blamed him.
    He never asked to see my LTCH or my gun and let me off with nothing more than a verbal warning.
    As I said, it was early and I had anxiety already due to running late for a fairly new job. I just hope I would compose myself better in the future. Had no real reason to be nervous, maybe watch a few to many YouTube videos..
    (Sorry for the long post, I'm just like that lol).
    Was surprised not to see the usual bashers chime in, but guessing the Mouse must have put them in a time out.

Glad you were able to make it out with out a hole in your wallet lol.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Last time I was pulled over was anticlimactic as well. Passed a car on a country road, didn't use my turn signals. On come the State Trooper lights. Hands at 10 and 2 window down. Was headed to the farm to work so had a 1911 on the seat under my hat.

Recognized the Trooper as a former student of my wife's in High School.
    Knew him from the gym.
    He is a Marine, I have Marine plates on the truck.
    Record clean, no stops in almost 20 years.

He came to my window and I told him right off about the handgun. Had to lean over it to get papers.

He said " You know what is going on, don't touch your gun and I won't touch mine. Use your turn signals, get out of here".

Sorry.

Don

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    Where I currently live, your vehicle is the same as your home. You can have all the guns you want, and passengers can be consuming alcohol. I was visiting in IN over the winter, and got pulled over for having my phone in my hand (maps). Well, I should have just kept silent the entire time, but it was the holidays, and I wasn't trying to be obnoxious to the officer, so I answered his questions and found myself standing on the side of the road, with my AR pistol in the patrol car. It was a sheriff's deputy, so he let me me off with a promise of separation of ammo and firearm, and informed me I could go to jail in IN for this type of thing without a carry permit. I informed him that TN treats your vehicle as your domicile, etc. He was, overall, fairly cool about the whole thing, but I'm very pleased IN will have Constitutional Carry shortly after I finalize the move.

Feel free to criticize me for not knowing IN laws so well at the time, but I'm a firm believer in *SHALL NOT*.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You forgot to say, I Don't Answer Questions over and over.

I've heard they recognize they're talking to a pro and immediately leave you alone.
    I’ve always found a stern, but polite “don’t taze me bro” as the officer approaches my vehicle works quite well. It lets them know that this ain’t your first rodeo, I think they respect that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My advice....and this is advice.

Be cool.
    4994df9ac90e4afae4807bdd1489212a125bfb2053c837c9fd702727ceea635e.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I always hand out my pink card along with my drivers license. Seems to solve most issues and icing on the cake is that it seems to turn minor speeding tickets into warnings. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Funny story my son just told me...was down around maybe the Bloomington area doing a job. They got bushes and shrubs on every corner of the town he was in, so you can't see traffic...great. He looks and looks and slowly inches out then its clear and he goes. Here come a cop and he knows the cop is speeding! Cop has to get on the brakes and my son has to take off.....gets pulled over. Cop is furious with him and going off. My son stays calm and just hears the officers anger and says sorry I can't see and kept inching out and kept looking again and again....never mentions or asks why the cop was speeding. Cop is still furious and takes his info back to his squad car. My son getting a ticket for sure.....cop comes back up and gives him his info and is the nicest guy! Talks to him a bit and no ticket no nothing, a complete different person! My son asked me whats up with that? I said it could be he saw you got your lifetime permit and he is a gun guy lucky for you..lol. He has never got a ticket or any recored....then we thought what all would come up on my son? I said maybe it came up you held that fugitive at gunpoint until police showed up to cuff him. Maybe that came up and.....if so...I told him he may never get a ticket.....LOL. I have no clue if thats on there or not when they run his name or not. But for some reason that cop did a 360 on him.

I had a similar situation when I was moving from my apartment to my new house in Minnesota back in the aughts. I had my car packed with :poop: and couldn't see well and pulled out right in front of a police car. The lady officer screamed at me for a good 15 minutes before writing me a very expensive ticket. Totally my fault and I was happy she was able to swerve to avoid my car and make it just a ticket instead of an accident.

I did have a police officer pull me over for speeding about 5 years ago. First thing he asked is if I knew why he pulled me over and the second thing he asked was if there were any weapons in the vehicle. My wife and I both answered we were carrying and he said don't touch yours and I won't have to touch mine.

I figure if the officer doesn't ask to not volunteer, but if asked to answer honestly.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    So no cell phone video of the cop with the window just down about an inch, while you were yelling "am I being detained?" over and over? Wow, I think I speak for everyone when I say I am a bit disappointed. Do you even believe in the first amendment?
    Very insightful sir!
    It's obviously a case of ongoing harassment. This officer should be held accountable for the flagrant violation of a peace-loving citizens rights. This type of authoritarian action will never be held in check unless we all band together and shine a light on it.
    Where are we living... 1930's Germany?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I was pulled over for speeding in KY about 20 years ago, had a trunk full of rifles as I was returning home from a buddy's place in TN where we were shooting. Officer asks if I have any weapons in the vehicle and I said "Yes" and before I knew it I was being held at gunpoint and being yelled at.

Once I gave a list of what I had and where it was, he holstered his weapon and says "Neato, I'm kind of a gun nut myself"

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. Driving a minivan with wife and kids. The kid wearing the badge approaches my car with hand on holstered gun. But he wouldn't come all the way to my window. He stood like 2 or 3 feet behind my window and seemed jittery to me. First words out of his mouth, "Do you have any guns or drugs in the vehicle?" Frankly, between his behavior and the question, I'm feeling a bit nervous. "Did you pull me over just to ask that?" He says, "No. I pulled you over to give you a speeding ticket. Please produce your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance." So I hand the dickhead the requested documents, but I have to practically hang out of my window to give it to him since he would not approach. He writes the ticket (6mph over supposedly) and I leave. I don't know if he was new to wearing a badge or just what his issue was. Walkerton Indiana. It was on a national register of known speed traps before us31 was reconfigured. I hope they spent my $150 wisely because I will NEVER drive through that ******** town again. Six over my ass.
    Hey! That's my ****ing town!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They pull everybody over in Walkerton it seems, but I have somehow avoided it.

Top Bottom