• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    Great time to sell. Take advantage of the stupid newbie buyers that don't do any research or due diligence. Throw those things on Gunbroker auctions and watch the "more money than brains machine" come alive, you'll come out the other end happier than a puppy with two peters.

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Gunbroker will give you real time pricing in the current market. It gives you what people are willing to pay, not just a book value.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have heard others refer to the completed auctions on GB.
    I've just been searching on the Gunbroker sight & can't find the completed auctions.
    What are the steps to click on that leads there?

I've clicked on everything & done a search for completed auctions but have somehow missed it.
    What am I doing wrong?
    You have to set up an account on GB to be able to see the completed auctions. IIRC they ask for a credit card number and they will put through a nominal charge ($1 I think), but they don't need to store that info on their site.

Once you do that, you would click on the Advanced link.

1617537331190.png

That will take you to this page, where you select the Completed Items tab:

1617537450912.png

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I have heard others refer to the completed auctions on GB.
    I've just been searching on the Gunbroker sight & can't find the completed auctions.
    What are the steps to click on that leads there?

I've clicked on everything & done a search for completed auctions but have somehow missed it.
    What am I doing wrong?
    First, you must be logged into your GB account. The click on the "Advanced" button next to the search bar ...

GB - advanced search.JPG

After that, be sure to click on the "Completed Items" tab to search for completed auctions ...

GB - completed tab.JPG

Enjoy!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Gunbroker is useful for showing you what things are selling for on Gunbroker. If you try to take some of the crazy prices you see on Gunbroker and put those on INGO stuff will likely sit, it's a tradeoff between hassle and convenience.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    First, you must be logged into your GB account. The click on the "Advanced" button next to the search bar ...

View attachment 133965

After that, be sure to click on the "Completed Items" tab to search for completed auctions ...

View attachment 133966

Enjoy!
    Thanks! :thumbsup:
    I remember being on the Advanced Search, but somehow didn't stumble on what looks to be so obvious.
    I'll try that!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Gunbroker is useful for showing you what things are selling for on Gunbroker. If you try to take some of the crazy prices you see on Gunbroker and put those on INGO stuff will likely sit, it's a tradeoff between hassle and convenience.
    Believe me, I'm well aware.
    I have bought 2 things on GunBroker in the past years (never sold b/c I do that here mostly), & I have bought or sold nearly every week here on INGO (in the past).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

View attachment 133965

View attachment 133966

Enjoy!
    3rd edit & Follow up.
    I am there now & I typed in an EAA Windicator .357.

Update again (but still not see any "Sold" ones).

Note: I finally realized that after you clicked on a particular gun,
    it would have SOLD in the corner diagonally or ENDED.
    Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not a Gunbroker participant, nor am I a trading wizard.

I trade on INGO only, so that I have at very least a slight understanding of who I'm dealing with.

Feedback scoring and post history is a great tool to mostly take you out of the wild wild west stories you hear about GB, armslist, CL and others.

Failed meets, unwanted negotiation at the trade sight, and counterfeit bills are just some of the things I want nothing to do with. That doesn't even get into outright crimes, like theft, robbery, etc, that are rare, but do happen.

:twocents:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    "The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" can give you some ideas. Currently S&W revolver values have risen like a lot of other guns, so the prices in the book, might be low.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I trade on INGO only, so that I have at very least a slight understanding of who I'm dealing with.

Feedback scoring and post history is a great tool to mostly take you out of the wild wild west stories you hear about GB, armslist, CL and others.

Failed meets, unwanted negotiation at the trade sight, and counterfeit bills are just some of the things I want nothing to do with. That doesn't even get into outright crimes, like theft, robbery, etc, that are rare, but do happen.

Your point is well made.
    I have much security in dealing with people here on INGO where you can look up their history & be comfortable with them that they are "good folks." :ingo:
    I have had the things happen to me that you mentioned when meeting to sell/buy, but not with anyone on INGO.

I do remember the 1st time I saw the new fancy $100 bills & wondered it they were real, but I realized that it wasn't a good fake of the old $100 bills since they stood out like a sore thumb, so they must be the new generation of the $100 bill. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Well, to be fair, GB has a feedback and "rating" system, so you can at least get a feel for whether someone is legit or not. Armslist and Craigslist - I agree, and I stay away from them. I know some folks use them and haven't had problems, but between GB and here, I have enough places to spend money! :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, to be fair, GB has a feedback and "rating" system, so you can at least get a feel for whether someone is legit or not. Armslist and Craigslist - I agree, and I stay away from them. I know some folks use them and haven't had problems, but between GB and here, I have enough places to spend money! :):
    I'm not a participant, so I wouldn't know. Wouldn't know whether their system is gameable with the right knowledge or tricks?

I do know INGO has a discussion forum though that can be searched by member. Besides the obvious flags for suspicious people, character judgements can be made.

I've heard of a handful of complaints about other INGOers over the years but they are few and isolated. Typically complaints are about newbies, not familiar with INGO. Maybe newbies who only know Gunbroker?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not a participant, so I wouldn't know. Wouldn't know whether their system is gameable with the right knowledge or tricks?

I do know INGO has a discussion forum though that can be searched by member. Besides the obvious flags for suspicious people, character judgements can be made.

I've heard of a handful of complaints about other INGOers over the years but they are few and isolated. Typically complaints are about newbies, not familiar with INGO. Maybe newbies who only know Gunbroker?
    Here's an example. You can see their overall rating, plus the number of transactions they've had here (and if they're an actual FFL as opposed to an individual private seller, they'll have that FFL shield):

1617567430756.png

Then if you click on that A+(2559) link, you can read the actual feedbacks:

1617567481397.png

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    GunBroker has gotten way more sophisticated in catching fraudulent listings.

I have a hole in my collection for a Victory Model in 38 S&W w/ lend lease proofs? and interested in any in that caliber.

Top Bottom