• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    These are pretty much the same charges that they have been prosecuting some of the J6 rioters with who have already been convicted. I believe the head of the oath keepers received 18yrs.

"The 45-page indictment contained four charges: conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding, and conspiracy against rights."

Trump and his supporters like to claim that any attempts to hold him accountable are purely political in nature.

Using the same charges against Trump that sent hundreds of his supporters to prison for the Jan 6 coup attempt neatly refutes those claims.

From the average redhat all the way up to the MAGA Messiah Himself, these are criminals being held accountable for their crimes, not subjects of a political witch hunt.

Screw the process crimes…this is what I have been waiting for.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Attempts to suggest these indictments are anything except political, and attempts praising these as a new standard of law enforcement where all people are held accountable are farcical blabbering.
    Aside from the classified documents, for which Hillary was famously not prosecuted, the indictments are baseless and transparent political persecutions. Those cheering this sort of theater on either have no idea what's coming, or think they can be future party members a la 1984.

If Trump winds up being convicted, the country as we know it is doomed. It may already be.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Trump and his supporters like to claim that any attempts to hold him accountable are purely political in nature.

Using the same charges against Trump that sent hundreds of his supporters to prison for the Jan 6 coup attempt neatly refutes those claims.

From the average redhat all the way up to the MAGA Messiah Himself, these are criminals being held accountable for their crimes, not subjects of a political witch hunt.

Screw the process crimes? I think he is probably going to do time for the "process crimes"

The latest is a political nothing burger. It reads like a chaotic exercise by Trump of the 1st and 14th amendments. They are trying to prosecute a person criminally for attempting to file a lawsuit.

Jack Smith diminished and disqualified himself with these charges. He had Trump...and decides to drink the weaponized DOJ Kool-Aid.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The laptop pretty much proved that the second impeachment was ********. Trump had every right to push Ukraine for information about potential corruption.
    Yeah, but the facts in these matters dribble out over months or years and are grudgingly acknowledged on page 42 if at all. Meanwhile the attention span of a large portion of the electorate is measured in minutes

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Now do Antifa. The federal charges against rioters, looters, violent antagonists, were dropped once Biden took office. See, that's the problem. It looks to me line asymmetrical prosecution.

And. Did the so-called "insurrectionists" actually commit crimes? Those that went to trial went to trial in DC where the jury pool would definitely not be of their peers. Reportedly, those that plead guilty were also intimidated by law enforcement. Can't always believe biased reports. But given the asymmetrical prosecution it makes it quite plausible.

Last edited:

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington

You sir are a fricking joke. The new charges are Orwellian thought crime ********. Clearly protected speech but hey progressives like yourself hate the constitution and rule of law until you can weaponize it against those you don’t agree with Lots of other thoughts on the matter but I’ll refrain from stating them because I do enjoy this community.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    You sir are a fricking joke.
    No, jokes are funny. This guy isn't funny, he's ignorant. It's ok to hate Trump. It's not ok to accept the DOJ using its full resources to eliminate a political rival. I Kut and pasted the definition for ignorant.

ignorant​

adjective

ig·no·rant ˈig-n(ə-)rənt

Synonyms of ignorant
    a
    : destitute of knowledge or education
    an ignorant society

also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified
    parents ignorant of modern mathematics

b
    : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence
    ignorant errors

: UNAWARE, UNINFORMED

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had the displeasure of trying to have a conversation with a gen z liberal. They compared Jan 6th to their generations 9/11. I was baffled at how confidently they thought the two were in anyway similar.

If they only get their perceptions from left wing social media what other conclusion could they draw? YouTube and TickTock serving up vidios making ridiculous claims about what happened. There was only one person who was killed on J6. And that was a Trumper. But I had a conversation with someone who claimed there were dozens of cops killed on J6 by Trumpers! That the "insurgants" were armed. That they took over the Capital? WTF? That's nonsense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If they only get their perceptions from left wing social media and the DOJ and the J6 committee what other conclusion could they draw? YouTube and TickTock serving up vidios making ridiculous claims about what happened. There was only one person who was killed on J6. And that was a Trumper. But I had a conversation with someone who claimed there were dozens of cops killed on J6 by Trumpers! That the "insurgants" were armed. That they took over the Capital? WTF? That's nonsense.
    FIFY...

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Now do Antifa. The federal charges against rioters, looters, violent antagonists, were dropped once Biden took office. See, that's the problem. It looks to me line asymmetrical prosecution.

And. Did the so-called "insurrectionists" actually commit crimes? Those that went to trial went to trial in DC where the jury pool would definitely not be of their peers. Reportedly, those that plead guilty were also intimidated by law enforcement. Can't always believe biased reports. But given the asymmetrical prosecution it makes it quite plausible.

Do antifa now? Sure. **** the lot of them.

I won’t shed a single tear for the losers and punks that burned down their own home towns in protest of “systematc…like, uh, oppression or something”.

I would need to see a reference in order to comment on the federal charges against rioters being dropped after Biden took office, I have no familiarity with those claims.

My position is simple: where charges are appropriate, charges should be filed. In public. None of this NDA back room ****.

As far as whether or not the insurrectionists actually committed crimes…

According to a google search, over 550 defendants have pled guilty to criminal charges related to their behavior on Jan 6…some 140 were felonies.

The government thinks they committed crimes, and the insurrectionists agree that they committed the crimes the government accused them of…no jury pool (tainted or otherwise) involved at all.

I think it’s reasonable to take the position that (at least some of) the insurrectionists committed crimes In Jan 6.

And without guns! Imagine invading the Capitol to take it over without weapons.

I want to make it clear I am making this point snark-free:

Why do you think there were no guns on Jan 6th?

There have been several high-profile convictions of MAGA enthusiasts on gun crimes related to the events on Jan 6…including a man from Indiana who is currently serving 5 years in prison for bringing guns into the capitol that day:

I am not trying to paint Jan 6th as an armed civilian insurrection, but…there is really no denying that at least a few of the Jan 6th insurrectionists were armed civilians.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do antifa now? Sure. **** the lot of them.

I won’t shed a single tear for the losers and punks that burned down their own home towns in protest of “systematc…like, uh, oppression or something”.

I would need to see a reference in order to comment on the federal charges against rioters being dropped after Biden took office, I have no familiarity with those claims.

My position is simple: where charges are appropriate, charges should be filed. In public. None of this NDA back room ****.

As far as whether or not the insurrectionists actually committed crimes…

According to a google search, over 550 defendants have pled guilty to criminal charges related to their behavior on Jan 6…some 140 were felonies.

The government thinks they committed crimes, and the insurrectionists agree that they committed the crimes the government accused them of…no jury pool (tainted or otherwise) involved at all.

I think it’s reasonable to take the position that (at least some of) the insurrectionists committed crimes In Jan 6.

I want to make it clear I am making this point snark-free:

Why do you think there were no guns on Jan 6th?

There have been several high-profile convictions of MAGA enthusiasts on gun crimes related to the events on Jan 6…including a man from Indiana who is currently serving 5 years in prison for bringing guns into the capitol that day:

I am not trying to paint Jan 6th as an armed civilian insurrection, but…there is really no denying that at least a few of the Jan 6th insurrectionists were armed civilians.
    Calling it an "insurrection" is hyperbole to the max. If that's "insurrection", then what do you call setting government buildings on fire with people inside (as happened during the "summer of love" with BLM? Oh yeah... those are called "mostly peaceful protests." :rolleyes:

Top Bottom