• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    You sir are a fricking joke. The new charges are Orwellian thought crime ********. Clearly protected speech but hey progressives like yourself hate the constitution and rule of law until you can weaponize it against those you don’t agree with Lots of other thoughts on the matter but I’ll refrain from stating them because I do enjoy this community.
    No, jokes are funny. This guy isn't funny, he's ignorant. It's ok to hate Trump. It's not ok to accept the DOJ using its full resources to eliminate a political rival. I Kut and pasted the definition for ignorant.

ignorant​

adjective

ig·no·rant ˈig-n(ə-)rənt

Synonyms of ignorant
    a
    : destitute of knowledge or education
    an ignorant society

also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified
    parents ignorant of modern mathematics

b
    : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence
    ignorant errors

: UNAWARE, UNINFORMED

Lol, I must have struck a nerve.

When you aren’t equipped to attack your opponent’s argument I guess you just have to attack your opponent‘s character.

Its okay, I’ll be here when you grow up enough to decide you‘d rather have a productive conversation than a pointless altercation.

Bless your heart.

Last edited:

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Lol, I must have struck a nerve.

When you aren’t equipped to attack your opponent’s argument I guess you just have to attack your opponent‘s character.

Its okay, I’ll be here when you grow up enough to decide you‘d rather have a productive conversation than a pointless altercation.

Bless your heart.
    Right back at you twinkle toes

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So taking a plea deal with the govt that has you by the balls, the media aroubd its fingers and complete control of the narrative is believing they were insurrectionists? I mean I’ve seen you reach before but the mental gymnastics required to believe that line of horse **** is … well I didn’t think it was actually possible.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Calling it an "insurrection" is hyperbole to the max. If that's "insurrection", then what do you call setting government buildings on fire with people inside (as happened during the "summer of love" with BLM? Oh yeah... those are called "mostly peaceful protests." :rolleyes:

Calling the the events of Jan 6 an attempted insurrection is maximum hyperbole?

Okay. What would be a more appropriate term for the events of that day?

What do you call it when an angry crowd of people physically attempt to stop congress from seating the next president?

If the angry group is spontaneous and organic in nature then terms like rebellion or insurgency might fit, but insurrection really does fit better In context.

If, on the other hand, the angry group was an artificially organized attempt by some element of political leadership to keep the next president from taking office, I’d say Coup d’etat would be more appropriate.

I’m being generous when I use the term attempted insurrection. I view Jan 6th as a coup attempt, full stop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What do you call it when an angry crowd of people physically attempt to stop congress from seating the next president?
    When did that happen? Certainly not on Jan. 6. Were any congress members assaulted? How were they physically accosted?

I would call it a protest during which a handful of people got out of line. Certainly closer to a "peaceful protest" than anything we saw during the "summer of love".
    If, on the other hand, the angry group was an artificially organized attempt by some element of political leadership to keep the next president from taking office, I’d say Coup d’etat would be more appropriate.
    You need to work on your definitions. A Coup d'etat would've involved the military. So again, more hyperbole.

I’m being generous when I use the term attempted insurrection. I view Jan 6th as a coup attempt, full stop.
    You have an ill-informed view. What's going on now is Banana Republic stuff. You know, those places where coup d'etats actually take place? That's where they attempt to imprison their political rivals. That is what is going on here. If you can't see that, then you're willfully blind.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    When did that happen? Certainly not on Jan. 6. Were any congress members assaulted? How were they physically accosted?

Good grief…you want to accuse me of willful ignorance?

Kettle…meet pot.

I would call it a protest during which a handful of people got out of line. Certainly closer to a "peaceful protest" than anything we saw during the "summer of love".

The cognitive dissonance required to arrive at this conclusion is staggering.

Its almost like rioting inside the US Capitol while a joint session of congress is seated is a greater threat to the public interest than rioting at a shopping mall.

You need to work on your definitions. A Coup d'etat would've involved the military. So again, more hyperbole.

Google is your friend.

A military coup is a type of coup d’etat, it is in no way requisite.

You have an ill-informed view. What's going on now is Banana Republic stuff. You know, those places where coup d'etats actually take place? That's where they attempt to imprison their political rivals. That is what is going on here. If you can't see that, then you're willfully blind.

You keep on digging there, buddy…maybe at some point you’ll get under my skin as far as I have apparently gotten under yours.

Until then…

Trump and his followers attempted to keep the next president from being seated by force, and they are being held accountable for the crimes they committed…that’s what’s going on here.

I’m not going to call you names for not seeing it, though, that’s childish.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington

If the angry group is spontaneous and organic in nature then terms like rebellion or insurgency might fit, but insurrection really does fit better In context.

Tell us again how many capital police officers and congress critters were killed or maimed as a result of that riot? I’ll wait patiently for your answer. Oh that’s right zero!!!!!! So much for the violent assault ********. Progressives have very short memories. Does anyone remember when violent leftists detonated a frickin bomb in the capitol building. Oh clutch your pearls!!! This insurrection was the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor!!!!!! Leftist snowflakes are intellectually dishonest twits at best. As far as interrupting an official proceeding? Not sure how official it actually was though with Secretaries of State illegally changing voting laws outside of their authority.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Tell us again how many capital police officers and congress critters were killed or maimed as a result of that riot?
    Zero
    I’ll wait patiently for your answer.
    You don’t have to, I already answered.
    Oh that’s right zero!!!!!!
    Yeah, that’s what I said.
    So much for the violent assault ********.
    Wait a minute…now you’re moving the goalposts.

You didn’t ask how many people were violently assaulted, you asked how many were maimed or killed…there is a huge difference.

It’s undeniable that capitol police were violently assaulted…it happened on live television.

Progressives have very short memories. Does anyone remember when violent leftists detonated a frickin bomb in the capitol building. Oh clutch your pearls!!! This insurrection was the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor!!!!!!
    Whew…that was a roller coaster. I’m glad I never said any of those things.
    Leftist snowflakes are intellectually dishonest twits at best.
    This from a paragon of intellectual curiosity, no doubt.
    As far as interrupting an official proceeding? Not sure how official it actually was though with Secretaries of State illegally changing voting laws outside of their authority.

You aren‘t sure if a joint session of congress is an official proceeding under US law?

I think we might be narrowing in on the underlying issue here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do antifa now? Sure. **** the lot of them.

I won’t shed a single tear for the losers and punks that burned down their own home towns in protest of “systematc…like, uh, oppression or something”.

I would need to see a reference in order to comment on the federal charges against rioters being dropped after Biden took office, I have no familiarity with those claims.
    Isn't that just a convenient way to ignore it? Back in 2020 during the george floyd riots, federal property was dammaged. Bar aggressively investigated and prosecuted the perpetrators. After Biden took office the DoJ dropped the cases. There were plenty of articles posted here.

My position is simple: where charges are appropriate, charges should be filed. In public. None of this NDA back room ****.
    I'd add a little more complexity to that. Charges where charges are appropriate, and, prosecute everyone equally under the law. That's not happening. Saying you don't like the NDA's is a cop out. It's like throwing your hands up, well, whatdyagonna do? and then going back to caring about prosecuting the one you actually care about.

As far as whether or not the insurrectionists actually committed crimes…
    Would be nice to have a legal definition of insurrection.

1691030084447.png

The law doesn't define it. It just refers to it.

insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects; also, any act of engaging in such a revolt. An insurrection may facilitate or bring about a revolution, which is a radical change in the form of government or political system of a state, and it may be initiated or provoked by an act of sedition, which is an incitement to revolt or rebellion.

I think a few of the people who entered the capital could reasonably be charged with insurrection. But to say that J6 was entirely an insurrection is indeed hyperbole.

This was a protest that turned into a riot. Some people entered the building. Some were invited in by Capitol Police! Most of the people who entered the Capitol though acted more like tourists than insurrectionists.

According to a google search, over 550 defendants have pled guilty to criminal charges related to their behavior on Jan 6…some 140 were felonies.

Some of those people plead guilty because they were intimidated and threatened that they'd be charged with felonies if they didn't plea, when what they actually did was trespassing at most. Some were also charged with assault. Typical riot stuff. Most of the violence happened outside.

The government thinks they committed crimes, and the insurrectionists agree that they committed the crimes the government accused them of…no jury pool (tainted or otherwise) involved at all.

I think this is unreasonably dismissive. Did you not get the part about a different set of rules for one side and a different set of rules for the other? How hard did the media, the DoJ, and Democrats go after the George Floyd Rioters who breached the White House grounds, destroyed property, set fires, and violently assaulted secret service officers? On White House grounds? Does that not fit your definition of an insurrection? And are you asserting that DC jurors would not be much more likely to convict than, say, Indiana jurors?

I think it’s reasonable to take the position that (at least some of) the insurrectionists committed crimes In Jan 6.
    I mean, look at the language you're using. You keep calling them insurrectionists while separating out the possibility that some insurrectionists didn't commit a crime? I mean, read that again and tell me that sounds like it's made in good faith.

I want to make it clear I am making this point snark-free:

Why do you think there were no guns on Jan 6th?

There have been several high-profile convictions of MAGA enthusiasts on gun crimes related to the events on Jan 6…including a man from Indiana who is currently serving 5 years in prison for bringing guns into the capitol that day:

I know many firearms were confiscated. There was some discussion here recently about that even. What I'm addressing was that it was not an armed insurrection, even though some people got caught with weapons on Capitol grounds. Those people should be charged and were.

I am not trying to paint Jan 6th as an armed civilian insurrection, but…there is really no denying that at least a few of the Jan 6th insurrectionists were armed civilians.

Let me just say this again, since you like to say that so often. It's hyperbolic to say the whole protest was an insurrection, which you seem to be doing. For a large majority of the people who participated on J6, they were just there to protest the election. Some people were there for for years nefarious purposes. I think as a whole, when you watch all the available video it's more accurate to call what happened a riot. And for a few it's probably fair to say they were insurrectionists. They intended to use violence to prevent the certification of electors.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Riot. While looking some stuff up on this subject, I actually came across an article in NPR where they referred to it as a riot. I was like, NPR? :faint:

Heck, I'd just assumed they'd be insurrection hyperbolists.

I mean. There were hundreds of thousands of angry people there to protest the the certification of electors because they believed Democrats cheated. Right or wrong it's their right to protest. Only relatively few were actually violent. Those who entered the Capitol building with the intent to use violence to stop it were few. For the actions of a few you're pinning it on the whole angry crowd.

No it doesn't. Only for a few. This crowd was not at all organized. Even the people who breached the Capitol did not act like insurrectionist. Surely you saw the photos of them staying in within the ropeways. Gawking at the Capitol like tourists. I think the only way you see this as the whole lot being insurrectionists is if you cherry pick some scenes while ignoring others.

Coup d'etat is absurdly hyperbolic. I think you're showing yourself here.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's interesting that Lefty Gunner should be so stuck on the idea that Jan 6th was an "insurrection" because there was violence in the Capitol building, but, apparently he doesn't think the same sort of violence committed during Trump's Inauguration was worthy of the term "insurrection." Or, perhaps I missed something here.

I also find it interesting that the purported presence of government agents - specifically FBI, and military - which has been documented elsewhere doesn't impact Lefty Gunner's thinking. Is it an "insurrection" when the government aids and encourages it?

Also, as we're seeing in some recent SCOTUS cases, the very concept of government colluding to deprive citizens of their Constitutional Right to free speech is being repudiated at the same time it is being documented. I think it can be reasonably argued that the limited violence of Jan 6th doesn't hold a candle to the violence that was committed during the so-called "Summer of Love" AND during the Trump Inauguration. Yet neither of those were labeled "insurrections".

I don't need to call names to opine that Lefty Gunner is badly mistaken and his arguments are invalid, as far as I'm concerned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's interesting that Lefty Gunner should be so stuck on the idea that Jan 6th was an "insurrection" because there was violence in the Capitol building, but, apparently he doesn't think the same sort of violence committed during Trump's Inauguration was worthy of the term "insurrection." Or, perhaps I missed something here.

I also find it interesting that the purported presence of government agents - specifically FBI, and military - which has been documented elsewhere doesn't impact Lefty Gunner's thinking. Is it an "insurrection" when the government aids and encourages it?

Also, as we're seeing in some recent SCOTUS cases, the very concept of government colluding to deprive citizens of their Constitutional Right to free speech is being repudiated at the same time it is being documented. I think it can be reasonably argued that the limited violence of Jan 6th doesn't hold a candle to the violence that was committed during the so-called "Summer of Love" AND during the Trump Inauguration. Yet neither of those were labeled "insurrections".

I don't need to call names to opine that Lefty Gunner is badly mistaken and his arguments are invalid, as far as I'm concerned.
    Lets not forget May 29, 2020, when the insurrectionists breached the barricades at the White House, causing it to be locked down. Those insurrectionists violently assaulted secret service and riot police. Set fires. Did severe damage to federal property. What did Democrats say about that?

They said these protestors were justified.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Did you really have to drink ALL the Kool-Aid?

In answer to your question, yeah, I'd call it an insurrection...
    However, you thinking that's what what was going on that day... that's the absolutely insane part. Trust me when I say as angry as people were (and still are) those people involved that day were only attempting to demonstrate how broken the system, and how corrupt the left was.

There has NEVER been a "crowd of angry people" to ever seriously "attempt congress from seating the next president".

Even the REAL COUP that the left pulled off in installing a dementia patient as president of the United States... wasn't done by a "crowd of angry people". It was done sneaky like, with mail in ballots.

The Jan 6th ordeal was nothing more than a "mostly peaceful" demonstration... with some property damage sure, but with the only killing being done by capitol police against an unarmed female veteran. Not even any burning or looting.

In fact, I firmly believe that President Trump standing down and leaving the White House (knowing full well he had won) is what saved the nation from enduring an ACTUAL insurrection.

He had the firm support of millions. Had he decided to say. "Nope, I won. I'm staying in office." there would have been plenty of well trained and well armed support to back him up that would have risen from the populace. I believe he saved the nation from going through a bloody mess by standing down, and letting things sort themselves out.

Today, however, I can't say we're better any off after seeing what damage the left has done in the intervening years, and what they're trying to do to him to prevent him running again.

Top Bottom