• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Very nice Phylo! I had the the chance to handle one of the magpul stocks and it was actually very nice, much stiffer fore end than the bell and carlson I had in the past.

Quick question, what sling is that you're running on that and how do you like it?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Very nice Phylo! I had the the chance to handle one of the magpul stocks and it was actually very nice, much stiffer fore end than the bell and carlson I had in the past.

Quick question, what sling is that you're running on that and how do you like it?

It's a Magpul Gen2 MS3 that I've modified. It will be used mostly as a carry strap but I think I may be able to use it to sling up tight as well (I can't play with it too much at the moment due to shoulder surgery). It's set up so I can cinch it up tight to the side of the rifle when I'm not using it and if I pull the big buckle back toward the rear of the rifle it gives me the length I need to carry the rifle over my shoulder.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Nothing fancy....

Remington 700 308 VSSFMagpul Hunter stock
    Leupold Mk 4 LR/T 10x40 M3
    Badger 20 moa base & standard rings
    Blackhawk 6-9" bipod

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    JP Enterprise wanna be

attachment.php

So not quite finished but here she is, DPMS platform build. DPMS receivers and lower parts kit, CMC curved 3.5lb trigger, JP silent capture recoil system, Magpul PRS Originally FDE, Accupod , JP low mass carrier on the way with a 22” JP medium contour barrel w/ matched bolt, M.I. F.F. tube Syrac adjustable gas block , Troy claymore break, topped off with a Vortex 4-16x44 pst M.O.A. now sitting in a AAD mount 20moa w/ built in bubble level. Still in load development but showing great promise w/ 165gr sierra game kings . Thinking about having Allen do a Cerakote job. I will update the pic when she’s finished.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Broke out the spray paint to get rid of the shiny barrel this afternoon. Kind of tricky working with one hand but it turned out ok. Much less visible to the coyotes now and will be more so once I figure out what other colors I want to use and how I want to apply them.

5EF976F8-0006-45C2-9F63-36761A7B5696_zps8cewit00.jpg

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    I wanted to give an update to the 300 Win Mag I've been working on. The past few weeks I've been spending some time here and there doing load development. I finished that up today with this group. Now that that part is done, it's time to start taking her out to distance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Broke out the spray paint to get rid of the shiny barrel this afternoon. Kind of tricky working with one hand but it turned out ok. Much less visible to the coyotes now and will be more so once I figure out what other colors I want to use and how I want to apply them.

5EF976F8-0006-45C2-9F63-36761A7B5696_zps8cewit00.jpg

Aw Geeze Phylo.....I do so hate you right now.....:):

Top Bottom