• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is a retired gentleman at church. Great guy. Works hard on whatever task he takes on. Even though he is retired, he was bored and needed some extra cash so we hired him as our part time custodian. And he is AWESOME. An incredibly hard worker and a very gentle soul.

A couple days ago in the middle of the heat wave he decided to cut the grass at home. This is the same timeframe I told him and our other trustees to ignore our grass at church because it wasnt worth the risk due to the heat. We can cut it next week when the temps drop back to the 80s. No biggie.

So apparently he finished his lawn, then decided to mow the neighbor's.

And then he cut at least part of the next neighbor's.

He has never cut either neighbors' grass. Ever.

And then he drove off on the mower down the county road. Eventually the cops were called and he ultimately ended up in a medically induced coma because they couldn't calm him down any other way. And he didnt recognize family that came to the scene.

I'm hoping its a weird side effect of heat stroke that will go away on its own, but I fear its something worse. So your prayers are requested for Mr F.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I'm in agreement with you that Mr F recovers and there is a full restoration of anything that might have gone wrong.

Thank you for this cautionary tale. It fully sounds like something I'd do myself.
    When doing something like this, I always tell myself that IF something happens, I'll notice in time to correct it.
    It's good to be reminded that we have limitations, and that retirement doesn't exempt us from them.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There is a retired gentleman at church. Great guy. Works hard on whatever task he takes on. Even though he is retired, he was bored and needed some extra cash so we hired him as our part time custodian. And he is AWESOME. An incredibly hard worker and a very gentle soul.

A couple days ago in the middle of the heat wave he decided to cut the grass at home. This is the same timeframe I told him and our other trustees to ignore our grass at church because it wasnt worth the risk due to the heat. We can cut it next week when the temps drop back to the 80s. No biggie.

So apparently he finished his lawn, then decided to mow the neighbor's.

And then he cut at least part of the next neighbor's.

He has never cut either neighbors' grass. Ever.

And then he drove off on the mower down the county road. Eventually the cops were called and he ultimately ended up in a medically induced coma because they couldn't calm him down any other way. And he didnt recognize family that came to the scene.

I'm hoping its a weird side effect of heat stroke that will go away on its own, but I fear its something worse. So your prayers are requested for Mr F.
    Praying….

Top Bottom