• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yes. However, both gunfights and massacres will be eliminated when we eliminate the gun free zones. Active shooters only prey on the weak, they won't even attempt a run at anyone who might be able to defend themselves.

I sincerely hope you just forgot to make that comment purple. Gunfights and massacres might be MINIMIZED when we eliminate gun free zones. These school shootings are symptomatic of a sick culture and nothing we can do short of healing our culture will minimize those killings, but we will ALWAYS have crazies willing to kill others out of hate, or desire for fame, or just plain madness. What we CAN do by arming ourselves is to minimize the casualties when someone goes nuts with a gun, or a knife, or a hammer - or even an automobile, but don't let's fool ourselves by ever thinking we can eliminate such evils no matter what we do; that sort of thinking makes us no better than the anti-gunners who want to "solve" such violence with more laws and wishful thinking.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The proposed executive action aims to impose background checks on individuals who buy from dealers who sell a significant number of guns each year. The current federal statute dictates that those who are “engaged in the business” of dealing firearms need to obtain a federal license — and, therefore, conduct background checks — but exempts anyone “who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby....

So begs the question....how will they know?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There is no substance when you do things just for the sake of saying that you did something.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "There are ways to protect our children & protect our rights," says POTUS calling for new gun controls. "Don't pretend that there aren't."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes. However, both gunfights and massacres will be eliminated when we eliminate the gun free zones. Active shooters only prey on the weak, they won't even attempt a run at anyone who might be able to defend themselves.
    I sincerely hope you just forgot to make that comment purple. Gunfights and massacres might be MINIMIZED when we eliminate gun free zones. These school shootings are symptomatic of a sick culture and nothing we can do short of healing our culture will minimize those killings, but we will ALWAYS have crazies willing to kill others out of hate, or desire for fame, or just plain madness. What we CAN do by arming ourselves is to minimize the casualties when someone goes nuts with a gun, or a knife, or a hammer - or even an automobile, but don't let's fool ourselves by ever thinking we can eliminate such evils no matter what we do; that sort of thinking makes us no better than the anti-gunners who want to "solve" such violence with more laws and wishful thinking.

No purple.

I contend that these shooters are cowards, nothing more than walking suicides, waiting for the opportunity to go out "in a blaze of glory" in their feeble minds. Take away the sheep for them to shoot and the "active shooter" will go away, they'll go back to suicide before they risk the embarrassment of being bested by their marks.
    There might be an uptick in "death by cop" incidents, but heck, the cops getting a little more target practice never hurts. ;)

I challenge you to make it your life's work to get the gun free zones eliminated, then I'll wait for you to prove me wrong, (but you won't.)

Mr. Blackhawk2001, I'm sorry you don't agree with my opinion. I will say though that I am offended by your inference that my thinking has a similarity to that of anti-gunners. That was incorrect and unnecessary. :nono:

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    To the anti 2A liberals "common sense gun laws" are laws that lead to total disarmament of the American people. IMO anybody who doesn't recognize that is a fool.
    The constant push and shove for what they want regardless of law is all they really know. Self defense is built in naturally.:yesway: BA had a good post to!:cheers:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Those who wish to see guns banned and confiscated must realize by wanting this there will be millions of workers out of work and with the social programs we have pushed over the limit we can't afford anymore strain on an already dying middle class. Then again they could care less if people lose their jobs as its all for the children.
    Good post for the anti crowd. I doubt you'd get through the constant no ones home ring though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did you point out how many LEOs would be needed? And how they'd have to go door to door, cause they don't know where all the gun owners and weapons are. And how weapons would be moved anticipating those searches. And how searches would have to continue for years, on EVERYBODY.

I don't think forced disarmament would be all that difficult, or even forced. Where was the places that people were lining up to give away their rights? Sure there would be holdouts, but overall, I have no doubt they'd be successful. It would just be a waiting game.

If I was a dictator, I would grandfather all persons who had firearms for their lifetimes. If they registered them, they could keep them until their deaths. At their deaths, their firearms would go to the fatherland. If you didn't register them, and were caught, you be imprisoned for a year. On top of that, I'd offer a $1000 reward for those who "informed" on others that had unregistered weapons. The informants better have good info, or its 25 lashes. I think lots of "boating accident" firearms would probably turn up.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "There are ways to protect our children & protect our rights," says POTUS calling for new gun controls. "Don't pretend that there aren't."
    I would respond to this by saying:

"Don't pretend that by drumming up a bunch of feckless legislation or executing Executive Orders for political gain that have nothing whatsoever to do with a remedy, such as UBCs, and closing "gun show loopholes", you are accomplishing anything other then infringing on OUR rights for YOUR political gain"

"Lets be perfectly blunt mr. President. You, and others like you, have no interest in protecting OUR rights. YOUR ultimate goal is a total disarmament as evidenced by YOUR recent comments proclaiming accolades for the Australian and British disarmament campaigns"

"The problem is mr. President, the citizens of those countries were never Constitutionally guaranteed a RIGHT to keep and bear arms"

"Stop pretending mr. President"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Certainly "there are ways . . ." but YOU, Mr. President, won't implement any of the ideas that would work because they don't involve gun confiscation.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Brazil, Indiana, While the pupils of the Meridian Street School were at play, Ben Corbery drew a revolver and shot Cora Brubach, aged 10, seriously wounding her in the face. The girl had told the teacher of Ben's misconduct. April 24, 1890

Interesting read on history of school shootings…….seems they been going on for some time. And there should be no "gun free zones" for our children's safety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    No purple.

I contend that these shooters are cowards, nothing more than walking suicides, waiting for the opportunity to go out "in a blaze of glory" in their feeble minds. Take away the sheep for them to shoot and the "active shooter" will go away, they'll go back to suicide before they risk the embarrassment of being bested by their marks.
    There might be an uptick in "death by cop" incidents, but heck, the cops getting a little more target practice never hurts. ;)

I challenge you to make it your life's work to get the gun free zones eliminated, then I'll wait for you to prove me wrong, (but you won't.)

Mr. Blackhawk2001, I'm sorry you don't agree with my opinion. I will say though that I am offended by your inference that my thinking has a similarity to that of anti-gunners. That was incorrect and unnecessary. :nono:

Well I'm sorry you're offended (NOT!). As I said in my response to your post, ANYONE who thinks that doing away with "Gun Free Zones" will eliminate crazies and other murderers is engaging in the same sort of wishful thinking as the anti-gunners.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Whats Barry going to to do about this?

The Bath School disaster was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, that killed 38 elementary school children and six adults and injured at least 58 other people.[SUP][Note 1][/SUP]Kehoe killed his wife and firebombed his farm, then detonated a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder to take place at a school in United States history.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2]

[/SUP]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Top Bottom