Possibility of a Group Purchase of 5.56 Bulk Ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I didn't like them before all this. I will not buy from them unless they are substantially lower priced than other sources when things get better.

Hang in there. keep looking. We may have to wait awhile until the ammo companies can fill the pipeline back up.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    RGUNS has an ammo warning posted on their site, I don't know how recent it is tho

DEFECTIVE AMMUNITION WARNING

It has come to our attention that the Federal/Lake City (LC) XM193 ammunition currently available on the commercial market is displaying severe quality control issues. There have been numerous cases of overpressure and primer issues. The overpressure is severe enough to cause gas ring blow outs and extraction difficulties. Primers have been reported to fall out and jam lower receiver components.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    OK, Guys and Gals, I'm getting responses now. No prices yet, but several follow ups for more info. Also, Andrew (Aszerigan) is on board to help out after I do the legwork. Appears we need an FFL for delivery (I thought so) so he will be a big help.

MORE SOON, hope to have some figures and price points. (price breaks for certain volumes). I hope the prices are not that much higher, but prepare yourselves. I will give everyone the unvarnished info, straight from the source, and we can decide as a group. But the idea is best deal, Right?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    OK, Guys and Gals, I'm getting responses now. No prices yet, but several follow ups for more info. Also, Andrew (Aszerigan) is on board to help out after I do the legwork. Appears we need an FFL for delivery (I thought so) so he will be a big help.

MORE SOON, hope to have some figures and price points. (price breaks for certain volumes). I hope the prices are not that much higher, but prepare yourselves. I will give everyone the unvarnished info, straight from the source, and we can decide as a group. But the idea is best deal, Right?

Well not if the best deal is $500-600. I think we are looking for $300-350 range.

Something to think about, unless you already have it worked out; how is each person going to pay for the ammo they purchase?

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Of course, I want a $300 deal as well. I might go quite a bit higher, but no one is committed to anything until they put money down. As for that, I will ask Andy what he is up for. I know his reputation is much more known around here than mine, and he has offered to help (so far unspecified) but this would be up his alley. That and taking delivery. We will also need regional distribution people. I'm near Terre Haute, and am willing to handle that quadrant. Maybe more.

Nearly time for another thread, but I'll wait until I get some numbers and more responses. It will pick up substantially after New Years.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Of course, I want a $300 deal as well. I might go quite a bit higher, but no one is committed to anything until they put money down. As for that, I will ask Andy what he is up for. I know his reputation is much more known around here than mine, and he has offered to help (so far unspecified) but this would be up his alley. That and taking delivery. We will also need regional distribution people. I'm near Terre Haute, and am willing to handle that quadrant. Maybe more.

Nearly time for another thread, but I'll wait until I get some numbers and more responses. It will pick up substantially after New Years.

I live in Lafayette and work in Crawfordsville. I am willing to help with distribution in those areas.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    I'd be willing to handle South East Indiana for another place to "pick up". I live in Batesville.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I'm in northern Indiana and could help out if need be. I would be in for 1000 rounds possibly 2000 if you could get it at 400 or less.

linuxguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    I'd be interested, depending on price also. Also, any more interest in doing this for .308? I'd be in for that, as well.

Top Bottom