POLL: Should Profire Resume Parking Trailers Full of NFA Overnight in the Alley?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Profire Resume Parking Trailers Full of NFA Overnight in the Alley?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Fargo...what are you going to do besides jab Profire about this?

Seems to me that you are quite passionate about this security thing.

You should start a blog and offer free training to firearm store owners on how to properly store firearms so they won't get stolen. I'm sure us private owners could learn a thing or two from you as well.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Your poll is moot. BATFE will ultimately decide if Profire will continue storing things in the manner in which they've been stored in the past. Go lobby them instead of us.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sez the guy who publicly advocated for laying machineguns out on the lawn unattended? What a beautiful picture of gunowners to put out.

Yeah, cause the police have no clout with the legislature. Lets make sure we **** on them by leaving machineguns out for crooks to steal, so that they can then go try to recover a SAW from a criminal. The police have a legitimate beef here, we expect them to deal with the mess made by machineguns in criminal hands. Soft armor be damned.

If I was on IMPD out looking for these folks in my IIiA vest, I would be unbelievably ****ty with whoever left them out.

I know probably around 6 civie machingun owners.

Good try, but you still didn't explain how this makes ME look bad or how this does anything to limit our rights. The only thing you have done is post about your fears. Besides, I have not read where the police have a "beef" about this. Those whom I've communicated with have a different take on the situation. They actually blame the people who stole the trailer. Hmmmm... imagine that!

Walt G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hendricks co
    I'm sure Andrew has beat him self up enough over this and I bet he never leaves a trailer full of firearms and ammo setting out again. If he dose then the flogging should begain.

Last edited:

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Yeah, and this "poll question" illustrates why polls anymore are total nonsense.

For instance...

Should we starve women and infants who cannot feed themselves?

or

Should we end welfare and demand able bodied people support themselves and their families?

or maybe...

Should Fargo the troll get off his high horse about Profire and the security of their trailer?

or

Should Fargo the security expert school us all on how we should store our firearms?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Let what go? I honestly want to know if a substantial number of members here actually feel this way.

There has never been a "substantial number of members here" weigh in on anything. For all the hoopla about how many registered members INGO has, a small minority make all the noise! I see many of the polls as being posted by somebody simply attempting to validate their own opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There has never been a "substantial number of members here" weigh in on anything. For all the hoopla about how many registered members INGO has, a small minority make all the noise! I see many of the polls as being posted by somebody simply attempting to validate their own opinion.

There might possibly be 50 to 100 regular posting members in here. And yes, the regular crowd shuffles in.

Polls are for the reason you mention....getting opinions to prove/disprove a point.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, and this "poll question" illustrates why polls anymore are total nonsense.

For instance...

Should we starve women and infants who cannot feed themselves?

or

Should we end welfare and demand able bodied people support themselves and their families?

or maybe...

Should Fargo the troll get off his high horse about Profire and the security of their trailer?

or

Should Fargo the security expert school us all on how we should store our firearms?
    I'm LoLing so hard right now.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Is this poll kind of like the poll we heard about a year or so ago about whether we should or should not have background checks? Also, it seems like you are lumping everyone into the same pot...which ultimately you being a gun owner are in as well. I think the people who stole the guns, or any gun for that matter, are the problem. I do understand that everyone has to have some responsibility but where do you draw the line on it? Is a locked door to your garage good enough or does everything in your garage need to be locked down to? Instead of helping the situation you are just throwing gas on the fire.

Last edited:

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Interesting thread and I think it's one we should give some thought to instead of demeaning the person that started it. My thought is it was an unfortunate incident that none of us can undo but we should learn from it. We already know the "Left" want to blame the gun manufacturers and pardon the shooter. What if it's proven that one of those firearms were used in a heinous manner? Do you really think there would be no backlash? The anti-gun people would relish an opportunity to promote their agenda and gain more public support.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Grow up. It really does not matter what any of us think. **** happens, and nothing will change that. No matter the security measures, guns are still stollen. You obviously have a sick obsession, or have nothing else better to do.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I understand the point the OP is trying to make. Whether or not you all want to believe it, things like this start and/or fuel the fires in the large majority of people in this country who arent "gun nuts" to cause further impeachment of our rights. In the same way that you lead by example when teaching someone gun safety, doing your level best to prevent criminals from obtaining your firearms (NFA or not) will help us all in the long run.

I know some of you default to pro 2a mode at the drop of a hat, but sometimes that hard nosed attitude is actually counter-productive. Things like this could lead to rules regarding the safe-keeping of NFA items, perhaps they will be so over the top that it makes it nearly impossible to obtain the proper licensing... Which is an idea Im sure the anti's have.

These are all things we need to think about. In the same way you think, if you always practice the 4 rules, and go out of your way to correct others on the range, then your doing your part to stop the idiots who shoot themselves in the foot outside a gun show, and give us all a black eye, you should strive to do your level best to keep your guns from being easily obtained by criminals.

Also, it IS important that these were NFA items, because they are filled with the potential for all the catchy anti gun headlines the mainstream media loves. On top of that, they are an already controlled item, and not something all gun owners in America relate to personally. That makes it one of the weaker lines for the anti gunners to attack.

Everything you do has consequences. I cannot personally believe anyone would trust a padlock and a trailer door alone to protect something as valuable. I wonder if they didn't also think they had secrecy on their side, and felt comfortable enough with that. But someone on the inside was either behind this, or accidentally made mention of it to someone who was. While there are in fact very lucky criminals out there, I smell something funny...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I understand the point the OP is trying to make. Whether or not you all want to believe it, things like this start and/or fuel the fires in the large majority of people in this country who arent "gun nuts" to cause further impeachment of our rights. In the same way that you lead by example when teaching someone gun safety, doing your level best to prevent criminals from obtaining your firearms (NFA or not) will help us all in the long run.

I know some of you default to pro 2a mode at the drop of a hat, but sometimes that hard nosed attitude is actually counter-productive. Things like this could lead to rules regarding the safe-keeping of NFA items, perhaps they will be so over the top that it makes it nearly impossible to obtain the proper licensing... Which is an idea Im sure the anti's have.

These are all things we need to think about. In the same way you think, if you always practice the 4 rules, and go out of your way to correct others on the range, then your doing your part to stop the idiots who shoot themselves in the foot outside a gun show, and give us all a black eye, you should strive to do your level best to keep your guns from being easily obtained by criminals.

Also, it IS important that these were NFA items, because they are filled with the potential for all the catchy anti gun headlines the mainstream media loves. On top of that, they are an already controlled item, and not something all gun owners in America relate to personally. That makes it one of the weaker lines for the anti gunners to attack.

Everything you do has consequences. I cannot personally believe anyone would trust a padlock and a trailer door alone to protect something as valuable. I wonder if they didn't also think they had secrecy on their side, and felt comfortable enough with that. But someone on the inside was either behind this, or accidentally made mention of it to someone who was. While there are in fact very lucky criminals out there, I smell something funny...

So, does this apply to anyone that has had firearms stollen. You can take all the security measures, but if someone wants something, they will try and take it. Why would he do or say something that would cause something like this to happen. The chances of getting away clean are slim to none.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What I do not understand is the need to jump to conclusions and vilify or in the other direction blindly support the victim in this case. I liken posters like Fargo to the Ferguson protesters. Without all the facts, unless Fargo you are one of the people investigating this crime and you are privy to all this information, you really have no reasoning for your vilification of ProFire. Just as the Ferguson protesters made up their mind on the guilt of the police officer, you have already determined that it was ProFires fault that the firearms were stolen. Could they have possibly done something different to help prevent the crime? Possibly. But why don't we all wait for all the facts to come out and things to play out before we start blaming the victims of crime.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sez the guy who publicly advocated for laying machineguns out on the lawn unattended? What a beautiful picture of gunowners to put out.

Yeah, cause the police have no clout with the legislature. Lets make sure we **** on them by leaving machineguns out for crooks to steal, so that they can then go try to recover a SAW from a criminal. The police have a legitimate beef here, we expect them to deal with the mess made by machineguns in criminal hands. Soft armor be damned.

If I was on IMPD out looking for these folks in my IIiA vest, I would be unbelievably ****ty with whoever left them out.

I know probably around 6 civie machingun owners.

"Leaving machineguns out for crooks to steal" is a bit of an exaggeration, no? Way to blame the victim here, very sporting of you. Do you also blame an attractive woman for being a rape victim? The responsibility for this lies with those who stole from Andrew, not Profire.

Get over the NFA aspect of this crime. You're squawking about it a lot more than any of the LEO on here. And whatever you do, don't ever be the victim of a crime and expect any sympathy around here.

Top Bottom