• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The video appears to show that a plan was afoot to aggravate Keltner into taking action. And, that when Doloff tried to grab Keltner's pistol, Keltner backed up and sprayed at Doloff. And I'm thinking that as planned, Doloff then shot Keltner. So any how, that's how it looks to me. But as said above, for now (pending more info).

What video would that be?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Saw it on the news yesterday. They were talking about the sequence of events. The confrontation, what looks like the perp making a move for Keltner's gun, Keltner fending him off, Keltner retreating, then the shooting.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Saw it on the news yesterday. They were talking about the sequence of events. The confrontation, what looks like the perp making a move for Keltner's gun, Keltner fending him off, Keltner retreating, then the shooting.

you missing a few steps in that exchange?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I mean, it's an interesting theory. But, assuming the sights weren't off, they were aligned with where it hit. So what did he intend to hit, and did he hit it? He's saying that he thought the guy was pulling a gun. The guy he thought was pulling a gun got shot.

From what I see in the pictures, where the spent casing is in the air, and there is a cloud of pepper spray, the shooter did not have a sight picture, he doesn't even appear to be looking through the sights yet.

The distance from the cartridge to the gun isn't measurable in the still pictures, although to me it looks within a foot or two based on the size of the cartridge relative to the handgun. One could presumably measure this stuff if you knew the caliber of pistol. Then you could determine how soon after the gun was fired before that frame was taken.

I suppose it could be that the shooter had such a good grip on his gun that while the slide is still not fully forward from firing the pistol, he's already pushed down on it to counter the recoil, thus making it appear that the gun was not aimed below the shooters line of site when it was fired.

Or, Occams razor, he did not have his eyes aligned on the sights before firing.

In fact, the frame after the shot, looks like he has settled and is aiming through the sights.

It's a theory, just my take on it, all CONJECTURE, I could be wrong, I'm not married to it. If there's better video of the incident out there, I'd merrily revise my opinion. In the end, IT DON'T MATTER WHAT I THINK

We're talking 1/10ths of a second, and there are missing frames. Videos I've seen so far do not fill this period in.

Attachments

• RALLY_874_xxx.jpg
      RALLY_874_xxx.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 11

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From what I see in the pictures, where the spent casing is in the air, and there is a cloud of pepper spray, the shooter did not have a sight picture, he doesn't even appear to be looking through the sights yet.

The distance from the cartridge to the gun isn't measurable in the still pictures, although to me it looks within a foot or two based on the size of the cartridge relative to the handgun. One could presumably measure this stuff if you knew the caliber of pistol. Then you could determine how soon after the gun was fired before that frame was taken.

I suppose it could be that the shooter had such a good grip on his gun that while the slide is still not fully forward from firing the pistol, he's already pushed down on it to counter the recoil, thus making it appear that the gun was not aimed below the shooters line of site when it was fired.

In fact, the frame after the shot, looks like he has settled and is aiming through the sights.

It's a theory, just my take on it, all CONJECTURE, I could be wrong, I'm not married to it. If there's better video of the incident out there, I'd merrily revise my opinion. In the end, IT DON'T MATTER WHAT I THINK

We're talking 1/10ths of a second, and there are missing frames. Videos I've seen so far do not fill this period in.
    In that photo, it’s out of battery. The bullet has already left the gun at that point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I wouldn’t know, personally, but I’d have a hard time believing most defensive firearm uses from that distance the shooter relies on the sight. I’ve shot enough to know, that “point and shoot” would be my go to.... and have confidence that form and grip would ensure rounds on target.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

OK, what station? What time?

The video I last posted above shows the argument that was occurring with the agitator and Keltner. Something I just noticed in re-watching it was the Denver Post photographer getting close ups. Keltner notices the photographer and video being made, adjusts the neck gaiter, then says
    Keltner says "...cameras out. this is not a place for a camera"

someone says "f... you"

Keltner says "get the cameras out of here or I'm going to f--- you up."

someone says "don't f---ing touch me"

here is the last frame of the video.

last_second.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Argument, reach, slap, draw, near simultaneous spray/gunshot.

Oh yes, the “reach” inside the vest or for gun on hip. As for near simultaneous spray/gunshot, I not so sure. I’d assume (and it’s just an assumption) given the distance the spray traveled, if the vic had used a firearm, he would have easily beat the other guy to the draw.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wouldn’t know, personally, but I’d have a hard time believing most defensive firearm uses from that distance the shooter relies on the sight. I’ve shot enough to know, that “point and shoot” would be my go to.... and have confidence that form and grip would ensure rounds on target.

Yes, but... that would be me shooting center of mass, I would not attempt a head shot on my first round.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh yes, the “reach” inside the vest or for gun on hip. As for near simultaneous spray/gunshot, I not so sure. I’d assume (and it’s just an assumption) given the distance the spray traveled, if the vic had used a firearm, he would have easily beat the other guy to the draw.
    I’m still not sure about any firearm on the victim. Some people here are saying it but I have not seen that confirmed by police. As far as the reach, maybe he was trying to take a gun away. Maybe he was trying to grab the mace. It may just be the shooter getting hands on trying to stop the victim from getting too close to the producer.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

recoil.png

Your alignment lines are incorrect. The pistol is clearly in full recoil at the instant that this photo was taken, thus the upward cant. (Note the slide position and ejected casing) The resolution is not sufficient to see it, but the bullet has no doubt already entered the victim. This picture was taken way after sight picture/trigger pull, in terms of milliseconds. Your lines also do not account for the angle at which the picture was taken and the position of the shooter and victim in relation to the camera. The shooter is clearly closer to the camera than the victim. There is no way that you can determine whether the sights are aligned at the time of firing, because there is no image (that we've seen so far) that shows the exact instant of trigger pull, including this image.

Top Bottom