code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stop the drift!

Vote TRUMP 2020!

Yeah. Unfortunately. That seems to be the only solution at this point in time. Hopefully it works. Maybe in 4 years there can be a decent candidate that has the charisma and eloquence and decency to deal with our predicament.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see wich one fills up.

Someone that doesn't fight back tooth and nail will never be elected again.

You are looking for another George W. Bush. He really tried to get along and work across the aisle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see wich one fills up.

Someone that doesn't fight back tooth and nail will never be elected again.

You are looking for another George W. Bush. He really tried to get along and work across the aisle.

Uh, I did say with charisma and eloquence. I was thinking about someone with Reagan's political savvy.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    In Oregon the defender would have been arrested and charged with murder. There are some places that it’s just not practically legal to defend yourself.

Right. But we used to refer to those places as "Europe".

Years ago People would say, if you want to know what the US will be like in 20 years, look at Europe now.

I have been to Europe a couple of times recently and one thing that jumped out at me was how common it is to see the military patrolling the streets or guarding the tourist spots. I suppose that is where we are headed.

82VlkPX.jpg
    jkZzglo.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's violent, it's motivated by politics, so... this seems like the best place for this:

Feds say they thwarted militia plot to kidnap Whitmer

More than 12 people were arrested late Wednesday on state and federal charges.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, federal and state officers on Thursday detailed charges and what they described as "elaborate plans" to overthrow the government and kidnap Whitmer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wonder if too much alcohol was involved.

If not...morons!

This seems to be a serious plot, with planning. I hope a garage door opener and chain was part of the scheme.

Oh, apparently they were meeting in Dublin, OH... which isn't too far from Bug. ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I haven't seen Bug.

This would be treason, since the Governor is the CIC of the Militia.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's violent, it's motivated by politics, so... this seems like the best place for this:

Feds say they thwarted militia plot to kidnap Whitmer

Think about it for a minute. They were planning to hold a dictator accountable for their actions.
    This dictator was just found to have been directly and knowingly violating the constitution and suppressing rights. She lost her case with the court.
    She even continued to act against the ruling of the court after the verdict was delivered.

Meanwhile the system will not hold this dictator accountable, even when the court proved she was committing treason.

The final link in the chain to hold someone accountable is the people. If the state refuses to prosecute even when sufficient wrong doing was demonstrated by the court, then it's on the people to do it.

Feel free to explain how I'm wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Think about it for a minute. They were planning to hold a dictator accountable for their actions.
    This dictator was just found to have been directly and knowingly violating the constitution and suppressing rights. She lost her case with the court.
    She even continued to act against the ruling of the court after the verdict was delivered.

Meanwhile the system will not hold this dictator accountable, even when the court proved she was committing treason.

The final link in the chain to hold someone accountable is the people. If the state refuses to prosecute even when sufficient wrong doing was demonstrated by the court, then it's on the people to do it.

While I understand your position, the system is holding her accountable. She was given a set timeline to allow for another appeal. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they are turning, nonetheless.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I know it's an egregious abuse of power. We have checks and balances for that. Checks and balances don't always work, but usually they do. Let those work. Here.

It's not sane to do what that group did. This sounds a lot like this group is in an ideological bubble and they're kinda off the rails of reality right now. There's already evidence the checks and balances are in progress. The supreme court of Michigan has ruled that she's full of ****. She's just currently being a whiny ***** about it. The state's AG has already said they're not enforcing her orders. We'll see how accountable she is ultimately. She's up for reelection in a couple of years. Hopefully Michigan patriots have a long memory and large numbers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know it's an egregious abuse of power. We have checks and balances for that. Checks and balances don't always work, but usually they do. Let those work. Here.

It's not sane to do what that group did. This sounds a lot like this group is in an ideological bubble and they're kinda off the rails of reality right now. There's already evidence the checks and balances are in progress. The supreme court of Michigan has ruled that she's full of ****. She's just currently being a whiny ***** about it. The state's AG has already said they're not enforcing her orders. We'll see how accountable she is ultimately. She's up for reelection in a couple of years. Hopefully Michigan patriots have a long memory and large numbers.

Unless she serves prison time, there is no check and balance in play.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Unless she serves prison time, there is no check and balance in play.
    Is she avoiding prison time, or is there merely no custodial sentence for her current executive overreach? Jailing people for vaguely defined political crimes is not something that we should support.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is she avoiding prison time, or is there merely no custodial sentence for her current executive overreach? Jailing people for vaguely defined political crimes is not something that we should support.
    Impeachment would probably be the remedy. Sadly the political parties have little stomach for holding their own responsible for their actions.

Top Bottom