• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This topic is for ranting about some issue that may bother you, but you don't necessarily think it's part of a more focused "discussion." Also a great place to brainstorm for ideas to help us regain our ability to evercise our rights without fear of retribution arising from bad laws.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a little something that came from my keyboard in another topic here when someone mentioned the situation with the statehouse:

We can thank our illustrious governor, the tools he allows to run the Dept. of Administration and the ISP for losing our access to the statehouse and gov't centers. Prior to the administrative rules implemented just last year, there was no prohibition on carry there (except for the gallery of either the senate or the house). Now those of us who have made the choice to carry all the time can't visit our elected officials in their offices, attend meetings, or engage in any other legitimate, necessary business in the buildings on that campus. This policy clearly violates more than one article of the Indiana Constitution, both in letter and in principle.

The worst part is: THEY DON'T CARE. They don't care that they've violated the highest law of the state. They don't care how it affects us. They don't care that it makes zero people safer and puts a significant number of people at significantly greater risk. They don't care that it's all for show, since anyone with an ID card for the campus waltzes right past the metal detectors. They don't care that "special" people are exempt, whereas peons like us must bow and scrape. They don't care that there has never, ever been a problem with anyone who was carrying legally in those buildings. They don't care that people with a valid license to carry handgun are the most law-abiding demographic in existence.

They do not care. All they care about is 1) creating an illusion of enhanced safety for the sheep and other ignorant, non-thinking wastes of space; and 2) what their masters in Washington, DC have pressured them to do because they hold the purse strings to which the whores who run our state cling with a deathgrip.

DO NOT even think of saying anything like "just leave it in the car" or "why would you need to carry there anyway?" Those and similar statements and questions are moot and downright insulting to us individually and to our individual liberties.

Remember this when you praise "Mitch" for his wonderful works with our RKBA.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    From the :rockwoot::koolaid: dept.

barry wants to put off switching to HD because enough folks aren't ready.

Most of you all have heard about this, so I don't think a link is needed.

ahahahhahahaha the fund for the free sheeple boxes went broke and needs more.

My :twocents: is that traditional cable/dish/over the air stuff is a dead genre anyway. Hey it's cool. I hated the eight track tape. I was never more thrilled when the cassette came out.

However just like my dish signal IS ALREADY HD so is the damn internet. Of course the proper video card is required, but all I needed was a cable and :poof: I can rant on INGO at 3 am in all of my 52" plasma glory.

allUC

QuickSilverScreen - Watch Movies Online Free

Free Videos Online - Watch TV Online - Free Video Clips | Veoh Video Network

90% of the content in those links are with the proper consent of the holders of the copyrights so don't worry about piracy. Mostly.:D

History channel once did a deal on what has been the most influential discovery/invention for the development of man as a dominant species. The wheel, fire, indoor plumbing. Pie was a good discovery.

However, look at what has come from just the printing press and the spread of knowledge. Gutenberg gave us the first method of mass disseminating knowledge. In 50 thousand years of documented existence to roughly 6 thousand years of written existence. 500 years from mass knowledge to the computer.

50 years and the computer gave us the moon. And beyond.

NOW IF WE COULD JUST GET THE EDUCATED IDIOTS IN WASHINGTON OUT OF THE DAMN WAY.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I hate day light dumbass time.

All of Indiana should be in ONE FREAKING TIME ZONE AND IT SHOULD STAY THE SAME TIME ZONE ALL THE TIME. When the sun is straight up it should be 12:oo noon spring summer winter and fall.

Who care's what the rest of the idiot country does. If they all jump off a cliff are we suppose to?

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera

All of Indiana should be in ONE FREAKING TIME ZONE AND IT SHOULD STAY THE SAME TIME ZONE ALL THE TIME. When the sun is straight up it should be 12:oo noon spring summer winter and fall.

Who care's what the rest of the idiot country does. If they all jump off a cliff are we suppose to?

I agree. I say let the rest of the country get in step with us. We had it right.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I wonder a little about the hi-def TV thing... I mean, OK, get your tinfoil hats on and set your INGO decoder rings to "Purple D", but ostensibly, the reason for this is to open those bands of the spectrum currently used for analog TV to public safety use. The effect of it is to get a box into every home with a television. Exceptions, obviously, are those people who already have an agreement to pay either a cable or satellite TV company.

When cell phones started becoming the rage, they seemed like a great thing-ok, there wasn't much infrastructure for them, but it would grow, and grow it has. Now, almost everyone has one of these cute little devices (with GPS tracking ability and the ability to be turned on by the provider as a "bug" (with court sanction, of course:rolleyes:) in it) stuck on their hip, in their pocket, or in their purse. Is it such a stretch to think of Winston Smith, who could not turn off his telescreen because it was bidirectional? I have not seen this written up anywhere, it's just something that's bothered me. Anyone else, or am I just being paranoid?

Blessings,
    B

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Why is it the gov't's responsibility to ensure that my TV works with the digital signal? They're paying out 40 bucks a pop to give everyone a digital converter box. I'd rather have 2 boxes of .357 158gr JSPs for my 40 bucks.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie

I must agree. We are constantly told that Benjamin Franklin came up with the idea of daylight savings time, what we are NOT told is that he came up with it as a satire. I guarantee ol' Ben would be appalled to find out that so many governments have used his name to justify the implementation of this absurdity.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground

+1

and WTF is up with HUGE A$$ sizes of store receipts?

and parents who medicate their spoiled children with pharmaceuticals instead of with a good 'ol fashion whoopins??

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ...and what's up with butt wipes any more?

Super fluffy, super soft, double strength, slobbered up with some kind of creme goop.

WTH happened to PLAIN AND REGULAR NORMAL butt wipe paper?

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I took on the DST argument in a lengthy rant on the editorial page of the Indy Star a few years back.

My solution. Just don't use it. It isn't that difficult.

As I pointed out then, we live in a 24 hour world. Money doesn't sleep. Franklin knew this. What I have found the most interesting is the number of nations that have tried DST but have switched back.

DaylightSaving-World-Subdivisions.png

██ DST used
    ██ DST no longer used
    ██ DST never used

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA drugging the kids. I used to have a couple that ran a day care renting next door. The guy I never saw much. Just the woman. Lurch. Twice as tall as Reno and 4 times as ugly. 17 kids there during the day and every one on the drugz. LOL the one kid used to just stand and stare at us while we were doing things racing in the driveway or garage. Zombie's? We have them already.

LOL did you notice that Hi def TV is mandatory and so is the coming tax? just saying.......

:chillout:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Kids on drugs, toilet paper, butt wipes, DTV, taxes, 2 girls one cup......... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THE INSANITY IS TOO MUCH!!!

MUST....
    GO....
    SHOOTING.....
    RANGE......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The world is ending. It's official God has abandoned us laughing his head off the entire time. The Dark Carnival has arrived and the 7th Jokers Card has dropped. The end is coming. It's over. We are all doomed.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Kids on drugs, toilet paper, butt wipes, DTV, taxes, 2 girls one cup......... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THE INSANITY IS TOO MUCH!!!

MUST....
    GO....
    SHOOTING.....
    RANGE......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The world is ending. It's official God has abandoned us laughing his head off the entire time. The Dark Carnival has arrived and the 7th Jokers Card has dropped. The end is coming. It's over. We are all doomed.

Dang, Savage. You must be having a bad day :xmad:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I wonder a little about the hi-def TV thing... I mean, OK, get your tinfoil hats on and set your INGO decoder rings to "Purple D", but ostensibly, the reason for this is to open those bands of the spectrum currently used for analog TV to public safety use. The effect of it is to get a box into every home with a television. Exceptions, obviously, are those people who already have an agreement to pay either a cable or satellite TV company.

When cell phones started becoming the rage, they seemed like a great thing-ok, there wasn't much infrastructure for them, but it would grow, and grow it has. Now, almost everyone has one of these cute little devices (with GPS tracking ability and the ability to be turned on by the provider as a "bug" (with court sanction, of course:rolleyes:) in it) stuck on their hip, in their pocket, or in their purse. Is it such a stretch to think of Winston Smith, who could not turn off his telescreen because it was bidirectional? I have not seen this written up anywhere, it's just something that's bothered me. Anyone else, or am I just being paranoid?

Blessings,
    B

All you have to do is say "government" and I am parnoid. I know of some alarm systems that the monitoring center can listen in to your house.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    and parents who medicate their spoiled children with pharmaceuticals instead of with a good 'ol fashion whoopins??

AMEN!!!

And the skinny-challenged women who wear Sponge Bob Square Pants pants to Wally World... What the hell? Have enough decency to get out of your pajamas and put some real clothing on when you go into public folks. The Sponge Bob pants and fuzzy slippers drive me NUTS! Have some respect both for yourself and the people around you.

Where's my gun? The herd needs to be thinned. :ar15:

Top Bottom