• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm looking to get some estimates for a barn/shop/garage. I'm guessing pole barns are still cheaper to build than regular garages but I'm not sure. I want to go as big as I can afford so it doesn't matter how it's built.

I'm currently thinking 40'x48' and 10' ceilings. Possibly 12'. Two overhead doors. Two man doors and probably six windows. If I have to do it in stages I gladly will to have what I want. I'd like to at least get the shell, windows and doors done. I can wait for concrete if I have to.

Please share your knowledge and recent experience if you can.

I'm located in the Southeast Fishers area.

Thanks
    Doug

I've found some old threads for reference but I'm sure prices have changed over the years.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/331139-pole-barn-builders.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/191390-pole-barn-pricing.html

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I just had one built by Blitz Builders in March. 30x40×12 with a 10ft lean off the side and insulated roof deck ran around 17500 for the shell only. Concrete was around 7k not including my 6 tri axle loads for another new driveway to connect to house drive. I was pretty happy with them they had it done in 2-1/2 days also. I had around 5 estimates and they beat everyone by about 4k. They have done a few buildings for family members also that I had seen and they did a good job that is why I went with them but price happened to be the cheapest so it was a win win i guess.

I will post pics later if you would like.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Graber Post Buildings Inc

Construction material wholesaler in Daviess County, Indiana
    Address: 7716 N 900 E, Montgomery, IN 47558

Phone: (800) 264-5013

best I've found

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Daviess County Metal Sales, https://www.dcmetal.com/ did ours. Price was good, quality was good and they didn't screw around. Framed one day and sheetmetal the next. That was a 24x32. The only complaint I had was scheduling of the concrete and gutters. They told me 4 days to complete, I "assumed" 4 days start to finish but it was about 3 weeks start to move in. Don't know if you'll be able to but pin your builder down on start to turn key, if for no other reason than to avoid confusion.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I'll second DC Metal Sales. I also have a 24x32 and it was completed in 2 days. They were very easy to work with and accommodated my schedule.

Dirty Steve

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Daviess County Metal Sales, https://www.dcmetal.com/ did ours. Price was good, quality was good and they didn't screw around. Framed one day and sheetmetal the next. That was a 24x32. The only complaint I had was scheduling of the concrete and gutters. They told me 4 days to complete, I "assumed" 4 days start to finish but it was about 3 weeks start to move in. Don't know if you'll be able to but pin your builder down on start to turn key, if for no other reason than to avoid confusion.

This.

I've had two buildings built by these folks, the old story about good, cheap, and fast doesn't apply to these people.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I have used a guy out of Milroy (near Rushville) a few times named Eicher. I have no reason to complain or look elsewhere.
    I used Ben Eicher too off 42769vette's recommendation. He did excellent work. My quote for materials from Menards was $5700. He brought the materials and put the whole thing up in a day for $6500. That was a 24 x 32 about four years ago, but did not include the garage door/concrete.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I used Ben Eicher too off 42769vette's recommendation. He did excellent work. My quote for materials from Menards was $5700. He brought the materials and put the whole thing up in a day for $6500. That was a 24 x 32 about four years ago, but did not include the garage door/concrete.

Ben did my first one, then retired. My sister hired is nephew (sam), and had the same experience I did with Ben. Im getting another bid now, from Sam. If anyone wants his contact info shoot me a message.

Top Bottom