• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    D B Metals - New Castle IN 47362 | 888-919-6672 These guys form the metal, build the trusses, bend the trim to fit. They build the whole thing from start to finish also. They built a 64' x 120' for me. Concrete and all in three weeks.

Just called them, and she seemed confused that i was just giving an itemized list of what i wanted. We will see what she quotes me, new castle isnt terribly far. She even asked if they needed to provide the trusses also.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    I am getting ready to have built a 36x40 still waiting on quotes, my last one was just under 17k with 3 overheads 1 entry and 5 windows 6 inch concrete metal on ceiling , I also think it is well worth the extra cost of laminated 6x6 posts

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    All I can say is don't cut your posts off on the gable ends. I always hate when people cut off posts to same height all the way around.......then have to scab truss supports.

How does pole barn compare to framed garage in costs? I am getting ready to build a framed 24 x 24 with shingled roof, vinyl siding and it will be around 12,000 give or take, with concrete. What would a pole barn cost complete? Just curious...I have not bid one material and labor in a while.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    All I can say is don't cut your posts off on the gable ends. I always hate when people cut off posts to same height all the way around.......then have to scab truss supports.

How does pole barn compare to framed garage in costs? I am getting ready to build a framed 24 x 24 with shingled roof, vinyl siding and it will be around 12,000 give or take, with concrete. What would a pole barn cost complete? Just curious...I have not bid one material and labor in a while.

price that out with an extra 320 feet, 4 windows, a walk in door, and two 10x10 openings and we can compare the two.

but just on the info you gave me, your is costing 20 dollars a square foot currently, mine 8 dollars a square foot. I will not have a concrete floor though initially, nor will it be wired or insulated. but is 896 square feet as opposed to your 576

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    price that out with an extra 320 feet, 4 windows, a walk in door, and two 10x10 openings and we can compare the two.

but just on the info you gave me, your is costing 20 dollars a square foot currently, mine 8 dollars a square foot. I will not have a concrete floor though initially, nor will it be wired or insulated. but is 896 square feet as opposed to your 576

Your at $8 per foot with no concrete and not sure about labor to build......mine includes labor and concrete. Add on concrete and you are at $13 per foot plus maybe labor. That is why I was curious of an apple to apple cost on pole barns...

Top Bottom