• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just finished the Hardcore History 3 parter on Teddy Roosevelt. It was pretty good.

I'll be starting "How it Began. A history of the modern world" next. A friend recomended it to me.

https://howitbegan.com

Since I started listening to podcasts in July, I'm at 480 hours of listening.

Last edited:

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    My favorite is 'Live on Sunday Night. Bill Cunningham. It's on Wowo at 10:00 pm on Sunday nites but they have archived the past episodes. I think it used to be the Matt Drudge show and he handed it over to Bill Cunningham years ago.
    Morgan88

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Since I started listening to podcasts in July, I'm at 490 hours of listening.

Just out of curiosity. How did you come up with an estimate of your listening hours? I listen at my PC and cell phone (and formerly on MP3 players) for years and couldn't even guess how many hours I've listened to.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Just out of curiosity. How did you come up with an estimate of your listening hours? I listen at my PC and cell phone (and formerly on MP3 players) for years and couldn't even guess how many hours I've listened to.

Many podcast apps track it for you. For instance, since I switched apps on 9/15/16, I'm at 42 days 17 hours (593 hours).

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

My app tracks it. I currently use Podbean. I meant 480 hrs, not 490. I must have rounded up twice.

ji0hH2A.png

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Bigtanker- You might want to look at speeding up your podcast player. I presume that is what "Intelligent speed saved" means. Not recommended for music, but works well with spoken-word podcasts.

I generally listen at 1.25x speed. Doesn't take long to adapt to the faster speed and you get to take in more. Some listen to much faster than I do.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bigtanker- You might want to look at speeding up your podcast player. I presume that is what "Intelligent speed saved" means. Not recommended for music, but works well with spoken-word podcasts.

I generally listen at 1.25x speed. Doesn't take long to adapt to the faster speed and you get to take in more. Some listen to much faster than I do.

I usually get between 6 and 8 hours a day to listen. I'm not in any hurry. In fact, most of the podcasts that I really like, I've listened to them in their entirety. I've listened to every 2017 epsiode of Gun Talk so far.
    I've listened to the entire "True Crime Garage" series too.

I've listened to Dan Carlins Hardcore history series called "The Buleprint for Armageddon" 3 times now. It's almost 24 hours long.

I'm not in a hurry. I always trying new stuff out to see what I like and don't.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Fair enough. It is purely personal preference. I consider my podcasts to be primarily educational and like to squeeze in more.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just listened to a 3 part podcast on Jack Johnson from History on Fire. Another great one. I've never even heard of Jack before this.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you are a fan of the 1950 film noir movies or old time radio, like Phillip Marlow, Sam Spade or Johnny Dollar, I found a modern "audio drama" called Rex Rivitter: Private Eye. It's a really great production about a "Private Dick" in the 50's. The shows are about a half hour long and it's a running story line. There are 2 seasons out now and the 3rd one starts on Monday, the 7th.

Rex Rivetter: Private Eye

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you like Crimetown, then the RFK Tapes will make you happy. It's a dive into the RFK murder - did Sirhan Sirhan act alone?

...and I just finished listening to Bundyville. It's only seven half hour episodes.

It was fascinating to hear the back story and connections. And while I don't agree with all of the conclusions, it does show that the right has does have a just-as-looney counter to Antifa.

Of course, it may not be fit for many INGO'ers, what with a somewhat neutral reporting...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you like Crimetown, then the RFK Tapes will make you happy. It's a dive into the RFK murder - did Sirhan Sirhan act alone?

...and I just finished listening to Bundyville. It's only seven half hour episodes.

It was fascinating to hear the back story and connections. And while I don't agree with all of the conclusions, it does show that the right has does have a just-as-looney counter to Antifa.

Crimetown, RFK Tapes, and Bundyville are all worth listening to.

I've been enjoying Slow Burn, which tells the stories of presidents in trouble. Season 1 covers Nixon, and season 2 covers Clinton. But the warning quoted below is definitely going to apply, as it is produced by Slate.

I also just this morning was told of the Church Politics Podcast, but I haven't yet listed to any of it. It's hosted by two Christians who were part of Obama's staff. Seems like it'll be worth giving a try.

Of course, it may not be fit for many INGO'ers, what with a somewhat neutral reporting...

I feel like this is going to apply to most podcasts, as the format seems to be more popular among people on the left, so more podcasts lean that way. Not as far as talk radio leans right, but enough to be identifiable.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I tried the the Church Politics Podcast, but it's a little too chatty and not tight enough for me - I like a well-produced and edited podcast.

...which is Serial. Season 3 is being pumped out now, and while it's not about one case like in the past, it's still interesting if not as riveting. It takes a look at courts and shows us non-lawyers how the sausage is made - and it's not pretty.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I listened to a new series called Blackout. It's a fictional audio drama about the power grid going down. Excellent audio and pretty good voice actors. Should be interesting.

Top Bottom