• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    While I haven't pocket carried since the old Colt 2" Detective Special in the hip pocket, back in my younger years, the only thing I carry in my pocket these days is a knife and a snag mag.
    My wife on the other hand, pocket carries a Ruger LCP 380 with the Crimson Trace trigger guard laser. This often accompanies her Walther PPS 9mm, in a kydex IWB.
    I'm so proud of her. :)

Oh yeah, she too has a Colt 380 Government model. It stays in the safe now a days.

Last edited:

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    I'm still a fan of the el-cheapo P3AT. I have 2, each tucked away in a spot in my vehicles just in case I leave in a hurry w/o my EDC. I've put lots of rounds thru one of them w/o issue. Great bargain at the low $200 mark (or less - used).

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    How do you like that 22?
    Have seen some positive reviews on them.
    It wouldn't be a near future purchase but have checked them out.

I mean, if I'm not carrying a 45 I might as well carry a 22. Am I right?

Joking guys, just Joking.
    It is verrry sensitive to what you feed it. CCI Mini-Mag works 100% of the time. Others not. Federal Punch is my defensive load and Little Buy likes it. I use it as a backup and am confident that if I hit where I aim, it will stop the threat. Is .22 the stopper that 9mm or 45 is-nope, but no one likes holes in their body.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well, I went nuts today and bought a Max and an LCP II .22LR and took both right to the range!

The Max shoots soooo much better than my old gen 1 LCP did. Not even comparable. I love the sights, too. I can see where the trigger finger can get pinched, but it isn't a big deal. I put about 40 rounds through it today with no issues. They had a 12 round magazine I picked up, too! I have big hands but this gun still feels great. I really like it. I'm still pretty surprised this little bugger packs 12+1.

The .22 is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I LOVE this gun!! I could shoot it all day! I went through 2 mags with no issue then I had a number of rounds that appeared to be either light strikes or bad rounds. I'll post the ammo I was using but tomorrow, if I can make it to the range, I'm going to run a couple different brands of .22 through it to see what happens. If it keeps doing it then I'll have to send it off to Ruger to get fixed. Anyway, the gun is an abolute joy to shoot. I was slightly more accurate with it than the Max even though the sights are much better on the Max.

Top Bottom