• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The sad fact is that child soldiers are commonplace in Africa. We should not be surprised if child pirates show up too. The really tough questions revolve around what can be done about them, whether they can be reformed and at what age. A 10-year-old with an AK47 is just as dangerous as a 20-year-old, but has somewhat more potential to be reformed. I don't know how old Abdul Wali-i-Musi is, and I don't really think he ought to be simply "freed", but it's faintly possible that he's got the potential to turn his life around.

I think he should be freed. I think they should chain a 300# chunk of concrete to his ankle, put him over the side of a boat over the Marianas Trench, and "free" him from the boat.

If we really wanted to give him a hint of a chance, we could give him a 15 min. air tank, mask, and regulator, too.... but I think someone should :poop: in the tank before he starts breathing off of it. :D

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That's pretty sad... but not entirely unexpected. If you have any interest whatsoever in seeing the other side of this ugly coin, I'd recommend reading A Long Way Gone, by Ishmael Beah. I'm not saying Abdul Wali-i-Musi's story necessarily parallels his, but I think it's perfectly plausible.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    My main concern is for that poor pirate's human rights. I mean has this guy been deprived of sleep while those evil navy ships were harassing them? Has he been waterboarded? lol

A good liberal will always stick up for a terrorist before a fellow citizen. A good liberal will worry about the well being of a criminal while suing the pants off a victim. A good liberal would enjoy living in a totalitarian state while defecating on an American flag. A good liberal thinks that it is inhumane to make a terrorist uncomfortable during an interrogation but think its fine to kill an unborn baby.

Hell has unlimited vacancy for these people.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think he should be freed. I think they should chain a 300# chunk of concrete to his ankle, put him over the side of a boat over the Marianas Trench, and "free" him from the boat.

If we really wanted to give him a hint of a chance, we could give him a 15 min. air tank, mask, and regulator, too.... but I think someone should :poop: in the tank before he starts breathing off of it. :D

:rockwoot:

I like it. Lets do it. I'll be the :poop:er!!!! :D Where's my Hormel...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So refresh my memory. Didn't Billy Bob Clinton send troops to Somalia to take care of all their problems? Do we still have troops there?

Yup, and guess where that got us?

In another portion of that interview, Miller quotes bin Laden as saying: "We have seen in the last decade the decline of American power and the weakness of the American soldier who is ready to wage Cold Wars, but unprepared to fight long wars. This was proven in Beirut in 1983 when the Marines fled after two explosions. It also proves they can run in less than 24 hours, and this was also repeated in Somalia (in 1993)." Three years later, on September 11, 2001, al Qaeda turned our planes into cruise missiles and murdered three thousand Americans in New York, Washington and the fields of Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    A good liberal will always stick up for a terrorist before a fellow citizen. A good liberal will worry about the well being of a criminal while suing the pants off a victim. A good liberal would enjoy living in a totalitarian state while defecating on an American flag. A good liberal thinks that it is inhumane to make a terrorist uncomfortable during an interrogation but think its fine to kill an unborn baby.

And if you're ever on trial for a questionable self-defense shooting and can't afford a lawyer, it will be a liberal trying to keep you out of jail, because good conservatives don't become public defenders.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City

He never should have ended up in custody in the first place. He should have been dispatched with his buddies from the git-go...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    And if you're ever on trial for a questionable self-defense shooting and can't afford a lawyer, it will be a liberal trying to keep you out of jail, because good conservatives don't become public defenders.

Can I borrow that brush to paint my house? With a brush that broad I should only need one swipe--to get mine and my neighbor's both.

You are aware, are you not, that there is a certain amount of "pro bono" work that all practicing attorneys must do? From what I've seen "public defender" is often an "entry level" position--a stage a new attorney--of whatever political persuasion--goes through until they can get a position with a high-priced law firm. Also, what makes you think that someone will be using a public defender? The one time I was charged with a crime (charges dismissed, BTW, the story is elsewhere on this board and I will not tell it again) I was not allowed to use a public defender--my income is too high.

And, even if what you said were true, it still would not address the complaint.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Can I borrow that brush to paint my house? With a brush that broad I should only need one swipe--to get mine and my neighbor's both.

Perhaps you'd like rambone's brush as well, so you can do the houses across the street.

Seriously? The guy posts "A good liberal will always stick up for a terrorist before a fellow citizen" etc., and you can't see that I'm merely responding in kind?

I'm well aware that lawyers of all political stripes do pro bono work. I'm also well aware that there are so-called "liberals" who are far more patriotic, upstanding, decent human beings than a lot of conservatives I know. I'm well aware that not every conservative is a member of the KKK, and not every liberal wears Che Guevara t-shirts while stinking of patchouli. And sometimes it seems I'm the only one who is aware of these things.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I'm well aware that not every conservative is a member of the KKK, and not every liberal wears Che Guevara t-shirts while stinking of patchouli. And sometimes it seems I'm the only one who is aware of these things.

The final sentence would appear to contradict the preceding one.

While the Right has it's David Dukes and the Left has it's Nancy Pelosis, the difference is the Right doesn't make its extremists Speaker of the House.

Incidentally, Rambone's use of "good liberals" came across to me as obvious hyperbole since "good liberals" would be a subset of liberals and his post read as using "good" in an ironic sense.

OTOH, quite frankly, liberalism, as practiced in modern American Politics (as opposed to, say, an Adam Smith liberal), is incompatible with the founding values of this country. Then, too, so is much of what passes for "conservatism," again, as practiced in modern American Politics. I mean, just take the whole concept of "neo con." The media, and many liberals of my acquaintence, these days likes to use "neo con" as some form of "ultra conservative" when it's just the opposite: basically a "neo con" is a liberal, with a few conservative talking points grafted on.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Why dont they just call a terrorist a terrorist, weather on a boat hijacking a freighter, or flying a plane into a building, they are terrorist and should be delt with as such. This crap about how terrorist are treated is old already, they are not in a milita, they are a bunch of renegades terrorising who they see as their enemies, and the lefties want us to feel sorry for them, the 16 yr old pirate, the bomber we let go from Gitmo. These people need to HTFU.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Yes Billy Bob Clinton did send the Army to Somalia. It was possibly the most incompetent mission of all time. Not only was it under UN Command, but it was still ran by DC politicians. :twocents:

[jack]

You meant second only to Iraq, right?

(hehe, sorry, couldn't help myself)

[/jack]

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Perhaps you'd like rambone's brush as well, so you can do the houses across the street.

Seriously? The guy posts "A good liberal will always stick up for a terrorist before a fellow citizen" etc., and you can't see that I'm merely responding in kind?

I'm well aware that lawyers of all political stripes do pro bono work. I'm also well aware that there are so-called "liberals" who are far more patriotic, upstanding, decent human beings than a lot of conservatives I know. I'm well aware that not every conservative is a member of the KKK, and not every liberal wears Che Guevara t-shirts while stinking of patchouli. And sometimes it seems I'm the only one who is aware of these things.

I'd rep you again but I already rep'd you out on other posts.

+1

You're not the only one, brother. Just one of the few at least gutsy enough to say it openly & brave the wrath of the Borg.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    I'd rep you again but I already rep'd you out on other posts.

+1

You're not the only one, brother. Just one of the few at least gutsy enough to say it openly & brave the wrath of the Borg.

please, after reading some of your arguments i believe its not guts, but just brainwashed to think that what is wrong is right, what is right is wrong, and that you can hide behind the bill of rights and constitution while you and others systematically tear it apart.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    [jack]

You meant second only to Iraq, right?

(hehe, sorry, couldn't help myself)

[/jack]

You're serious? I think you need to go live in Iran or Saudi Arabia for a while. See how lovely it is over there. I think you'd feel right at home there with powerful men getting what they want, beating their wives, being disarmed unless you're part of the Jhiad or "Elite" F*** Up army. Or maybe you'd feel more at home in England where they baby you and tell you they will protect you since no one is suppose to own a gun. Or how about China where Everything that is yours is theirs and theirs will never be yours. All these places have one thing in common. Their world views fall right in line with yours. So people like you need to go there because us red white and blue blooded Americans will have none of it. Here in America We believe in Capitalism. Where if you mess up and your business fails, you're out. No help from the people. They obviously didn't like your service. We still believe that if you rob, rape, or kill, you should get the same thing. If you feel you need to terrorize someone, you're gonna get what's coming to you. Fair or not.

If you can't deal with it... GET THE HELL OUT!!!!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You're serious? I think you need to go live in Iran or Saudi Arabia for a while. See how lovely it is over there. I think you'd feel right at home there with powerful men getting what they want, beating their wives, being disarmed unless you're part of the Jhiad or "Elite" F*** Up army. Or maybe you'd feel more at home in England where they baby you and tell you they will protect you since no one is suppose to own a gun. Or how about China where Everything that is yours is theirs and theirs will never be yours. All these places have one thing in common. Their world views fall right in line with yours. So people like you need to go there because us red white and blue blooded Americans will have none of it. Here in America We believe in Capitalism. Where if you mess up and your business fails, you're out. No help from the people. They obviously didn't like your service. We still believe that if you rob, rape, or kill, you should get the same thing. If you feel you need to terrorize someone, you're gonna get what's coming to you. Fair or not.

If you can't deal with it... GET THE HELL OUT!!!!

Uh...what?

I could argue the points with you if what you responded with had any semblance of a relationship to what you quoted that I said.

The reference was to the incompetence shown by the Bush administration in executing the war in Iraq.

I have no idea wtf the above drivel had anything to do with that.

I didn't think you were old enough to be influenced by the old '60's "love it or leave it" bumper stickers. At least I've done my part to defend my country. I don't see where you have much standing to tell me to leave it.

If you can't deal with that...:fawk:.

Oh & have a great day!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    please, after reading some of your arguments i believe its not guts, but just brainwashed to think that what is wrong is right, what is right is wrong, and that you can hide behind the bill of rights and constitution while you and others systematically tear it apart.

Alright, show me one one place where I've tried to tear the Constitution apart. You said it, now provide proof. If you can't I would kindly ask that you not say things that are known by you to be to be false. Its an old tactic when you can't argue the points at hand. I think its been called "shooting the messenger".

I support every Amendment in the Bill of Rights. Not just my pet ones but every one. Show me where I've said otherwise.

Top Bottom