• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Free Somali Pirate.com Usual stuff, how the Somali piracy is actually our fault and how we should be understanding of the kidnapping, theft, and murder committed by Somali pirates in general and the one we've captured in specific.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Not that it matters to me but have you noticed how the media is calling the captured pirate a "teenager" I haven't heard the others called anything other than "pirates" with the leader somewhere between 16 and 19...how old were the others...12, 13? of course anyone pointing an automatic weapon is fair game, just commenting on the lack of info or rather slanting of the info being disseminated:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's sickening and stupid. Some people need strung up for crap like this.

Oh well, 1st amedment rights. As long as they don't try to free these idiots.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Should have just sent him to meet Davy!

I have been saying that all along. Pirates? What Pirates? I didn't see no stinking pirates.
    Drown.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So refresh my memory. Didn't Billy Bob Clinton send troops to Somalia to take care of all their problems? Do we still have troops there?

Yes Billy Bob Clinton did send the Army to Somalia. It was possibly the most incompetent mission of all time. Not only was it under UN Command, but it was still ran by DC politicians. :twocents:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Not that it matters to me but have you noticed how the media is calling the captured pirate a "teenager" I haven't heard the others called anything other than "pirates" with the leader somewhere between 16 and 19...how old were the others...12, 13? of course anyone pointing an automatic weapon is fair game, just commenting on the lack of info or rather slanting of the info being disseminated:patriot:

The sad fact is that child soldiers are commonplace in Africa. We should not be surprised if child pirates show up too. The really tough questions revolve around what can be done about them, whether they can be reformed and at what age. A 10-year-old with an AK47 is just as dangerous as a 20-year-old, but has somewhat more potential to be reformed. I don't know how old Abdul Wali-i-Musi is, and I don't really think he ought to be simply "freed", but it's faintly possible that he's got the potential to turn his life around.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    The sad fact is that child soldiers are commonplace in Africa. We should not be surprised if child pirates show up too. The really tough questions revolve around what can be done about them, whether they can be reformed and at what age. A 10-year-old with an AK47 is just as dangerous as a 20-year-old, but has somewhat more potential to be reformed. I don't know how old Abdul Wali-i-Musi is, and I don't really think he ought to be simply "freed", but it's faintly possible that he's got the potential to turn his life around.

Agreed, but this site trys to pin the blame on US for THEIR problems. And that's a bunch of :bs:.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Agreed, but this site trys to pin the blame on US for THEIR problems. And that's a bunch of :bs:.

Yeah, the "blame America first" thing does get old relatively fast. I just wanted to make the point that there's a middle ground between 18th-century "piracy is punishable by death" and "the USA makes good Africans go bad".

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Absolutely, and well put.

You will NEVER see that site talking about the few BILLION dollars that South Africa is spending on building new soccerr stadiums in order to host the World cup matches in a few years...last time I checked, South Africa is STILL on the African continent.
    Also think there's an old adage of "Charity begins at HOME." or something to that affect...well, South Africa; meet Somalia.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The thing is, even if the site is intended as a hoax/satire (and I don't know on that), it's so entirely plausible because that's exactly the kind of thing that comes out of so many of the left.

Yes, the right has its loons--so called by most on the right. What the right doesn't do, however, is grant them the kind of respectability that the left offers it's loons with half-hearted "while I don't agree with their extreme position, I can understand how they might yadda yadda yadda".

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So refresh my memory. Didn't Billy Bob Clinton send troops to Somalia to take care of all their problems? Do we still have troops there?

Actually, it was the first President Bush who sent them there. The mission crept during Clinton's presidency, and then it was Clinton who pulled out after the Black Hawk Down battle.

The problem with dealing with Somalia issues, is that they don't really even have a government. It's the wild, wild West out there.

Top Bottom