• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

I sold my 10/22. Made Rifleman with it and it was just sitting around after that. I really like bolt action rifles, and made rifleman with my 'scoped .22.

I'm thinking hard about running next year's Appleseed with a iron sighted, bolt action .22.

The question would be which one? It would have to be a left handed... it's hard enough working the action quickly. As well, it would have to be a detachable mag.

I'm thinking another Savage, and do away with the Accutrigger on the Appleseed version.

Thoughts?

Josh

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Hello,

I sold my 10/22. Made Rifleman with it and it was just sitting around after that. I really like bolt action rifles, and made rifleman with my 'scoped .22.

I'm thinking hard about running next year's Appleseed with a iron sighted, bolt action .22.

The question would be which one? It would have to be a left handed... it's hard enough working the action quickly. As well, it would have to be a detachable mag.

I'm thinking another Savage, and do away with the Accutrigger on the Appleseed version.

Thoughts?

Josh

The first one that popped into my head was my Remington 514: Single shot, oh yea! Not exactly :ar15: :D What's life without a challenge!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I was thinking about trying an appleseed this year with my Mossberg 144lsb.
    It is my first rifle , I used it for 50ft. NRA shooting when I was 12-15.
    This thing is really accurate but it weighs around 10 lbs.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Id go with either a savage/marlin{marlin if ya dont want the acu trigger..though I love the acu trigger} or CZ. my next rim fire will be a CZ I think.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I was thinking about trying an appleseed this year with my Mossberg 144lsb.
    It is my first rifle , I used it for 50ft. NRA shooting when I was 12-15.
    This thing is really accurate but it weighs around 10 lbs.

Good choice. I have used my 44US in an Appleseed. You will need two mags and a GI web sling. You will do well with this accurate rifle.

And none of this answers the OP's question cuz these are not "left hand" rifles. My left handed brother just works the bolt with his right hand. It doesn't slow him down in the least.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I would recommend shooting weak side, it will be much harder than a different rifle. Plus it can be a beneficial task to master. You never know when you may have to shoot weak side.
    Trust me it will make you a better shooter strong side and weak side because you have to relearn everything again. You think through the building the positions, 6 steps and NPOA. It really came surprisingly easy for me when I worked through it and I cannot even eat left handed.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Good advice Mr Mudcat....

17Chap; I was at the North Store the end of January. They had a few 44US rifles, but they were missing parts. I think it was the rear sight. I passed on them. They might be on the CMP website...

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Just checked the website. Kimbers yes, Mossbergs no.

Mossberg M44 U.S.

ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE R22M44 Mossberg M44 U.S.
    SOLD OUT - not accepting orders R22M44INC** Mossberg M44 U.S. (Incomplete - see note below)
    Accepting orders - $65
    Jess

Top Bottom