• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    My family (wife, 2 young kids, and myself) have been camping with a travel trailer for 3 years now, this will be our 4th season. We would like to explore the SW part of the state, an area we've never really been to before. We prefer to stay in State Parks, and I know there are a few down that way. We enjoy hiking, but also like to check out other interesting places. I would definitely like to visit the historical sites around Vincennes, but other than that, what are some cool areas to see and things to do?

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Spring Mill State Park near Bedford would be a perfect place to set up down there. Lots of hiking in the park, a restored historic village (grist mill is under repair this year) and some caves to explore.

Several other cave attractions are in the area also. We have visited Marengo (45 minutes) and Blue Springs (15 minutes) and enjoyed them both. Squire Boone (1 hr 15min) and Wyandotte (1hr) we haven’t visited yet.

You would be 90 minutes from Vincennes and an hour from Corydon, both places have strong ties to early Indiana history.

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    Spring Mill State Park near Bedford would be a perfect place to set up down there. Lots of hiking in the park, a restored historic village (grist mill is under repair this year) and some caves to explore.

Several other cave attractions are in the area also. We have visited Marengo (45 minutes) and Blue Springs (15 minutes) and enjoyed them both. Squire Boone (1 hr 15min) and Wyandotte (1hr) we haven’t visited yet.

You would be 90 minutes from Vincennes and an hour from Corydon, both places have strong ties to early Indiana history.
    Downtown historic Corydon is beautiful and very alive with good dining and attraction.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    2nd O'Bannon Woods area.

Plenty of hiking there, plus plenty more north west in the HNF. Plus you're close to 2-3 commercial caves and cave tours from O'Bannon.

Hemlock Cliffs is a nice spot to hike, too.

Top Bottom