• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Wife has started snoring. So I'm going to need to start wearing earplugs. My concern is being able to hear my normal alarm, so I wanted to try a pillow shaker "silent" alarm. I currently use my phone which slowly ramps up gently. Since I'm going to be wearing plugs, I suspect I'll end up waking every day VERY abruptly with a hard elbow to the ribs because she'll hear it long before I will.

Anyone recommend a good one? Requirements, in order of importance:
    1. Silent vibrate only
    2. easy to find OFF button. All the ones I find have a big snooze with an "off" mixed in with other buttons identically sized/shaped. If yours can be turned off while in snooze mode, OK. (I had one that you couldnt turn off while snoozing)
    3. Dimmable. Wife cant stand bright clocks. She needs a dark room.
    4. Big Numbers

GO!
    While not snoring but before a few life changes, I would use my Garmin it has an alarm feature and vibrates.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While not snoring but before a few life changes, I would use my Garmin it has an alarm feature and vibrates.
    My cheap Chinese smart watch vibrates. I have started testing it.

Went the $80 route because I just needed a watch with a face I could replace that had big enough numbers to read without my glasses. So I dont keep it connected to my phone. And I'm hell on watches and not about to walk around with a $400 Apple watch on my wrist.

Reactions: wcd

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Went the $80 route because I just needed a watch with a face I could replace that had big enough numbers to read without my glasses. So I dont keep it connected to my phone. And I'm hell on watches and not about to walk around with a $400 Apple watch on my wrist.
    Go be poor someplace else.

giphy (5).gif

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

Went the $80 route because I just needed a watch with a face I could replace that had big enough numbers to read without my glasses. So I dont keep it connected to my phone. And I'm hell on watches and not about to walk around with a $400 Apple watch on my wrist
    same here yeah no way WCD is spending $400.00 North for a smart watch. I used to go through more watches than I care to admit.

My partner convinced me to try an Armor band for my Garmin( I think my wife found a deal on the Garmin for under $100) I have been using one for over a year and it has held up extremely well from hostile work environments to farming.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    LOL I can AFFORD the apple watch. I just cant afford to KEEP buying them.

And hey, it works. IDGAF about the bells and whistles like health monitor, reading texts or using it like a Dick Tracy watch.
    I am impressed you pulled off a new acronym! Avoiding the need for the Big Red *’s

But seriously the reading texts on you wrist is kind of helpful.

Dick Tracy?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am impressed you pulled off a new acronym! Avoiding the need for the Big Red *’s

But seriously the reading texts on you wrist is kind of helpful.

Dick Tracy?
    30s comic book Private Eye. He had a wristwatch phone.

I stand corrected. It was basically FaceTime.
    image-jpg.534779

Reactions: wcd
    Top Bottom