• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Very nice gun, good feel and smooth shooting.

fnx40.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have one on order... holsters seem hard to find..

You got that right. I'm waiting on Blackhawk to mke a serpa for it. I ordered a fobus holster for it until I can find something better. I read on FN forums that a HKP30 serpa will fit the FNX.

I like that you can carry it cocked and locked and the safety acts as a decocker too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have had an FNP for two years now. Almost 2,000 rounds down the pipe with 0 malfunctions. I looked at the FNX as well, but they had magazine issues early on. There was also an issue with the back straps. As a heads up, BladeTech makes holsters for the FNP/FNX. I have one for mine and love it. I bought the shooters pack. It came with a Stingray belt holster, paddle attachment, and a double magazine pouch. The gear shown in the link above is exactly what I have minus the training barrel. It is made by BladeTech.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I just placed an order for a Desantis Speed scabbard holster for the FNX 40 from Natchez .. price for holster was OK.. but the charged $14 for shipping, after I submitted order...

not a good deal now...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    FN makes solid and functional if underappreciated pistols. Kinda the 3rd Gen S&Ws of the modern age. ;)

I had a chance to shoot their new-ish striker-fired pistol, the FNS, in 9mm and .40 earlier this year, and came away really impressed.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    FN makes solid and functional if underappreciated pistols. Kinda the 3rd Gen S&Ws of the modern age. ;)

I had a chance to shoot their new-ish striker-fired pistol, the FNS, in 9mm and .40 earlier this year, and came away really impressed.

I was debating between the FNS and the FNX. Choose the X Because I wanted a hammer. :D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    db1959 , does your gun make a click when you start to pull the trigger?

If I cock my gun by racking the slide, then just touch the trigger there is a loud click.. it is the disconector popping up..

I am wondering if all do this.. or is something sticking on mine?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

If I cock my gun by racking the slide, then just touch the trigger there is a loud click.. it is the disconector popping up..

I had an FNX-9 for awhile but traded it for a Glock 19 bc of the lack of aftermarket parts.

Yes the trigger "clicking" is normal, atleast mine did it too. It happened when I locked put the safety on "cocked and locked" style too. I assume its because of the way the safety works.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I just got a Desantis Speed scabard for the FNX .. fits nice and very comfortable.. but the new holster really hangs onto the gun...
    need to wear it in to get a smooth draw..
    I also found out the Fobus holster for the PX4 storm fits the FNX, this is from Fobus.. I tried it out and it does fit the FNX very well, but I had to remove the tension screw in order to be able to draw the gun...

I think I just need to get a longer screw..

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    FNX-9 owner here since September of last year. I've been shooting it alot >10k down range. Very dependable and carries well in a Crossbreed Super..

Everyone that has shot mine out at Roush has asked about the trigger and if it was worked on. They are suprised when I state that it is the stock trigger. For the price, the features others have stated(cocked and locked option, decocker, multiple backstraps, etc), three 17 round magazines, and how durable mine has been I would buy it again in a heart beat. :yesway::yesway:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I just got a Desantis Speed scabard for the FNX .. fits nice and very comfortable.. but the new holster really hangs onto the gun...
    need to wear it in to get a smooth draw..
    I also found out the Fobus holster for the PX4 storm fits the FNX, this is from Fobus.. I tried it out and it does fit the FNX very well, but I had to remove the tension screw in order to be able to draw the gun...

I think I just need to get a longer screw..

I have that fobus holster. In a word it sucks. In more words I dont like the way the paddle is attached to the holster or the fact that it doesnt have any hooks to hook the belt. It just feels cheap. If I loosen the tension screw to be able to holster the gun it wont hold it secure. Too tight and drwaing is almost impossible. There doesnt seem to be a happy middle ground with screw tension. Luckily I have a co-worker with a PX4 Storm who said he's buy it off me. Love the FNX40 though :D

FNX-9 owner here since September of last year. I've been shooting it alot >10k down range. Very dependable and carries well in a Crossbreed Super..

Everyone that has shot mine out at Roush has asked about the trigger and if it was worked on. They are suprised when I state that it is the stock trigger. For the price, the features others have stated(cocked and locked option, decocker, multiple backstraps, etc), three 17 round magazines, and how durable mine has been I would buy it again in a heart beat. :yesway::yesway:

:yesway: This. People who have shot mine love the trigger and the gun.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Sorry for being so late in replying. Yes, mine does have an audible click when barely touching the trigger. I notice it on an empty chamber. I havent really noticed it at the range though. I'll pay more attention next time I am out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    if they all click then it is just the design.. no problems...

i have the fobus belt holster, not the paddle.. and yes i do not trust it with the screw removed for use with FNX, will probably get a longer screw ..
    the FNX is going to be my "play in the rain & mud" gun so i kind of have to use the fobus until I get a raven or blade tech..

the Desantis is a great CC holster though... i have been wearing it all day today..

Top Bottom