• ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Serious question here...

I was reading the thread about the Army looking for a replacement for the M4... and the idea of energy weapons came up.

This got me thinking... When energy weapons are developed and are put into use, do you think we (non military, non LEO) folks will ever be able to own them?

Do you think our right to bear arms will be limited to the conventional weapons we use today? Or, do you think energy weapons, phasers, photons or whatever the technology is, will be off limits?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Assuming the time comes when weapons like phasers are real, as long as we no longer have the right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed, ATF will never allow us to have them.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    Only foreign governments will be allowed to buy them. Terrorists and criminals will have them. The american people will bot be allowed to have them. The 2A has more infringements than an maritime flag now. Soon it will be moot and soon after that firearms will be moot.

Or, by the dawn's early light everything will be just as it is forever and ever.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    They exist now. The last report I saw about them was several years ago and the battery packs were pretty large (only one could be carried by an adult male) and they only provided enough power for 3-4 short bursts. Now when they get the ghostbusters proton pack type nuclear generators backpack sized they will be good to go but they won't let us have them for obvious reasons...

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    What I REALLY want is one of those Andromedan belt buckles from Star Trek [TOS] that could turn anyone into a piece of Honeycomb cereal...:rockwoot:That's a confinement officer's dream!

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I have a feeling that by the time they become something obtainable by any regular Tom, Dick, or Harry....Our government and country as we know it will not exist in the same capacity.

I fully support 2a (guns) rights...But I also sometimes ponder how far 2A goes. Do we stop at projectile "casing" bullets? Or at WMD's when rights are concerned? I mean, a fully operational and armed tank would be nice to drive down the highway, but I dont think its legal.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a feeling that by the time they become something obtainable by any regular Tom, Dick, or Harry....Our government and country as we know it will not exist in the same capacity.

I fully support 2a (guns) rights...But I also sometimes ponder how far 2A goes. Do we stop at projectile "casing" bullets? Or at WMD's when rights are concerned? I mean, a fully operational and armed tank would be nice to drive down the highway, but I dont think its legal.

I believe the founders wrote the second amendment the way they did because they did envision the day when we would have weapons that they could only dream about, and some they could never dream about. The idea was that for every government person standing up against the people, there would be 100 equally armed civilians able to say "no".

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringes" takes into account the unknown weapon capability of the future.

As to driving tanks down the highway, the only reason it might be illegal is because some government official said so. Owning one should be your right if you have the ability to afford one.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    The fact that the creators of the 2A used the word arms and not firearms indicates it was meant to be applied to all manners of arms past, present and future. As others have stated the intent was to allow the people to posses equal weaponry to the current government issue military arms at any given time, as the last step in the checks and balances of power system, to keep the government responsive and subservient to the people who were intended to be the real power holders! Not big brother!!!!

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Nevermind all that fancy stuff, I'm just wondering when my local Walmert's gonna finally start stocking XM-25's...

XM-25 gets some field use

Holy cow, I had to google that and then look at some youtube vids to see what it is...that is an amazing piece of equipment.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPa8ihfrPU]YouTube - XM25, military super weapon[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d-n7i7hsKA&feature=related]YouTube - XM25 Airburst Weapon[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNS_fkrAEUM&feature=related]YouTube - XM25 - The Deadliest Army Weapon In Action[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDuuHLilCbQ&feature=related]YouTube - ATK Innovation...Delivered New XM-25 Rifle In Action ![/ame]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The fact that the creators of the 2A used the word arms and not firearms indicates it was meant to be applied to all manners of arms past, present and future. As others have stated the intent was allow the people to posses equal weaponry to the current government issue military arms at any given time, as the last step in the checks and balances of power system, to keep the government responsive and subservient to the people who were intended to be the real power holders! Not big brother!!!!

This ^

QFT

--end of line--

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The fact that the creators of the 2A used the word arms and not firearms indicates it was meant to be applied to all manners of arms past, present and future. As others have stated the intent was to allow the people to posses equal weaponry to the current government issue military arms at any given time, as the last step in the checks and balances of power system, to keep the government responsive and subservient to the people who were intended to be the real power holders! Not big brother!!!!

I agree... but, do you think it will go down this way?

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    Would these have a "sporting purpose"? By then the PETA folk will have bred mutant wolverdeer that will have the capability to shoot back.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Set Phasers To Stun!

A stun setting on a Phaser would be helpful. Would allow you to get someone's attention, or shut 'em up for a while! Sadly, do not have a stun setting on my .45.

Top Bottom