• Status
    Not open for further replies.

billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    I have to tell you that I love this website, but there are things that need to be added. If I ruled the world, I would add a permanent Military Veteran thread so we (Vets) can talk about/learn from former or current Veterans. Any former soldier/sailor/airman/coast guard/marine knows that you can trust another Brother/Sister to give you some good advice. I think it would help Veterans coming back home, and help those who served our great Country. My favorite time of life is meeting up/speaking with a current/former Service Members who went through a similar life that I went through. Just my 2 cents. I can't see any advertiser for your website passing up helping Military Veterans, Thanks! :patriot: :rockwoot::patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't like the idea. It's not my website, but I don't think we should start up site fixtures that exclude a large number of the membership. If you want a thread devoted to service members, start one, and bump it with new info as you see fit. I imagine that it would probably get quite large.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    ............... Any former soldier/sailor/airman/coast guard/marine knows that you can trust another Brother/Sister to give you some good advice.

I have to say that I wouldn't trust Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Lee Harvey Oswald, or Major Nidal Hasan to give me any kind of advice. Just because you believe someone has some "connection" to your life experiences doesn't mean squat about their trustworthiness.

I court-martialed and had "office hours" with plenty of people that I wouldn't have anything to do with now just because they "served".

Last edited:

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I have to admit that so far i am surprised at how much many of you are looking for the worst in people. Too much negativity going on. As a prior service member i say go for it regardless of the negative folks. If you can at least help one person who might need it the trouble is worth it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A large percentage of our members are ex/military! You can help us and we can help you!
    That's what it's all about, right?

Edit: why is this thread in Introductions?

Last edited:

billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    WOW HOGWYLDE IS HOGWYLDE...

I appreciate the feedback and advice when it comes to informing me of a section/link where I can get in contact with other service members. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this website. I'm truly sorry to other members of this forum that I didn't know that there are sections/links for service members, but hell...I'm new! Thanks for the advice!

I work in graphic design/video editing/website development/writing/photography and pretty much every thing else you could possibly think of at a FOX television station except for cleaning the toilets...which I luckily don't have to do (For now...). This guy HOGWYLDE has something to say about my initial post. Remember, all I was asking for was a thread to speak with current and former military members. (And I guess HOGWYLDE gets wild with pigs in Indiana):

HOGWYLDE'S comment:

""I have to say that I wouldn't trust Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Lee Harvey Oswald, or Major Nidal Hasan to give me any kind of advice. Just because you believe someone has some "connection" to your life experiences doesn't mean squat about their trustworthiness."

"I court-martialed and had "office hours" with plenty of people that I wouldn't have anything to do with now just because they "served".""

HOGWYLDE's comment makes a point, but he is commenting on 4 people out of thousands and thousands of current military or former military members. What kind of percent is that? I'm sure HOGWYLDE can do the math. (He forgot or was never learned about the former Marine who was a decent shot in Austin, TX back in '66. Maybe he was too busy with the hogs to go to history class.)

HOG
    , you ought to start reading some books. I am sure HOGWYLDE can Google or Wikipedia all sorts of former military members who have done horrible things. Hell HOGWYLDE...I've done horrible things while I was in the military. I hope you enjoyed placing a court martial on every person you had "office hours" with. I hope you at least treated them with the respect that they deserve. (I'm not really sure what "office hours" means...but maybe it's the reason they got rid of "Don't ask, don't tell.".

If I ever met HOGWYLDE, and he put my service to The United States of America in "quotes". He would have a problem using those quoting fingers later on.

All I was saying with the thread is that it would be nice to have conversations with former military members. It will be okay HOGWYLDE...your 'Less than Honorable' discharge on your DD-214 is enough for me to know that you are truly a great person. I hope you enjoy your "office hours" at the Blue Oyster.

I'm off my soapbox. Thank you for reading.

:patriot::ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom