• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    With all the modern laser stuff these days you would think we could burn a small hole in it and bring it down slowly.
    Thanks for the memory jog Leadeye! The program got cut years ago, but we (USAF is "we" in this case) were testing the Airborne Laser (YAL-1) over 20 years ago. It was a 747 with a freakin laser in the nose! I saw a piece of rocket fuselage that got hit with the laser in a test. It worked.

Probably have to change the the... ok I know nothing about lasers. Hopefully there is a knob that dials it down from high to low.

Hitting a balloon ain't much of a challenge for a weapons system designed to hit missiles. Putting a smaller than a 10 inch hole (make that two 10 inch holes, entry and exit) in a balloon with something designed to overheat a missile's fuel tank might be a challenge.

Small hole vents the helium. Chi-Com balloon floats to the ground. We disassemble/reverse-engineer every square inch of the balloon and payload. Send it back to Xinnie the Pooh in a sea-van on a slow boat.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do you still think we shouldn’t shoot it down?

Hell no, now it's a misinformation opportunity waiting to be exploited. Billboards reading: "It really isn't that hot, you can order the XXX o-ring scorcher and be fine without the ranch."

Alternately, could this all be about China trying to See Rock City as all the barn roofs have told us to do for decades?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think Jesse might be correct. We’re weak and afraid of lashing out against our masters.

OK I had to look this guy up. When I see a star on a blue USAF uniform epaulet and no pilot's wings over the ribbons it catches my eye. You just don't see it very often.

Career Public Affairs Officer. Tucker Carlson referred to him as "Pentagon Robot"... seemed appropriate.

Don't get me wrong, we need PAOs. Gotta have someone for the troops to point the press towards. It's the PAO or the Installation Commander and the Wing King is way too busy to deal with the newsies.

Now as far the "we are monitoring the balloon and the debris field would make it dangerous to bring down" statement... there's enough **** there to fertilize the Sinai. It's Mon-****ing-tana!!! You know what else is in Montana? Malstrom AFB which is... one of the three Missile Wings in the USAF. The others? FE Warren AFB in Wyoming and Minot AFB in North Dakota. Depending on the prevailing wind the Chi-Com balloon could have went over any of those bases.

And what else is on the path? Nebraska... Offutt AFB which has the 55th Wing. RIVET JOINT, COBRA BALL, all the crazy Intel aircraft.

Then it goes over Missouri, which has the little town of Knob Noster. Home to Whiteman AFB, the 509th Bomb Wing, they fly... B-2 Stealth Bomber.

Don't forget Southern Indiana. Over in @GodFearinGunTotin 's area of operations between Saltillo and Leipsic is a former Strategic Air Command, now "not sure who, was Air Combat Command when I was at Langley AFB" facility for low frequency communications in the event of nuclear war.

Do I need a tinfoil hat, or am I onto something? All of the above is choice "C".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    OK I had to look this guy up. When I see a star on a blue USAF uniform epaulet and no pilot's wings over the ribbons it catches my eye. You just don't see it very often.

Career Public Affairs Officer. Tucker Carlson referred to him as "Pentagon Robot"... seemed appropriate.

Don't get me wrong, we need PAOs. Gotta have someone for the troops to point the press towards. It's the PAO or the Installation Commander and the Wing King is way too busy to deal with the newsies.

Now as far the "we are monitoring the balloon and the debris field would make it dangerous to bring down" statement... there's enough **** there to fertilize the Sinai. It's Mon-****ing-tana!!! You know what else is in Montana? Malstrom AFB which is... one of the three Missile Wings in the USAF. The others? FE Warren AFB in Wyoming and Minot AFB in North Dakota. Depending on the prevailing wind the Chi-Com balloon could have went over any of those bases.

And what else is on the path? Nebraska... Offutt AFB which has the 55th Wing. RIVET JOINT, COBRA BALL, all the crazy Intel aircraft.

Then it goes over Missouri, which has the little town of Knob Noster. Home to Whiteman AFB, the 509th Bomb Wing, they fly... B-2 Stealth Bomber.

Don't forget Southern Indiana. Over in @GodFearinGunTotin 's area of operations between Saltillo and Leipsic is a former Strategic Air Command, now "not sure who, was Air Combat Command when I was at Langley AFB" facility for low frequency communications in the event of nuclear war.

Do I need a tinfoil hat, or am I onto something? All of the above is choice "C".

China has spy satellites. Do you really think they are getting any real intelligence from a balloon we know is there vs satellite imagery?

Is it possible this is symbolism, grist for domestic propaganda, intentional bait, or some combination of all 3? They had to know we'd notice it. They are long game thinkers. I don't think you have to be tinfoil hat, but there's got to be some intent other than simply intel gathering, which they can do better and less in your face.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To get to Southern Indiana from Missouri you go across Illinois. Scott AFB is the home to the USAF Air Mobility Command and the US Transportation Command.

Top Bottom