• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, that is just wrong. Glenda was elected. You gotta work with her, not waste a bunch of money trying to bypass her.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't understand why he felt it necessary to create another agency to deal with education when we already have the department of education. I also agree with Clarity, they need to work together and find some common ground not create more turmoil.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yeah, that is just wrong. Glenda was elected. You gotta work with her, not waste a bunch of money trying to bypass her.
    Lol. If Obama has taught you nothing else it should be that it's easier to get what you want when you refuse to involve the other side.

Its frustrating to see expansion of the government but I'm reserving judgment on whether or not education improves. The problem is that the majority of Indiana see nothing wrong with the traditional educational format. Ergo trying to improve the current system makes sense to them. I'm sure the democrat school person is all for smaller government though, lol. She's just pissed she didn't think of it first.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Lol. If Obama has taught you nothing else it should be that it's easier to get what you want when you refuse to involve the other side.

Its frustrating to see expansion of the government but I'm reserving judgment on whether or not education improves. The problem is that the majority of Indiana see nothing wrong with the traditional educational format. Ergo trying to improve the current system makes sense to them. I'm sure the democrat school person is all for smaller government though, lol. She's just pissed she didn't think of it first.

She's pissed off he didn't mention it to her even though they met 2 days before hand. He's an ass, and deserves all of the ridicule associated with this maneuver.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And further cements the cause of government schooling and the Prussian School model. How big can he grow Indiana's government? Guess we'll see. He's off to a running start and hasn't done anything yet to downsize it.

Pence creates new state education agency - News-Sentinel.com

Isn't that what state standards are supposed to do? How is it that a government agency is going to be able to do with teachers and guidelines can't? /rhetorical

On the flip side, the standards are worthless. A full 20% of incoming freshman require remediation classes just to get caught up for 101 coursework. The rate has declined over the past 10 years, but I'm betting that has less to do with better educational outcomes in the high schools and a shift in the attendees heading off to college. The cost of college and the declining economy/reduced buying power of the dollar mean that it is a decision made for those who are better prepared/more likely to succeed. Those who would have gone just because it's the expected path are probably looking at college alternatives. (And by college I mean a traditional 4-year university.) This is supported by the fact that the enrollment in online and vocational/specialized educational institutions (like Ivy Tech) has increased in that same time period.

Anyway, back on topic, the agency will achieve nothing because it will ignore the elephant in the room.

Care to expand upon that?
    That one is easy. Pence doesn't share a majority of positions with MM, so MM resorts to namecalling in a derogatory manner to express his displeasure at others not doing his bidding. ;)

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Maybe you should look at the other way,

Maybe this is an attempt to intervene between the F'd up Feds and the local schools, If we can get school control back in local hands that's a good thing and this is the first step. There might be a big picture here your not seeing. Pence is strongly for local gov't control and against the Feds and Michelle O' telling our kids how to act in school

Stop your whining and talk to your local reps and give them your concern, I talk to Peggy Mayfeild Face to Face almost every month. Get with your local rep and ask them what they think of it and how this can be turned to benifit Indiana.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Pence is nothing but a tea bagger.

I love it when they degrade to name calling. It gives your side, no matter which side it is, so much credibility. Although it seems to be a very effective technique for the (now I'm doing it) uninformed short attention span voters that seem to be swelling in strength.

Pop quiz; The day the germans bombed Pearl Harbor is referred to as "A day that will live in _________"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love it when they degrade to name calling. It gives your side, no matter which side it is, so much credibility. Although it seems to be a very effective technique for the (now I'm doing it) uninformed short attention span voters that seem to be swelling in strength.

Pop quiz; The day the germans bombed Pearl Harbor is referred to as "A day that will live in _________"?

Do not push them to hard.....It will take a minute for them to figure out which nation actually did this.....those nasty Germans...............:):

I see what you did there.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    She's pissed off he didn't mention it to her even though they met 2 days before hand.

lol. Exactly. Do you tell you battle plans to the enemy on the eve of the fight? He obviously wanted credit for this and a) didn't want her to steal his credit or b) didn't want her spilling the beans to people who would oppose it.

The fact that he pissed of a democrat is the silver lining in this fiasco.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    lol. Exactly. Do you tell you battle plans to the enemy on the eve of the fight? He obviously wanted credit for this and a) didn't want her to steal his credit or b) didn't want her spilling the beans to people who would oppose it.

The fact that he pissed of a democrat is the silver lining in this fiasco.
    He didn't want the democrat to get credit for making Indiana's government even bigger and creating yet another layer of bureaucracy that we'll never be able to get rid of? Yeah, that seems about right for his holiness.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    once again sounds like a lot of Lib terians are more likely just Libs. Do you think some dirty dog democrat would have been better?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    once again sounds like a lot of Lib terians are more likely just Libs. Do you think some dirty dog democrat would have been better?
    So, growing government is OK when republicrats do it, but not when dems do it? Gotcha. The new republicrats are at least showing their real colours. Guess the small government lower taxes thing is passe'.

Top Bottom