• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I received a call at this late hour from a most reliable source about the events that took place this evening on HB 1065 the carry to the workplace bill.
    The bill now sits in the hands of the Democrat controlled House. Rep. Bischoff had the option of accepting the bill in the form it now stands after leaving the Senate. It's a good bill.

I'm told that there has been some last minute maneuvers by Rep. Bischoff and Bauer to let this measure die on the vine. It's not a done deal yet, but the clock is running out. It seems that the fact the bill did not include language specifically stating "ammunition" is the reason the Chamber of Commerce claims that will now allow businessess to prevent employees from bringing ammo onto their company property.

According to what I was told just an hour ago is that some Democrats are using this as their "way out".

From the beginning of this session we all knew that many of these House Democrats who suddenly had a conversion to being "pro gun" this year after fighting us on this last year, that it would not be beyond the realm of possibility for them to pull the rug out at the last minute.

As I said it's not over yet because the fat lady has not sang yet, but if this bill does not pass the House I hope that gun owners will remember who it was that stuck it to them.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org | The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, I suppose that means that ammo is currently allowed, including at schools. After all,

IC 35-47-9-2
    Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property;
    (2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony.

There is no mention of ammo in the current legislation/restrictions. That must mean that ammo is currently legal to carry in to schools/federal buildings/etc. and it is just the guns that are restricted. Or if guns and ammo are explicitly listed, then holsters will be a problem. Typical Democratic tactics. If the public doesn't support you... If the legislation doesn't support you... If the courts don't even support you... Find an interpretation that has no historical bearing and claim it is the central point. :rolleyes:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Bill no need to dare me...
    I am all ready planning on voting several of these dillweeds out of office, then sending them a letter to explain why...

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    This sort of childish nonsense is what makes me ashamed of our government. What happened to trying to do a good job running the government for the people? What happened to trying to keep our country strong by doing what is right? It's all getting lost in petty men's personal agendas.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Do it. I [strike]double[/strike] TRIPLE-dog dare ya!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill no need to dare me...
    I am all ready planning on voting several of these dillweeds out of office, then sending them a letter to explain why...

That's one. Anyone else? (it wasn't directed specifically at you, Jeremy. :patriot:)

This sort of childish nonsense is what makes me ashamed of our government. What happened to trying to do a good job running the government for the people? What happened to trying to keep our country strong by doing what is right? It's all getting lost in petty men's personal agendas.

Using the word "man" or the words "do a good job" in a description of Pat Bauer and his band of rectal orifices is disingenuous and dishonest.

Special interests and lobby power groups...

That and a [strike]weak[/strike] missing sense of honor...
    FTFY.

Blessings,
    Bill

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Just wanted to make sure that everyone understood my stance with these sirtbags that are selling our country down the drain. They are leaving no place in it for people like me. So it is either them out of office or me moving to a new country... I happen to like the US a lot, so bye to them hope they starve for what they have done to us...

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I agree that we need to vote a lot of these guys out. The other thing we need to do is send a loud and clear message to the Indiana House Democrats, especially those that have NRA A or B ratings that this kind of behavior will absolutely not be tolerated.

Over at Gun Nuts I've got a list compiled with links to their websites and contact info of A and B NRA-rated Democrats in Indiana. If we're going to get killed on this bill, than by god I want to die in a pile of figurative brass and let these representatives know that this isn't going to fly in an election year.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

You ain't seen nothing. Try watching the proceedings sometime. You'll get to hear the Speaker call for a voice vote. It goes something like this:

Speaker: "All in favor, vote aye." <long pause>
    Small number of legislators: "Aye"
    Speaker: "Allopposedvotenoamendmentpasses."
    Large number of legislators: "NOOO!!!"
    Speaker: "Too late."

It makes me want to vomit the way our legislative process gets bastardized.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    So basically its either going to be a loop hole against us or a sneaky maneuver to let it die so we can't see how they voted against it? Sounds like typical political BS but as usual it sounds like we will get the short end of the stick.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You ain't seen nothing. Try watching the proceedings sometime. You'll get to hear the Speaker call for a voice vote. It goes something like this:

Speaker: "All in favor, vote aye." <long pause>
    Small number of legislators: "Aye"
    Speaker: "Allopposedvotenoamendmentpasses."
    Large number of legislators: "NOOO!!!"
    Speaker: "Too late."

It makes me want to vomit the way our legislative process gets bastardized.

Apparently never heard of Robert's huh... :dunno:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    All of this that happens makes me wish congress (State and Federal) would go back to how it used to be where people would "Take one for the team" and go serve their duty as a representative for a term or two. That way everyone would be a common man/woman and be in touch with the real problems. The perks of the office should be to offset the fact that the men/women would have to leave their normal jobs for a short time.

The minute people started looking at being a Rep. or Senator as a permanent career is the minute the system got bastardized. These guys are worried about keeping their jobs rather than doing a good job. The guys like Bauer must think they are above getting voted out. The saddest part is he may be right for his district.

You all know the old saying though..."Wish in one had......"

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, I suppose that means that ammo is currently allowed, including at schools. After all,

There is no mention of ammo in the current legislation/restrictions. That must mean that ammo is currently legal to carry in to schools/federal buildings/etc. and it is just the guns that are restricted. Or if guns and ammo are explicitly listed, then holsters will be a problem. Typical Democratic tactics. If the public doesn't support you... If the legislation doesn't support you... If the courts don't even support you... Find an interpretation that has no historical bearing and claim it is the central point. :rolleyes:

We need to write and call our reps and remind them of this , if that is the case than the current laws are flawed. Tell them to get off their arse and vote YEA.

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    email your house rep

I just emailed my House Rep to let him know how important I think it is for him and his fellow Democrats to make sure this bill goes through. Basically the gist was that I do not think the Democrats can afford to be perceived to be on the wrong side of this issue right now, given the challenges they already face with the economy and growing dissatisfaction with the White House. He has previously expressed pro 2A sentiments to me, so I reiterated that fact to him.

I also sent him a link to this thread and let him know about the size and seemingly growing political awareness of INGO.

Top Bottom