PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I admit I INGO on the toilet while talk-typing. Wife quit asking who I’m talking to.
    As an aside, anyone else notice autocorrect/dictation has gone down the crapper over the past year or so? both used to work great. Now? Not so much. ESPECIALLY autocorrect which will convert halfway decent misspellings into clusters of letters. LIke I'll type "as an asidc" and when I hit the space it totally changes aside to "ASD dd er" (or something like that) Dafu???

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    I mean she was okay with forced vaccinations. Not all that knowledgeable on that, IMHO.
    You got me there. I'm not an anti vaxxer. I think the covid stuff has been complicated - I've held opinions all over the place about it. I remember arguing with a co-worker (the health teacher actually) that it shouldn't be mandated, actually she managed to convince me otherwise. But; that was near the start of this whole debacle. Shrug.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As an aside, anyone else notice autocorrect/dictation has gone down the crapper over the past year or so? both used to work great. Now? Not so much. ESPECIALLY autocorrect which will convert halfway decent misspellings into clusters of letters. LIke I'll type "as an asidc" and when I hit the space it totally changes aside to "ASD dd er" (or something like that) Dafu???
    On your phone? I'm using a 3rd party keyboard that learns my typing habits (though it's not active during sensitive activity such as passwords, etc) so generally I haven't noticed what you mention.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You got me there. I'm not an anti vaxxer. I think the covid stuff has been complicated - I've held opinions all over the place about it. I remember arguing with a co-worker (the health teacher actually) that it shouldn't be mandated, actually she managed to convince me otherwise. But; that was near the start of this whole debacle. Shrug.
    There’s probably 30,000 posts in this joint specifically about covid, we were on the front lines of arguing about it starting in December of ‘18.
    You’re right, a lot has changed and we’ve learned a lot, and you’re not alone in your beliefs. Minority, maybe, but that’s ok. Most here aren’t anti-vaxxers, most are just skeptical enough to not believe in covid vax.

Glad to see you interacting, it can be a fun addiction place.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Same , figured it was me when I type really fast.

ps I couldn’t get it to do it just then.
    what gets me is the text it corrects to is not only in left field, its halfway into the parking lot! Some characters it adds werent even touched. And on rare occasions, legit properly spelled words changed to bizarre proper names. And it loves autocorrecting "network" to Netwerk. :scratch:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    what gets me is the text it corrects to is not only in left field, its halfway into the parking lot! Some characters it adds werent even touched. And on rare occasions, legit properly spelled words changed to bizarre proper names. And it loves autocorrecting "network" to Netwerk. :scratch:
    I find that the learning auto-correct often learns odd words from me. Since I do not know how it learns this it is frustrating to see past misspellings appear in place of properly spelled words. Recently I somehow capitalized “internet“ in auto-correct and it would always capitalize it. It has now quit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never use talk-to-text. DoggyMama does though and it gets irritating hearing her say the same thing 3 or 4 times to get it to "take". That's what I ran into when I tried it. I said screw it. I can type faster even on a phone than the time it takes to get the talk-to-text to get it right.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I find that the learning auto-correct often learns odd words from me. Since I do not know how it learns this it is frustrating to see past misspellings appear in place of properly spelled words. Recently I somehow capitalized “internet“ in auto-correct and it would always capitalize it. It has now quit.
    The Internet should be capitalized.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not an anti-vaxxer either. Being against forced vaccination is not the same as beign an anti-vaxxer. And, for the people who wanted to force it, they better be ***damn sure that the disease it is supposed to prevent poses a threat to humanity, and that the vaccine is not only effective, but is the only way that we avoid massive deaths. None of that was proven to any extent which would ever justify mandating them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Autocorrect has gotten horrible. It actually suggests some misspelled words, for **** sake! But, dictation works pretty well on an iphone. Even when I flush the toilet it seems to be able to figure out what I said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On your phone? I'm using a 3rd party keyboard that learns my typing habits (though it's not active during sensitive activity such as passwords, etc) so generally I haven't noticed what you mention.
    I gotta get one of those. I tend to hit the 'n' key instead of the space bar. I would love for the keyboard to figure that out and just correct it for me. They available for iphone?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never use talk-to-text. DoggyMama does though and it gets irritating hearing her say the same thing 3 or 4 times to get it to "take". That's what I ran into when I tried it. I said screw it. I can type faster even on a phone than the time it takes to get the talk-to-text to get it right.
    It's usually spot on for me. But I've learned to sort of help it out by exaggerating pronunciation. Kinda like when practicing for a speech, you practice in the mirror while exaggerating your pronunciation, so that you speak clearly when you're speaking.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I use SwiftKey on iPad and iPhone. There are others out there. Not sure how well it will compensate for that particular concern @jamil but it has a bunch of settings, learns over time. For me I couldn't stand when I came to iPhone that the "." was not on the main keyboard screen (I believe you can hit space bar and hold, etc for it, but it drove me crazy and SwiftKey was closer to what I was used to).

I used to use wordflow but I don't think it's supported anymore.

I do turn off the swipe functionality as dragging my fingers across the keyboard is not natural for me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom