PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I use SwiftKey on iPad and iPhone. There are others out there. Not sure how well it will compensate for that particular concern @jamil but it has a bunch of settings, learns over time. For me I couldn't stand when I came to iPhone that the "." was not on the main keyboard screen (I believe you can hit space bar and hold, etc for it, but it drove me crazy and SwiftKey was closer to what I was used to).

I used to use wordflow but I don't think it's supported anymore.

I do turn off the swipe functionality as dragging my fingers across the keyboard is not natural for me.
    So it’s an app on screen to replace the iPhone keyboard, not a separate piece of hardware? That’s how I read it, I’m not only old school I think in old school by default.

That swipe feature blows my mind every time I try it, kinda go back and forth on it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So it’s an app on screen to replace the iPhone keyboard, not a separate piece of hardware? That’s how I read it, I’m not only old school I think in old school by default.

That swipe feature blows my mind every time I try it, kinda go back and forth on it.
    Yeah, wherever the normal keyboard would appear this one does instead, except protected fields such as passwords, or where an app such as a password vault, banking app, etc preclude 3rd party keyboards for security purposes (and in those the 1st party keyboard presents instead).

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Oh haha that's fair. I just figure I'm flashing my license every time I go to a restaurant, range, pick up my perscriptions, etc, etc. So I'm not exactly afraid of some guys from Indiana seeing my license.
    No reason to be afraid of us Indiana boys. We are like Teddy Bears. Some more cuddly than others (as in chubby) lol

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Internet should be capitalized.
    Not anymore. Maybe in formal writing. But it's widely accepted not to capitalize it. Same with google if you're using it to say internet search. My browser doesn't even bother to complain about it not being capitalized.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not anymore. Maybe in formal writing. But it's widely accepted not to capitalize it. Same with google if you're using it to say internet search. My browser doesn't even bother to complain about it not being capitalized.
    There are a lot of slippery slopes! Not calling it the Internet, next thing you know Corvettes no longer have round tail lights (4 each) and the Designated Hitter is in both leagues.

Constitutional Amendment: Corvettes will have 4 round tail lights, the DH is banned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are a lot of slippery slopes! Not calling it the Internet, next thing you know Corvettes no longer have round tail lights (4 each) and the Designated Hitter is in both leagues.

Constitutional Amendment: Corvettes will have 4 round tail lights, the DH is banned.
    Jeez. I had to do a double take. My dyslexia saw "Designated Hitler" which did not seem to fit the context. I was like, WTF? :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you are referring to the Internet, it should be capitalized. It is a proper noun. Where it doesn't get capitalized is if you say something like an internet app.

Google should be capitalized if you refer to the company, but not if you use it as a verb.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As an aside, anyone else notice autocorrect/dictation has gone down the crapper over the past year or so? both used to work great. Now? Not so much. ESPECIALLY autocorrect which will convert halfway decent misspellings into clusters of letters. LIke I'll type "as an asidc" and when I hit the space it totally changes aside to "ASD dd er" (or something like that) Dafu???
    Saw it again today. This time it changed a misspelled "In the end " to "In rhrvv bc"

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    As an aside, anyone else notice autocorrect/dictation has gone down the crapper over the past year or so? both used to work great. Now? Not so much. ESPECIALLY autocorrect which will convert halfway decent misspellings into clusters of letters. LIke I'll type "as an asidc" and when I hit the space it totally changes aside to "ASD dd er" (or something like that) Dafu???

Autocorrect is the devil.
    Saw it again today. This time it changed a misspelled "In the end " to "In rhrvv bc"

Hittin' the mushrooms again, are we, boys?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There’s probably 30,000 posts in this joint specifically about covid, we were on the front lines of arguing about it starting in December of ‘18.
    You’re right, a lot has changed and we’ve learned a lot, and you’re not alone in your beliefs. Minority, maybe, but that’s ok. Most here aren’t anti-vaxxers, most are just skeptical enough to not believe in covid vax.

Glad to see you interacting, it can be a fun addiction place.
    This is the part that pisses me off. If you don't get this jab you're now "anti-vaxxer". It's not an either or, black or white thing. There are good vaccinations that have been properly tested and actually, you know, PREVENT the condition and not allow you to get it 3-4 times more. Wife and I had it last in dec 2021, not since. Her entire family has all of the shots and boosters and have each had it 4 times since then. One of them 6. That's not a ****ing vaccine people.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland

That right there, ladies and gents, is an American.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom