PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are a lot of very smart people here. I learn from them daily…
    I too have my learning curve altered daily from the posts in this forum. Across the spectrum.
    My know of firearms has been a vertical curve since joining.
    Just people in general. There is always an answer for a question asked. There is always help when asked.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    It's the M9A4 or the "newest" M9 model currently made , optics ready mean that the pistol has cuts on the slide that allow a red dot sight to be affixed to the slide.

xTk9pR6.jpg

It allows you to have a sight picture like this when shooting a handgun , the chief benefit of that is it allows you to maintain a target focused sight picture. Plus optics on handguns is definitely the direction the market is going. Plus the newer Vertex style grip is very nice and a big improvement over the original 92

It’s very very nice, but it’s just not in my price range at the moment, and not looking for anything too fancy. It’s like super nice though lol, wish I could afford it.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    I too have my learning curve altered daily from the posts in this forum. Across the spectrum.
    My know of firearms has been a vertical curve since joining.
    Just people in general. There is always an answer for a question asked. There is always help when asked.
    Oh definitely!! This for sure seems the place to go for all my questions when they arise. Thank you

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    It’s very very nice, but it’s just not in my price range at the moment, and not looking for anything too fancy. It’s like super nice though lol, wish I could afford it.
    That is nice if you plan to install some form of optics, is that part of your plan? Looking to buy a first handgun on a budget there is no reason I can think of to buy "optics ready" if you do not plan to do so.
    My personal choice is no optics, don't trust them to work when I need them. I am pretty much "old school" and still have, shoot and carry revolvers. I also own, shoot and carry semi-autos, pretty much whatever fits best with what I am wearing and how much I have been eating.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    That is nice if you plan to install some form of optics, is that part of your plan? Looking to buy a first handgun on a budget there is no reason I can think of to buy "optics ready" if you do not plan to do so.
    My personal choice is no optics, don't trust them to work when I need them. I am pretty much "old school" and still have, shoot and carry revolvers. I also own, shoot and carry semi-autos, pretty much whatever fits best with what I am wearing and how much I have been eating.
    Never really thought about optics on a pistol, I’m sure it helps but at the range I do just fine with the sights, if I were to get optics it would be on a rifle depending how I do with iron sights, not to mention I know going from iron to optics might be tricky on the eyes, overall for now just looking for something simple but reliable, and has weight, balance, accuracy.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    There will always be another deal. Guns are made, sold, and resold every day.

INGO is not about the classified. It is a forum with knowledge, that also has classifieds for members.
    Not only that, INGO makes nothing off the sale.

So, you have 2 options.
    1) 50 QUALITY posts. Discuss something. Don't just make a one line observation or remark. Actually, it can be one line, if it contributes and is "quality".
    This rule is in place, because we've had hundreds of people come here just for the classifieds, and they act like a guest going into your bathroom and trashing the place.
    2) $50 for a site supporter. That jumps you to where you can use the classifieds. It isn't "contributing" by exchanging info, but it is "contributing" by helping keep the site running.
    I think you mean $20...unless inflation hit INGO too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    what jagee said. $30 to me for the advice.
    I think you could have a schedule of fees accordingly to specialty. So general advice, like dating redheads, would be maybe $30. But specific advice like how to take a dump in a Sub toilet, now that’s probably worth a lot more to someone who needs that advice in a hurry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Never really thought about optics on a pistol, I’m sure it helps but at the range I do just fine with the sights, if I were to get optics it would be on a rifle depending how I do with iron sights, not to mention I know going from iron to optics might be tricky on the eyes, overall for now just looking for something simple but reliable, and has weight, balance, accuracy.
    I put this together for CKW (spouse) as she is recently returned to the range due to medical issues.
    I have the "Cmores" on 2 of her guns and she loves them.

Riuger 22/45 Lite
    91JXzpi.jpg

Tippman .22LR
    u1wzTD2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom